Windows 10: How do I Connect My Surface to Hotel Wi-Fi?

Discus and support How do I Connect My Surface to Hotel Wi-Fi? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I connect to public wifi on normal devices - Apple, Android, toasters, whatever, the non-Windows devices show a browser page and allow me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Preston Park, Jun 19, 2019.

1. How do I Connect My Surface to Hotel Wi-Fi?

When I connect to public wifi on normal devices - Apple, Android, toasters, whatever, the non-Windows devices show a browser page and allow me to accept terms to get connected.

On Microsoft Surface, it simply says “No Internet, open”. I’ve tried rebooting — which I pretty much have to do every time I change wifi networks anyway, running the troubleshooter, turning wifi off and on, disabling and re-enabling the adapter, and flushing the DNS. I’ve done driver-reinstalls previously in the vain hope it would solve the problem of having to reboot every time I connected to a different network.

The troubleshooter says “Windows can’t communicate with the device or resource…” I can’t post the entire log because I am typing this on my iPad. (I think pretty much everyone but Microsoft knows how to make their wifi-enabled products work without much fuss).

I have this problem every time I travel. I think I may have randomly managed to get it to work last time — or maybe I just had my Mac with me.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get this thing to work short of buying a wireless access point to bring with me everywhere. This is so stupid frustrating.

:)

Preston Park, Jun 19, 2019

2. Surface Pro 4 will not connect to Starbucks Wi-Fi?

I have not used my surface on many unknown Wi-Fi networks. However, I have not had any problems where did. Today I tried logging in to Starbucks Wi-Fi and got "no internet connection." I spent an hour on the phone sitting in Sbux talking to their Google-Sbux Wi-Fi tech support to no avail. I did all these:

Restarting Surface

Restarting browser/Wi-Fi

Disable firewall.

Clearing cache

Forgetting networks and re-connecting.

Disable/re-enable network adapter

Entering DNS settings.

Removal of the adapter driver and reinstall.

Nothing worked. I was pretty sure the tech was unfamiliar with Win 10 and was reading down a list of "fixes." At any rate, the problem was not solved. I suspect some sort of security switch with Win 10, but don't know where to look.

Internet searches found a few similar complaints regarding Surfaces and Starbucks' Wi-Fi. However, they were related to earlier models. Anyone have this problem and figure it out?

p.s. Of course I was the only one with a Microsoft product in a sea of Apple machines. You see how this type of thing further makes MS look bad.

CalypsoArt, Jun 27, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Surface Pro 4 will not connect to Starbucks Wi-Fi?

Problem with Wi-fi sense maybe?

How do I Connect My Surface to Hotel Wi-Fi? [​IMG]

dalchina, Jun 27, 2019
  4. johnny234 Win User

How do I Connect My Surface to Hotel Wi-Fi?

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

How do I Connect My Surface to Hotel Wi-Fi?

1. How do I Connect My Surface to Hotel Wi-Fi? - Similar Threads - Connect Surface Hotel

2. How do i connect to wi-fi?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i connect to wi-fi?: Just installed windows 11 but there is no wifi, i check to see and there's no option for wifi only Ethernet. I went into the the system to see the adapters however only an Ethernet adapter appeared. How do i fix this? for further information the motherboard I am using is the...
  3. How do i connect to wi-fi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i connect to wi-fi?: Just installed windows 11 but there is no wifi, i check to see and there's no option for wifi only Ethernet. I went into the the system to see the adapters however only an Ethernet adapter appeared. How do i fix this? for further information the motherboard I am using is the...
  4. How can I connect to the Wi-Fi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I connect to the Wi-Fi?: I bought a new pc with ROG STRIX B550-F as MB and Ryzen 7 5800X for CPU and Win 11 for my desktop but I can't connect to Wi-Fi Wi-fi doesn't show up. When I click "network and internet" in settings, the only options I have is Ethernet, VPN, Proxy, Dial-up, and Advanced...
  5. How can I connect to the Wi-Fi?

How can I connect to the Wi-Fi?: I bought a new pc with ROG STRIX B550-F as MB and Ryzen 7 5800X for CPU and Win 11 for my desktop but I can't connect to Wi-Fi Wi-fi doesn't show up. When I click "network and internet" in settings, the only options I have is Ethernet, VPN, Proxy, Dial-up, and Advanced...
  6. How do I connect to the Wi-Fi when the “Wi-Fi connection” option is missing from the computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I connect to the Wi-Fi when the “Wi-Fi connection” option is missing from the computer?: Hello,I recently moved my Windows 10 desktop to my new apartment. After setting everything up, I turned on the computer and found that the tabs to select a Wi-Fi connection were missing. When I click the “network & internet settings,” the only option available is Ethernet;...
  7. How do I connect to the Wi-Fi when the “Wi-Fi connection” option is missing from the computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I connect to the Wi-Fi when the “Wi-Fi connection” option is missing from the computer?: Hello,I recently moved my Windows 10 desktop to my new apartment. After setting everything up, I turned on the computer and found that the tabs to select a Wi-Fi connection were missing. When I click the “network & internet settings,” the only option available is Ethernet;...
  8. How do I connect to the Wi-Fi when the “Wi-Fi connection” option is missing from the computer?

9. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  10. Surface Pro 4 will not connect to Starbucks Wi-Fi?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Pro 4 will not connect to Starbucks Wi-Fi?: I have not used my surface on many unknown Wi-Fi networks. However, I have not had any problems where did. Today I tried logging in to Starbucks Wi-Fi and got "no internet connection." I spent an hour on the phone sitting in Sbux talking to their Google-Sbux Wi-Fi tech...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set up suface pro hotel wifi