How do I convert back to a local account?

Discus and support How do I convert back to a local account? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, So, not sure what it is that I did but something to do with one of the Microsoft services had me sign in using my email and password to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Traijan, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Traijan Win User

Hey,

So, not sure what it is that I did but something to do with one of the Microsoft services had me sign in using my email and password to the live Microsoft stuff (might have been trying to play solitaire).

Now when I boot up my desktop, it's always asking me for my password which I don't want to deal with as it's quite the extreme password. I think prior to signing in on Solitaire Win 10 never asked me for a password as it was being used local account.

How do I switch it back to being a local account so that I don't have to sign in to my desktop every time that I start it up.

Thanks

:)

Traijan, Aug 3, 2015
  2. ConnieSell Win User

How do I Convert Windows 10.1 back to Windows 7?

I too am trying to revert back to Windows 7 from 10. I used the Notification Center>All Settings>Update & Security> Recovery. That was more than 2 hours ago & it still has a blue screen that says "restarting". How long does it take?

ConnieSell, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Gordon B-P Win User
    How do I Convert Windows 10.1 back to Windows 7?

This has been posted almost DAILY here - a search would have found:

Notification Center>All Settings>Update and Security>Recovery

If you've had Windows 10 for more than 30 days then the option to roll back won't be there - you'll have to use either a disk image or your Recovery media or the original install media.

Gordon B-P, Aug 3, 2015
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

Settings->Accounts->Your Account

Thema:

1. How do I convert back to a local account? - Similar Threads - convert local account

2. i want to add a new user for my kids in the Pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to add a new user for my kids in the Pc: hello guys i want to create a new user for my kids https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/i-want-to-add-a-new-user-for-my-kids-in-the-pc/49651e3b-78c9-4351-8a2e-2abb8ec0e92a
  3. How to rename the default folder "3D Objects" to "Work"?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to rename the default folder "3D Objects" to "Work"?: Hi, I am not a graphics expert or have nothing to do with 3D modelling and hence have no use for the folder name "3D objects". I would rather rename it to something useful like "Work" please can you assist me in this? I followed these steps:...
  4. I get random blue screens all the time the included solution does not work!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I get random blue screens all the time the included solution does not work!: I get random blue screens with a crash code bad_pool_caller. I checked the Microsoft Support website but the included solution does not help (check if all of your drivers are updated) they werent but I updated them and its still happening I tried some other things for example...
  5. I cant play my steam games anymore!!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant play my steam games anymore!!!!!: I am sick of trying to fix this stupid error. I was able to play games on this laptop before but now when i go on steam and try to play them it gives me this error. [ATTACH] I have tried to "Instal Dierct X again. Checked DxDiag, and checked if my drivers up to date"....
  6. Like to Create data backups From CMD command can i ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Like to Create data backups From CMD command can i ?: Like to Create Full backups From CMD command can i ? 115978
  7. How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.: I have a Toshiba Satellite s55 and a dell monitor. Can get home screen on monitor but if I choose 2 as the monitor I can't get the mouse to come back to my laptop....
  8. I have Windows 10 Software. Does USB 3.0 work?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have Windows 10 Software. Does USB 3.0 work?: Does Windows 10 support USB 3.0? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-have-windows-10-software-does-usb-30-work/f599120f-a2b2-4c32-8b92-0f1bc6b889e0
  9. How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10

How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10: I have POS printer installed in my system. I defined a Custom Receipt Paper size in Printer server properties, which is not listing in my printers paper size and the same i need to set it as my default paper Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Social...
  10. Why do I see this at every boot on the desktop?

Why do I see this at every boot on the desktop?: I am the admin...no kids in the house...yet I see this annoying window at each start...10PRO 64bit [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/why-do-i-see-this-at-every-boot-on-the-desktop/b83e01a9-84fa-4fed-80ae-f1383265e609