How do I convert back to a local account?

Discus and support How do I convert back to a local account? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hey, So, not sure what it is that I did but something to do with one of the Microsoft services had me sign in using my email and password to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Traijan, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Traijan Win User

Hey,

So, not sure what it is that I did but something to do with one of the Microsoft services had me sign in using my email and password to the live Microsoft stuff (might have been trying to play solitaire).

Now when I boot up my desktop, it's always asking me for my password which I don't want to deal with as it's quite the extreme password. I think prior to signing in on Solitaire Win 10 never asked me for a password as it was being used local account.

How do I switch it back to being a local account so that I don't have to sign in to my desktop every time that I start it up.

Thanks

:)

Traijan, Aug 4, 2015
  2. ConnieSell Win User

How do I Convert Windows 10.1 back to Windows 7?

I too am trying to revert back to Windows 7 from 10. I used the Notification Center>All Settings>Update & Security> Recovery. That was more than 2 hours ago & it still has a blue screen that says "restarting". How long does it take?

ConnieSell, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Gordon B-P Win User
    How do I Convert Windows 10.1 back to Windows 7?

This has been posted almost DAILY here - a search would have found:

Notification Center>All Settings>Update and Security>Recovery

If you've had Windows 10 for more than 30 days then the option to roll back won't be there - you'll have to use either a disk image or your Recovery media or the original install media.

Gordon B-P, Aug 4, 2015
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

Settings->Accounts->Your Account

Thema:

How do I convert back to a local account? - Similar Threads - convert local account

1. Unable to convert to local account | Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to convert to local account | Windows 10 Enterprise: Greetings, I am running Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.483 and I'm having trouble converting my MS connected account to a local one, since the button to do so simply isn't there. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet The computer is not...
  2. Microsoft account has not been converted to the local account...

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft account has not been converted to the local account...: After a normal reboot i have this problem. I want to switch to local account from Microsoft account, but when i try to switch i receive this alert: Windows 10 has an error your microsoft account has not been converted to the local account error 0x80004005 Can you help...
  3. Convert online Microsoft Azure account to local account?

in Windows 10 Support
    Convert online Microsoft Azure account to local account?: I set my desktop user account up accidentally using my Microsoft Azure AD account. I want to change it to a local account without losing my settings. Can this be done? 105466
  4. local account converted to Microsoft acct., is there a way to reverse?

in Windows 10 Support
    local account converted to Microsoft acct., is there a way to reverse?: my local admin account was converted into a Microsoft account , is there a way of reverse it ? Less than one month ago Windows 10 Pro was installed. Let me explain you that there was already a windows 8 installation with kernel corrupted , version 10 recovered all exactly as...
  5. Converted local account to microsoft - can I convert it back?

in Windows 10 Support
    Converted local account to microsoft - can I convert it back?: I somehow converted my local administrator account to microsoft account. Now it doesn't give me an option to disconnect it and revert back to local account. It makes me sign in with my email password instead, and my file sharing across my network is now broken. I can no...
  6. Side effects/questions converting an MS account to a local account?

in Windows 10 Support
    Side effects/questions converting an MS account to a local account?: I have had some annoying MS account related issues on our new laptop (whilst our desktop works fine with our family accounts). See User account and family issues. It's made me consider on the laptop to convert my main administrator MS account login to a local account and...
  7. Converting to IPV6 - how do I set up Local LAN addresses

in Windows 10 Support
    Converting to IPV6 - how do I set up Local LAN addresses: Hi there ISP is migrating to IPV6 shortly. I'm going to bite the bullet and try to convert LAN adresses to IPV6 -- not sure how to do this Google isn't totally helpful on this either. I believe for the switch over period one can use something like a NAT64 gateway for...
How do I convert back to a local account? solved