Windows 10: How do I convert an NTFS external HDD to exFAT without formatting

Discus and support How do I convert an NTFS external HDD to exFAT without formatting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Pretty self explanatory. I want to use my external HDD on more devices, like Macs, but I know OSX or Ubuntu Linux can't read or write to NTFS drives.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rednax35, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Rednax35 Win User

How do I convert an NTFS external HDD to exFAT without formatting

Pretty self explanatory. I want to use my external HDD on more devices, like Macs, but I know OSX or Ubuntu Linux can't read or write to NTFS drives.

I just want to know if it's possible to convert it from NTFS to exFAT without formatting the thing, and if it is I want to know how.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Rednax35, Mar 28, 2019

2. how til convert 64 GB USB stick fra format exFAT to NTFS

how til convert 64 GB USB stick fra format exFAT to NTFS

Joernolejensen, Mar 28, 2019
  3. exFAT Format with Windows 10

I can not format my external HDD from NTFS to exFAT on windows 10. All my drivers are updated and every time I start format it fails instantly. Anybody have any suggestions or know how to fix this? I was trying to use it for my ps4 so I can back up games
    and save data but I cant do that without it being in exFAT format. Please help?

Edit: I got it to work finally. I had to do it on a mac and it worked instantly.

Brandon94_868, Mar 28, 2019
  4. How do I convert an NTFS external HDD to exFAT without formatting

Formating to exFAT

Hi Taylor,

If you want to format an external hard drive or USB flash drive in exFAT, you can follow these steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + x on your keyboard. This open the context menu.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type format g: /FS:exFAT and then Enter to begin formatting the G drive as exFAT
    For any query, feel free to reach us.

Marque Lor, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

How do I convert an NTFS external HDD to exFAT without formatting

1. How do I convert an NTFS external HDD to exFAT without formatting - Similar Threads - convert NTFS external

2. External hard drive won't appear after formating from exFAT to NTFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive won't appear after formating from exFAT to NTFS: I formated my external HDD to NTFS to be able to install games on it but now it won't appear in my folders, got any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-wont-appear-after-formating/37698120-4618-46a0-bec9-fa450a414280
  3. External hard drive won't appear after formating from exFAT to NTFS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard drive won't appear after formating from exFAT to NTFS: I formated my external HDD to NTFS to be able to install games on it but now it won't appear in my folders, got any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-wont-appear-after-formating/37698120-4618-46a0-bec9-fa450a414280
  4. Need to Convert APFS hdd to ExFat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Convert APFS hdd to ExFat: I have a USB hard drive formatted with the mac file system APFS. I have a Microsoft Surface running Windows 10 Home and I need to be able to read this hard drive. Is there a utility that I can install so I can convert APFS to Ex Fat?...
  5. Need to Convert APFS hdd to ExFat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to Convert APFS hdd to ExFat: I have a USB hard drive formatted with the mac file system APFS. I have a Microsoft Surface running Windows 10 Home and I need to be able to read this hard drive. Is there a utility that I can install so I can convert APFS to Ex Fat?...
  6. Need to Convert APFS hdd to ExFat

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Can I change it to exfat without formatting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I change it to exfat without formatting?: So I have a 2tb external hard drive. It's formatted in fat 32 but I want it to be exfat. To do so I would have to format it to exfat. But the problem is I have no other hard drive to back up all my flies. So I was wondering if there's a way I can change my hard drive to exfat...
  8. Overwrite exFAT format of 8TB external drive with NTFS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Overwrite exFAT format of 8TB external drive with NTFS?: I have an external WD 8TB My Book: My Book - External Hard Drive | Western Digital (WD) It is formated in exFat. Could I do a quick format with NTFS? Would this cause any drawbacks? 94361
  9. Converting RAW external HDD to NTFS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Converting RAW external HDD to NTFS?: My toshiba 1tb external hard drive currently says it is a raw file system and i cant seem to format it no matter what i do. I dont care for what is inside (only one word file) but i just want to be able to use it again. Is there anyway i can format the HDD and make it usable...
  10. NTFS vs. ExFAT for external SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    NTFS vs. ExFAT for external SSD: Hi, I have a new SSD Drive (128GB) and I was experiencing some poor performance. I read in another older thread about it and I want to post here my findings. Windows has a very good utility to check performance of Drives : Elevated Comand Prompt > Winsat Disk -Drive X (X...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hiw to convert hard drive into ntfs from ex fat without formatting

2. convert ntfs to exfat

3. how to turn hdd to exfat without formatting

4. how to change fro ntfs to exfat without formatting,
  5. change hdd ntfs to exfat,
  6. change hard drive to exfat without format,
  7. windows change ntfs to exfat without formating,
  8. change ntfs to exfat