Windows 10: How do I connect second monitor only to my TV

Discus and support How do I connect second monitor only to my TV in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two monitors one goes into the HDMI port on my GPU. The other goes into the DVI port on my GPU I also have a TV. I'd like to mirror my second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bethman1995, Jan 15, 2021.

1. How do I connect second monitor only to my TV

I have two monitors one goes into the HDMI port on my GPU. The other goes into the DVI port on my GPU

I also have a TV. I'd like to mirror my second screen only to my TV with a HDMI cable while I work with the main one. Please what's the best way to go about this.

submitted by /u/Bethman1995
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bethman1995, Jan 15, 2021

2. Connecting laptop to tv

Hi Ro,

There might be a configuration in your TV that we need to change to resolve this . For better assistance, we would like to gather more information:

• When you connected the HDMI to the TV, what source/display option did you choose?
    • Have you tried connecting the HDMI cable to a different TV/monitor?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable to connect your computer and TV?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jan 15, 2021
  3. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Jan 15, 2021
  4. How do I connect second monitor only to my TV

Problem with connecting dual monitor to the TV

I cannot connect my dual monitor with wireless display adaptor to the TV. I can see on
    TV screen display "Ready for Connection" but the adapter and TV are listed as Unconnected in My Devices. The Action Center doesn’t see these devices

Deniel Figi, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

How do I connect second monitor only to my TV

1. How do I connect second monitor only to my TV - Similar Threads - connect second monitor

2. How to connect a second monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to connect a second monitor?: My pc won't detect a second monitor, but when I plug one in, the display is duplicated across both screens and the resolution drops to the minimum. Manually detecting for a second monitor doesn't work. Both monitors are the same make and model. I am using a single hdmi port...
  3. How to connect a second monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect a second monitor?: My pc won't detect a second monitor, but when I plug one in, the display is duplicated across both screens and the resolution drops to the minimum. Manually detecting for a second monitor doesn't work. Both monitors are the same make and model. I am using a single hdmi port...
  4. How to connect a second monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I connect a second monitor to an all-in-one PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I connect a second monitor to an all-in-one PC?: Hello, I'm trying to connect an older monitor to my all-in-one PC, but nothing really seems to be working. I have a Dell Inspiron 5490 AIO running Windows 10, and I'm trying to connect an Acer X191W monitor to it. I purchased a DVI to HDMI cable, which I thought would be...
  6. How do I connect a second monitor to an all-in-one PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I connect a second monitor to an all-in-one PC?: Hello, I'm trying to connect an older monitor to my all-in-one PC, but nothing really seems to be working. I have a Dell Inspiron 5490 AIO running Windows 10, and I'm trying to connect an Acer X191W monitor to it. I purchased a DVI to HDMI cable, which I thought would be...
  7. Connecting to my TV monitor with VGA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting to my TV monitor with VGA: I am using windows 10 on my Dell desktop Optiplex 7010. I connected a TV as a monitor with a display port to HDMI connection. It worked fine for a few months and then stopped. I changed cable and updated drivers but I couldn't get it to come on the tv screen. The message said...
  8. how do i make my second monitor a second desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i make my second monitor a second desktop: i have a second monitor that i want to be in an other desktop than the first monitor. is there a way to do this? submitted by /u/Darren_wl03 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffc5pr/how_do_i_make_my_second_monitor_a_second_desktop/
  9. How to connect a second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to connect a second monitor: I'm trying to connect a second monitor to my computer via hdmi and it aint working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-a-second-monitor/d9cdd8a4-358e-491d-a1ff-34d65c18fa76
  10. How do I connect my laptop to my tv scrren to use as a second monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I connect my laptop to my tv scrren to use as a second monitor?: How do connect my laptop to my tv screen to use as a second monitor? I connected my laptop to my tv screen but it is just projecting my laptop screen on my tv. I want to use my tv screen as a second monitor. Please help. Thanks...