Windows 10: How do I convert back to a local account?

Discus and support How do I convert back to a local account? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, So, not sure what it is that I did but something to do with one of the Microsoft services had me sign in using my email and password to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Traijan, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Traijan Win User

How do I convert back to a local account?

Hey,

So, not sure what it is that I did but something to do with one of the Microsoft services had me sign in using my email and password to the live Microsoft stuff (might have been trying to play solitaire).

Now when I boot up my desktop, it's always asking me for my password which I don't want to deal with as it's quite the extreme password. I think prior to signing in on Solitaire Win 10 never asked me for a password as it was being used local account.

How do I switch it back to being a local account so that I don't have to sign in to my desktop every time that I start it up.

Thanks

:)

Traijan, Aug 3, 2015

2. How do I Convert Windows 10.1 back to Windows 7?

I too am trying to revert back to Windows 7 from 10. I used the Notification Center>All Settings>Update & Security> Recovery. That was more than 2 hours ago & it still has a blue screen that says "restarting". How long does it take?

ConnieSell, Aug 3, 2015
  3. How do I Convert Windows 10.1 back to Windows 7?

This has been posted almost DAILY here - a search would have found:

Notification Center>All Settings>Update and Security>Recovery

If you've had Windows 10 for more than 30 days then the option to roll back won't be there - you'll have to use either a disk image or your Recovery media or the original install media.

Gordon B-P, Aug 3, 2015
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

Settings->Accounts->Your Account

Thema:

1. How do I convert back to a local account? - Similar Threads - convert local account

2. Convert local account to microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Convert local account to microsoft account: When I installed windows I couldn't get online, so I created a local account. Now that I am online, I want to convert it into my Microsoft account but there is no option in account settings to switch to or from a local account, which is what every since guide is telling me I...
  3. Convert local account to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert local account to microsoft account: When I installed windows I couldn't get online, so I created a local account. Now that I am online, I want to convert it into my Microsoft account but there is no option in account settings to switch to or from a local account, which is what every since guide is telling me I...
  4. Convert local account to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Convert a Microsoft account to a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert a Microsoft account to a local account: I had a local account on my PC that has been changed to a Microsoft account ever since I signed into the Microsoft Store app. I would like to change my account back to a local account. I don't want to create a new local account because then I'll have to re-install a lot of...
  6. Convert a Microsoft account to a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert a Microsoft account to a local account: I had a local account on my PC that has been changed to a Microsoft account ever since I signed into the Microsoft Store app. I would like to change my account back to a local account. I don't want to create a new local account because then I'll have to re-install a lot of...
  7. How to convert local account to Microsoft account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to convert local account to Microsoft account?: I want to convert a local account on my PC running Windows 10 Home to Microsoft account. The system is always asking me to enter the password though I have entered my e-mail and Microsoft password. I entered the Microsoft password for the second time but The password you...
  8. Local account converted to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local account converted to Microsoft account: I just signed up for office 365 family. the PC was set up with a local account which I used to sign on. Say user name is guest and password is ######. I opened I opened office.com sign in and started using office apps. Now my local logon is attached to my Microsoft...
  9. Converted local account to microsoft - can I convert it back?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Converted local account to microsoft - can I convert it back?: I somehow converted my local administrator account to microsoft account. Now it doesn't give me an option to disconnect it and revert back to local account. It makes me sign in with my email password instead, and my file sharing across my network is now broken. I can no...
  10. How do I get back to local account

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get back to local account: I'm a little confused here(which in not too unusual for me). I think that I somehow got the MS account and had to change my password. How do I get back to local account. 3122