Windows 10: How do I connect Windows 10 to shared local printer on Windows 7

Discus and support How do I connect Windows 10 to shared local printer on Windows 7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After an automated windows update, my Windows 10 will NO longer connect to the shared local printer on the Win 7 machine. When I go to ADD PRINTER, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JoeIrwin, Dec 17, 2018.

1. JoeIrwin Win User

How do I connect Windows 10 to shared local printer on Windows 7

After an automated windows update, my Windows 10 will NO longer connect to the shared local printer on the Win 7 machine. When I go to ADD PRINTER, no shared printer shows up. However, I can see the shared printer in the network section of Windows Explorer. Please help. Thanks.

:)

JoeIrwin, Dec 17, 2018
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Office Printer & Windows 7

Most of the computers in my offices at work have Windows XP on them at the moment. I'm slowly converting them over to Windows 7 but have hit a bit of a roadblock. We have this big printer/scanner/copier in the front that is connected to the office network, so for example you can scan a bunch of documents and have the PDFs sent to a particular computer. I have a Windows 7 computer all set up, but the PDF is not reaching the computer after it scans.

I imagine there is something I'm doing wrong with the sharing process on the Windows 7 computer. Enabling sharing is pretty easy on XP, I thought I had everything set up on Windows 7 for sharing but apparently not. Any thoughts on what I can check to get this working?

OrbitzXT, Dec 17, 2018
  3. alexp999 Win User
    Can't connect to network printer on Windows 7

Hi,

I have a big HP A3 printer setup on my USR router, and its been working great on XP and Vista, I just go to add printer, add network printer, add by name, and paste in the following address.

http://192.168.2.1:1631/printers/My_Printer

I have just gone to do this on Windows 7 and it says it cannot connect.

Even the router is reporting it as connected and ready *Confused How do I connect Windows 10 to shared local printer on Windows 7 :confused:

alexp999, Dec 17, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Yeah, I have windows firewall disabled, and I don't use any other firewall... mostly to prevent stupid issues like this.

None taken... and yeah, I do.

Thema:

1. How do I connect Windows 10 to shared local printer on Windows 7 - Similar Threads - connect shared local

2. how do i connect to a printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i connect to a printer: I have an HP All in one Gamer computer . it started as windows 10 and recently upgraded to windows 11. Under Windows 10 i could connect to my older Canon MG3122 printer. Now i need that printer and this AIO won't even find it.The Printer is on, in print mode and has Wifi...
  3. connecting a windows 7 computer to a windows 10 for printer sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connecting a windows 7 computer to a windows 10 for printer sharing: since there is no homegroup in windows 10 how can I connect my windows 7 computer to my windows 10 computer and how do I find the settings for home group type password...
  4. Windows 10 Shared printer does not work on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Shared printer does not work on Windows 7: Hi all, We have a shared printer Samsung 282x series on a Windows 10 machine and it seems that after upgrading windows 10 to latest updates, printer is visible on windows 7 machines but not accessible. (\\hostname\printer is there) Trying to access this shared printer...
  5. How to connect to Windows 7 share from Windows 10 1803

How to connect to Windows 7 share from Windows 10 1803: I spent the last couple of days wading through a lot of material on this subject. I finally found the right solution and I thought I would share it so others would not need to go through the hassle of digging through the long complicated threads. The real question is "How...
  6. How do i login to a local PC to share filed in Windows 10

How do i login to a local PC to share filed in Windows 10: I have followed all of the ridiculous instructions and they all stop right before the login part. I can see the PC on the network. I double-click the icon in Windows Explorer and a window asking for username and password appears. It knows that the PC belongs to John for...
  7. Window 10 will not connect to shared local printer on Windows 7

Window 10 will not connect to shared local printer on Windows 7: My home network has two computers, Windows 10 Pro and Windows 7 Pro, shared on a HOMEGROUP. For many months the Win 10 computer has shared a local HP LaserJet printer connected (LPT1) to my Win 7 machine. Recently, after an automated windows update, my Windows 10 will NO...
  8. windows 10, how do I share a printer across multiple networks

windows 10, how do I share a printer across multiple networks: windows 10, how do I share a single printer across multiple networks within my house? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-do-i-share-a-printer-across/1711899f-2586-4700-ae93-33265ace759c
  9. Share a printer from windows 10 to windows 7

Share a printer from windows 10 to windows 7: I am using windows 10 in two computers & other one use windows 7. I have install and use printer on one windows 10 computer and it is shared. I can use these shared printer on other windows 10 computer but can't use it in windows 7 computer. Can i solve this problem....
  10. How many printer can connect windows 10 or windows 7

How many printer can connect windows 10 or windows 7: Hi Microsoft, I have problem about the connect printers. My problem is: - I have 100 printer can connect LAN net word, I want to know the windows 10 or windows 7 can be add printer to all 100 printer? (add printer using TCP/IP address or hostname), - How...