Windows 10: How do I convert a contacts.edb file to a CSV file?

Discus and support How do I convert a contacts.edb file to a CSV file? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I convert my Live Mail contacts.edb into a CSV file to import into Windows Mail? My system crashed and I needed to do a system reset which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by raycthree, Nov 19, 2018.

1. raycthree Win User

How do I convert a contacts.edb file to a CSV file?

How do I convert my Live Mail contacts.edb into a CSV file to import into Windows Mail? My system crashed and I needed to do a system reset which reinstalled Windows 10 Pro but deleted all my user loaded applications. The MSN site stated that Windows Live Mail was no longer supported and would not allow me to download it so I am now using Windows Mail but I need to import the 100s of email addresses from the old contacts.edb file.

:)

raycthree, Nov 19, 2018

2. Error Exporting windows contact to vcf file

Hi Kamesh,

I first imported the names and mobile numbers from a CSV file by following the below steps.

1. Search--> Contacts--> Import --> Choose the CSV file; this will convert the CSV file to windows contact format.

2. Contacts-->export--> VCF --> will convert the windows contact to VCF file. This step gives an error message "Error Exporting contacts".

rogerjoseph95, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Convert Contacts file to .VCF

I tried this routine again and apart from being a bit clunky in the process of producing a .csv (Excel) file from my Outlook 2016 contacts it worked very well.

VCF files were produced from Excel and I should be able to load them into other devices.

It would be nice if Microsoft listed the conversion routine so it is more easily found. It does not show up in any help file that I have seen. Microsoft's Windows 10 helper CORTANA doesn't seem to have heard of it.

Perhaps they could refine the clunky csv creation process in the meantime.

Thanks again.

peterpotus, Nov 19, 2018
  4. How do I convert a contacts.edb file to a CSV file?

converting a text file to CSV

This can be done only if Excel is installed on your computer.

1. Open Excel

2. Data tab > Get external data > From Text

3. Now your Text file will be opened in Excel.

4. Save as *.csv

If you don't have Excel

Download free Libre office and use spreadsheet program of that to convert into csv.

E for Excel, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

How do I convert a contacts.edb file to a CSV file?

1. How do I convert a contacts.edb file to a CSV file? - Similar Threads - convert contacts edb

2. Stellar Converter for EDB – Best Software to convert EDB file to PST

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Stellar Converter for EDB – Best Software to convert EDB file to PST: Today, we are going to explore an EDB to PST converter application, called Stellar Converter for EDB. This application promises safe and effective conversion from any EDB file of any version of Exchange Server – from 2007 to 2019, to PST and other formats. The application...
  3. Stellar Converter for EDB – Best Software to convert EDB file to PST

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Stellar Converter for EDB – Best Software to convert EDB file to PST: Today, we are going to explore an EDB to PST converter application, called Stellar Converter for EDB. This application promises safe and effective conversion from any EDB file of any version of Exchange Server – from 2007 to 2019, to PST and other formats. The application...
  4. exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook: I have a dell 15-3567 win 10 OS and Outlook 2019 I am trying to exporting contacts from gmail to a csv file on my desktopwhich I have done sucessfully, then importing the .csv file into outlook. to use in outlook E-mail in Outlook 2019 ,when I choose file, open &...
  5. how to import contact csv file into live mail

how to import contact csv file into live mail: How do I import contacts csv file into Windows Live Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-contact-csv-file-into-live-mail/f0dd966c-0a74-4a2a-b564-8d96d1424568
  6. How do I convert .contact files to .vcf files in Windows 10?

How do I convert .contact files to .vcf files in Windows 10?: All my address files have .contact filename extensions. How do I change these so I can import them to Outlook as .vcf files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-convert-contact-files-to-vcf-files-in/bdf2e80a-3e9b-46f5-8618-cc5a3c1e661a"
  7. How can I convert a .csv file to a .pdf file format???

How can I convert a .csv file to a .pdf file format???: I just downloaded a bunch of files that I wanted to print, buy they are in .csv file format. WTH? How do I convert this file format into a .pdf file format without having to pay for it. Ridiculous! Can anyone help me with this frustration please???...
  8. I canot create a CSV file out of contacts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I canot create a CSV file out of contacts?: I am try to transfer contacts from Windows phone to android via outlook - but I am struggle to create a CSV file out of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/i-canot-create-a-csv-file-out-of-contacts/e42bd4ed-5e52-4bc0-b9d8-67ce2406365f
  9. How do I export AOL contacts to a CSV file?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I export AOL contacts to a CSV file?: A friend of mine is wanting to change from AOL to Gmail. He has more than 100 contacts and of course doesn't want to retype each one. I can't find export on my friend's AOL mail account. I've posted this question using a Google search and there are several responses and even...
  10. Convert Contacts file to .VCF

in Windows 10 Support
    Convert Contacts file to .VCF: Windows 10 has a routine to make this conversion but it does not appear to work. With thanks to Claesoc's post on 5 November 2013 *sarc[/i] then 2. Import csv 3. Export to vcf 4. Enjoy This same routine comes up in Windows 10 but it doesn't work for me and Outlook...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps to open and view .edb contacts file and convert to csv

2. contacts.edb converter vcf

3. windows live mail how to import contact edb file

4. ebd to csv,
  5. convert a contacts.edb file,
  6. how to convert a windows live mail contacts to a csv file,
  7. convert .contact files to csv in windows 10,
  8. where is the contacts.edb file in windows 10?,
  9. converting contacts.edb to csv,
  10. konwersja edb do csv,
  11. contacts.edb to csv,