Windows 10: How do I connect to Wireless modem when moving computer

Discus and support How do I connect to Wireless modem when moving computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Can anyone provide me with a solution to the problem that a friend has experienced with his Windows 10 PC. My friend had his PC switched off for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bondy99, Jan 7, 2019.

1. bondy99 Win User

How do I connect to Wireless modem when moving computer

Hi,

Can anyone provide me with a solution to the problem that a friend has experienced with his Windows 10 PC.

My friend had his PC switched off for some time and decided to move it from where it used to be into another room.

He has a Telstra Modem using a wireless connection. He informs me he cannot get this pc to connect or detect his wireless modem and yet his tablet can do so without any problem.

He has been trying for about 3 days, he asked me for help , I don't have a wireless modem as such but a dongle that's connected to my pc via USB connection.

Can anyone provide me with any steps to get this sorted.

The only thing I know is going into Control Panel, then go to Network or Network and Connections, after that, I'm a bit stumped.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Peter

:)

bondy99, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Darren Win User

Wireless cable modem/router/firewall

can someone recommend me a wireless router with built in cable modem. Most of the devices ive seen are equiped with ADSL modems!

required features

• Wireless
    • firewall
    • router
    • Built in cable modem
    • fully telewest/blueyonder compatible

Darren, Jan 7, 2019
  3. HavePhone Win User
    Can't connect PPC as wireless modem

I have at UTStarcom 6700 running Windows Mobile 5. The instructions in the user's manual for setting up my laptop (Win XP Pro) to connect to the 6700 as a modem are vague and don't seem to accurately reflect what XP Pro is doing. Can someone provide me
    with step by step instructions on how to set up a laptop and a phone with Mobile 5 as a wireless modem? One specific problem I have had is following the instructions to "configure a modem on your PC". Here is the sequence given: Control Panel ... Phone and
    Modem Options ... Add Modem ... I will select from a list ... Standard Modem Types [the only option given] ... 33660 bps. Then, the next step is to select a port. There are no port options offered, so I am at a dead end. Appreciate someone's help here.

HavePhone, Jan 7, 2019
  4. CashComp Win User

Getting a new computer. Need a new Modem

So I'm getting a new computer this Christmas (yay parents...) but I dont have a wireless connection so I need a new modem. I have searched google everywhere to no avail, and Bellsouth SUCKS with customer support. So I decided to ask you guys. What would you suggest for the best modem for DSL within $20-$40?

CashComp, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I connect to Wireless modem when moving computer - Similar Threads - connect Wireless modem

2. How do I connect back to wireless wifi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I connect back to wireless wifi?: I restarted my laptop earlier this evening and it disconnected from the internet, I went to my settings and it switched to Ethernet. I’ve already tried a network reset....
  3. How do I connect back to wireless wifi?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I connect back to wireless wifi?: I restarted my laptop earlier this evening and it disconnected from the internet, I went to my settings and it switched to Ethernet. I’ve already tried a network reset....
  4. cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router: can't connect a Cannon printer MG5522 to my computer using my own modem and router. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-wireless-printer-to-computer-using-my/2fe6cf6a-bdde-494c-8be4-24554bc42772
  5. cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router: can't connect a Cannon printer MG5522 to my computer using my own modem and router. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-wireless-printer-to-computer-using-my/2fe6cf6a-bdde-494c-8be4-24554bc42772
  6. cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My two computers are connected via the modem

in Windows 10 Customization
    My two computers are connected via the modem: but network credentials password is not being accepted?? why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-two-computers-are-connected-via-the-modem/af2198a8-d67e-4da0-ad10-61c30d47de91
  8. How do I connect to Wirelss modem when moving computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I connect to Wirelss modem when moving computer: Hi, Can anyone provide me with a solution to the problem that a friend has experienced with his Windows 10 PC. My friend had his PC switched off for some time and decided to move it from where it used to be into another room. He has a Telstra Modem using a wireless...
  9. How do I connect to Wirelss modem when moving computer

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I connect to Wirelss modem when moving computer: Hi, Can anyone provide me with a solution to the problem that a friend has experienced with his Windows 10 PC. My friend had his PC switched off for some time and decided to move it from where it used to be into another room. He has a Telstra Modem using a wireless...
  10. windows 10 system - will not connect to new wireless router/modem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 system - will not connect to new wireless router/modem: I installed a new wireless **** Surfboard today for internet connection. My windows 10 was previously hooked up to a ethernet cable that was attached to wireless repeater. I disconnected the ethernet i restarted the computer. The computer will not recognize a wireless...