Windows 10: How Do I Control Monitor's Control Panel from W/in Win 10?

Discus and support How Do I Control Monitor's Control Panel from W/in Win 10? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi guys, I got an HP monitor. I was wondering if its possible to control the monitor's control panel, like brightness and other controls from within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by yahanna, Aug 26, 2017.

1. yahanna Win User

How Do I Control Monitor's Control Panel from W/in Win 10?

Hi guys,

I got an HP monitor. I was wondering if its possible to control the monitor's control panel, like brightness and other controls from within Win 10. Let me know.

:)

yahanna, Aug 26, 2017
  2. Control- Win User

windows insider app for wp8.1 not working

but I was using it a week ago

Control-, Aug 26, 2017
  3. How do you find a computer's IP address in Windows 10?

Try pressing Win-x w

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Aug 26, 2017
  4. Dude Win User

You can control settings from your Grapics card as shown here for my Nvidia card.

How Do I Control Monitor's Control Panel from W/in Win 10? [​IMG]

5. If you have a AMD/Radeon card, you can do something similar to the Nvidia settings that Dude mentioned, but it only controls the output of the graphics card. It does not actually control the monitor.

At least mine doesn't.

Gurn Blanston, Aug 26, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    You can if the monitor manufacturer supplies such an Application.
    Dell certainly do (Dell Display Manager). HP appear not to.

Helmut, Aug 27, 2017
  7. sygnus21 Win User
    ^ This.

As noted some monitors (my NEC PA242W does) supply an app that allows it to be controlled through Windows. You'd (the OP) would have to search for your monitor and see if such an app exists.

And while you "could" use your GPU's software, it's limited to what it controls on the monitor and isn't as efficient as the monitor's controls or the supplied app itself. Here's NEC's app...

sygnus21, Aug 27, 2017
  8. CountMike New Member

New-ish AMD GPU drivers can also control monitors separately I have 3 monitors on my Rx 460:

Note the Color tab at each monitor.

CountMike, Aug 27, 2017
  9. sygnus21 Win User
    Those panels control things form the GPU's side, not the monitor side, and are thus subject to inconsistencies from driver changes or monitor changes. There's also the one size fits all rule - if you change the brightness on the GPU than all monitors connected to that GPU will be affected, where as controlling the brightness from one monitor does not affect the others.

Then there's the limited controls those panels have. I can't change the monitor's color scheme - sRGB, RGB, Custom. I can't change the behavior of the monitor's LED light. Can't change USB settings, or any other setting specific to a particular monitor. This is where an app like NEC's Monitor Profiler comes in, and something like that which the OP "may" be looking for. Clarity would help here.

And I have an AMD card, so I'm familiar with the Crimson drivers and it's Radeon control panel thus my statement. I would also argue the same for NVidia.

Personally, I'd never use the GPU's driver to control my color, brightness, contrast. Been there, done that, and got much better results using the monitor's controls. There's also the issue of monitor profiling (Color Management) and a whole different ball park depending on monitor.

sygnus21, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How Do I Control Monitor's Control Panel from W/in Win 10? - Similar Threads - Control Monitor's Control

2. Using Win 11 control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Win 11 control panel: HiI want to adjust the shut down on my laptop and need system settings form control panel, so where to Ineed to after control panel; I'm lookin for 'choose or customize power plan'.Richard....
  3. How do I remove an icon from the control panel??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove an icon from the control panel??: I removed flash player from my systems. However the flash player 32 bit icon remains in the control panel. How do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-an-icon-from-the-control-panel/82a64703-bad6-46b3-9f99-b2da07fa0b3b
  4. Win 10 Sound Control Panel Not Responding

Win 10 Sound Control Panel Not Responding: Hey guys, trying to set up some speakers and Sound Control Panel keeps crashing when I open the recording bar. Any ideas? Cheers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-sound-control-panel-not-responding/50fb89ca-2d04-4d3f-815d-c6732cc13173
  5. How Do I Launch SRS Control Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Do I Launch SRS Control Panel: When I installed a set of new speakers (Creative Pebbles), the SRS Control Panel (see photo) popped up. Now I wish to use it to change settings, but cannot find it in my files or audio settings. How do I access it? Is it possible to create a short cut to it? Windows 10 Pro V...
  6. Control Panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel: I want to uninstall a program/application but control panel says that there is a program currently uninstalling or being changed but I don't see the program and I do not believe I chose one to change in the first place. [ATTACH]...
  7. how do I open Control Panel

how do I open Control Panel: Where is Control Panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-control-panel/57000368-e1aa-43db-94b3-06f0e8ca9bec
  8. win 10 control panel opening by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 control panel opening by itself: I am running win 10 on acer aspire E1-571 , INTEL CORE i7. few months ago control panel started opening by itself ? I ignored it for a while , But it happens when you doing something important and blocks the screen . very annoying . any ideas what could be causing it ....
  9. How do I restore default icons from control panel?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I restore default icons from control panel?: Hello this is my first post I installed a custom icon pack and I didn't like so I decided to uninstall it but after I uninstalled it everything went back to normal except the ones in the control panel (Which I didn't get why) I did had a restore point but that actually didn't...
  10. Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel: I 'upgraded' to Windows 10 yesterday and initially found the control panel but can no longer find it. I very badly want to change my wallpaper and screen saver. Where is it? 26489