Windows 10: How do I connect to Wirelss modem when moving computer

Discus and support How do I connect to Wirelss modem when moving computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Can anyone provide me with a solution to the problem that a friend has experienced with his Windows 10 PC. My friend had his PC switched off for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bondy99, Jan 7, 2019.

1. bondy99 Win User

How do I connect to Wirelss modem when moving computer

Hi,

Can anyone provide me with a solution to the problem that a friend has experienced with his Windows 10 PC.

My friend had his PC switched off for some time and decided to move it from where it used to be into another room.

He has a Telstra Modem using a wireless connection. He informs me he cannot get this pc to connect or detect his wireless modem and yet his tablet can do so without any problem.

He has been trying for about 3 days, he asked me for help , I don't have a wireless modem as such but a dongle that's connected to my pc via USB connection.

Can anyone provide me with any steps to get this sorted.

The only thing I know is going into Control Panel, then go to Network or Network and Connections, after that, I'm a bit stumped.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Peter

:)

bondy99, Jan 7, 2019

2. Ethernet Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would like to ask additional information that will help us in resolving the issue.

• What kind of computer are you using? Is it a desktop or a laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes to your computer?
    • Have you tried troubleshooting the issue by yourself? If yes, what were the steps you have taken so far?

I would suggest you to try the following and check:

• Verify that the cable connects the modem to the wall jack is connected securely.
    • Verify that the cable connects the computer to the modem is attached securely at both ends.
    • Restart the router/modem.

Follow the steps and let us know if it helps.

JericDale Ort, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Bsnl evdo micromax mmx300c modem failed to connect on creator update

Hi Sagar,

A few possible reasons can be the cause of this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Do you receive any error messages when connecting to the Internet? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Is your computer connected to the modem using a wired or wireless connection?
    • What is the status of the connection in the system tray? Are you connected to the modem but not getting Internet connectivity?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try performing the troubleshooting steps in the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Keep us updated with the status of the issue.

Gino Des, Jan 7, 2019
  4. CashComp Win User

Getting a new computer. Need a new Modem

So I'm getting a new computer this Christmas (yay parents...) but I dont have a wireless connection so I need a new modem. I have searched google everywhere to no avail, and Bellsouth SUCKS with customer support. So I decided to ask you guys. What would you suggest for the best modem for DSL within $20-$40?

CashComp, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I connect to Wirelss modem when moving computer - Similar Threads - connect Wirelss modem

2. How do I connect to a USB modem from within a VM on Hyper-V?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I connect to a USB modem from within a VM on Hyper-V?: We have a Server 2022 running Hyper-V. It has a Server 2022 VM on it, that needs to send out alarms via a USB modem. It dials out to a person with a phone, beep-boop-beep... etc. ie via phone line. Old skool.So, I can connect the modem to the Hyper-V Host, but how can the VM...
  3. How do I connect to a USB modem from within a VM on Hyper-V?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I connect to a USB modem from within a VM on Hyper-V?: We have a Server 2022 running Hyper-V. It has a Server 2022 VM on it, that needs to send out alarms via a USB modem. It dials out to a person with a phone, beep-boop-beep... etc. ie via phone line. Old skool.So, I can connect the modem to the Hyper-V Host, but how can the VM...
  4. wirelss connection to smart tv display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wirelss connection to smart tv display: Hello there, I use microsoft surface go device and it uses OS windows 10. My problem is after several successful connection with my smart TV for wireless display, windows doesn't recognize my tv for wirelss connection. It can't be a problem with the tv because i can share my...
  5. Microsoft wirelss mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft wirelss mouse: My problem is with my Lenovo G50-80 laptop. I have Windows 10: 1909: Build 18363.1256that I use with a Microsoft wireless mouse 3500. When I scroll down a page using the center wheel a number of additional windows open up behind what I am viewing. Can have two mail...
  6. My two computers are connected via the modem

in Windows 10 Customization
    My two computers are connected via the modem: but network credentials password is not being accepted?? why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-two-computers-are-connected-via-the-modem/af2198a8-d67e-4da0-ad10-61c30d47de91
  7. How do I connect to Wireless modem when moving computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I connect to Wireless modem when moving computer: Hi, Can anyone provide me with a solution to the problem that a friend has experienced with his Windows 10 PC. My friend had his PC switched off for some time and decided to move it from where it used to be into another room. He has a Telstra Modem using a wireless...
  8. How do I connect to Wirelss modem when moving computer

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I connect to Wirelss modem when moving computer: Hi, Can anyone provide me with a solution to the problem that a friend has experienced with his Windows 10 PC. My friend had his PC switched off for some time and decided to move it from where it used to be into another room. He has a Telstra Modem using a wireless...
  9. How do I connect two computers?

How do I connect two computers?: I have two computers with Windows 10, I believe. How can I access computer 1 with computer 2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-two-computers/77880b3c-37f1-4cb4-af1f-e4cfd6416f8a
  10. How do I set up a cable modem?

How do I set up a cable modem?: I have a Motorola SURFboard SB5101 modem which I'm trying to set up as a backup internet connection. When I plug it into the cable and the computer, the LEDs indicate that it's connected to the internet and communicating with the computer, but I can't figure out how to get...