Windows 10: how do I connect the scanner on my Epson XP 312 to my laptop?

Discus and support how do I connect the scanner on my Epson XP 312 to my laptop? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I connect the scanner on my Epson XP-312 313 315 to my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pat Franklin, Jun 5, 2021.

1. how do I connect the scanner on my Epson XP 312 to my laptop?

How do I connect the scanner on my Epson XP-312 313 315 to my laptop

:)

Pat Franklin, Jun 5, 2021
  2. rjw840 Win User

Epson XP-312 scanner not working - printer to computer

Since installing Windows 10 my Epson XP-312 will not scan to the computer. It is a WiFi connection. I can get the reverse some of the time with "fiddling". The computer does not recognize the printer/scanner, although when setting things up a test page
    was completed. It is so erratic! Tried uninstalling everything with limited success - some of the Epson programs refused to uninstall! I did use the supplied CD to try to re-install but with no overall success.

Are there any simple answers for a simple, technologically challenged OAP? Are the XP-312 and Windows 10 actually fully compatible? I did try the compatibility trouble shooting with no success. Windows 8.1 was installed before the update to W10 and
    everything worked okay.

:-( Aaaahhhh!

rjw840, Jun 5, 2021
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    Epson XP-345 printer works but not scanner

Yeah, I see that's Epson-Ireland.

Got it - printer is Wi-Fi. With that... As Oscar pointed to your printer drivers you need to install the

• Driver
    • Epson Scan software
    • Epson Scan updater software
    You might also need to install the "Other Software" in the "Event Manager" software.

Also, are you sure you're looking at the main PC (the PC where you installed the software for the printer)?

Have you checked you printer's network settings?

I'd also suggest you go over the owner's manual for said printer. It can be downloaded via Oscar's link under Manual & Documentation.

Anyway if things are right you should see both scanner and printer under Device Manager as shown for my Epson XP-960 Wi-Fi printer...

how do I connect the scanner on my Epson XP 312 to my laptop? [​IMG]

(There are not "hidden". And the printer is powered off)

Good luck.

sygnus21, Jun 5, 2021
  4. sygnus21 Win User

how do I connect the scanner on my Epson XP 312 to my laptop?

Epson XP-345 printer works but not scanner

Three things...

1. Make sure you're looking at the main PC first for the printer issue. Move to others after that.
    2. If the printer is connected by USB cable, check the connection is good (and cable ). You could also try switching USB ports.
    3. Assuming we're talking main PC - If the printer isn't showing in Device Manager that says there are no drivers... or the printer can't be seen for some reason. Goes back to drivers and/or point #2.
    I can't seem to find that printer - "Epson XP-345" on Epson's office site. Where'd you get it from?

Anyway I have an Epson XP-960 and it requires the utilities drivers for features like scanning or disk writing (labels). Here's the utilities drivers for the Epson XP-960 multi-printer.

sygnus21, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

how do I connect the scanner on my Epson XP 312 to my laptop?

1. how do I connect the scanner on my Epson XP 312 to my laptop? - Similar Threads - connect scanner Epson

2. epson xp-home printer scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    epson xp-home printer scanner: since having to do a factory reset on laptop including windows 10 the scanner on printer wont work "printer ok but cant connect to scanner". I have uninstalled scanner, re installed, used driver from disk but still no joy....
  3. how do i connect to a scanner

how do i connect to a scanner: How do i connect to the scanner, the computers sees the printer but not the scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-to-a-scanner/bfce5cab-982b-416c-b038-b2e5324c3230
  4. my epson scanner will not work

my epson scanner will not work: I updated from win 7 to win 10 now my epson xp 202 scanner will not work the printer works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-epson-scanner-will-not-work/d99d586d-1b82-4ea7-bfa8-5ef8e358e182
  5. Epson XP-345 printer works but not scanner

Epson XP-345 printer works but not scanner: Windows 10 1903 1836. About 3 days ago I went to use my printer but it wasn't 'seen' on the network and I also noticed that there were no printers showing in Device Manager. I'm not at all sure how I got the printer to work but it was something to do with default printer....
  6. can't seem to connect my epson 2400 scanner to my computer

can't seem to connect my epson 2400 scanner to my computer: i have an epson 2400 scanner that shows a connection when usb connected but my windows 10 cannot open it; says "no connection" but there is; it is on my list of devices....
  7. How do I get my scanner to connect to my computer?

How do I get my scanner to connect to my computer?: My printer/scanner worked fine all last week. This week only the printer will work. I open up the scanner in Settings, and it shows up. When I go to scan something it says that I need to connect to a scanner....
  8. How do I connect a scanner to my pc

How do I connect a scanner to my pc: How do I connect my scanner to my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-a-scanner-to-my-pc/f1776896-2617-427f-b146-6ca923986279
  9. How do I change ink color in my Epson XP-640 printer?

How do I change ink color in my Epson XP-640 printer?: How do I change ink color in my Epson XP-640 printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-ink-color-in-my-epson-xp-640/70dbe9eb-82c2-42bc-8ccb-99d779c5605b
  10. how to uinstall epson scanner xp-830? uninstall app is not working

how to uinstall epson scanner xp-830? uninstall app is not working: how to uinstall epson scanner xp-830? uninstall app is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-uinstall-epson-scanner-xp-830-uninstall-app/4fbadaf1-5c03-4d60-b364-315070ce797b