Windows 10: How do I convert back to a local account?

Discus and support How do I convert back to a local account? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, So, not sure what it is that I did but something to do with one of the Microsoft services had me sign in using my email and password to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Traijan, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Traijan Win User

How do I convert back to a local account?

Hey,

So, not sure what it is that I did but something to do with one of the Microsoft services had me sign in using my email and password to the live Microsoft stuff (might have been trying to play solitaire).

Now when I boot up my desktop, it's always asking me for my password which I don't want to deal with as it's quite the extreme password. I think prior to signing in on Solitaire Win 10 never asked me for a password as it was being used local account.

How do I switch it back to being a local account so that I don't have to sign in to my desktop every time that I start it up.

Thanks

:)

Traijan, Aug 3, 2015

2. How do I Convert Windows 10.1 back to Windows 7?

I too am trying to revert back to Windows 7 from 10. I used the Notification Center>All Settings>Update & Security> Recovery. That was more than 2 hours ago & it still has a blue screen that says "restarting". How long does it take?

ConnieSell, Aug 3, 2015
  3. How do I Convert Windows 10.1 back to Windows 7?

This has been posted almost DAILY here - a search would have found:

Notification Center>All Settings>Update and Security>Recovery

If you've had Windows 10 for more than 30 days then the option to roll back won't be there - you'll have to use either a disk image or your Recovery media or the original install media.

Gordon B-P, Aug 3, 2015
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

Settings->Accounts->Your Account

Thema:

1. How do I convert back to a local account? - Similar Threads - convert local account

2. Convert Local User Account to Family Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Convert Local User Account to Family Account: My son has a local account on his Windows 10 Pro computer with all sorts of customizations that he likes in place. I need to convert that account to a CHILD family account. I was able to change my administrative account to my ADULT family account but when I try to do the...
  3. Local Account Convert to administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Account Convert to administrator: my laptop was newly by and I change my account to local account from administrator then now my administrator was hidden I try several method of change CMD or Local user and Group etc all time it’s not allow to access and it shown below Massage I want to back may same...
  4. How do I convert a document back to Excel from notepad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I convert a document back to Excel from notepad: I have inadvertently saved an Excel spreadsheet in Notepad how do I get it back to Excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-convert-a-document-back-to-excel-from/bec93233-f220-453d-a4bc-b801689399cd
  5. Convert online Microsoft Azure account to local account?

Convert online Microsoft Azure account to local account?: I set my desktop user account up accidentally using my Microsoft Azure AD account. I want to change it to a local account without losing my settings. Can this be done? 105466
  6. How do I change a local user account password?

How do I change a local user account password?: I don't know why this is so difficult, Win 10 really screwed things up coming from Seven. Seems they changed a lot of things just for the sake of changing them. I shouldn't have to use a search engine or a forum to answer this question. I am logged in under the...
  7. Converted local account to microsoft - can I convert it back?

Converted local account to microsoft - can I convert it back?: I somehow converted my local administrator account to microsoft account. Now it doesn't give me an option to disconnect it and revert back to local account. It makes me sign in with my email password instead, and my file sharing across my network is now broken. I can no...
  8. How to revert account back to local

How to revert account back to local: I've downloaed an app from the store and this made my local account to be authenticated against my Microsoft-account. How can I revert back the account to be a local account? Thanks in advance Olli 11266
  9. Converting to IPV6 - how do I set up Local LAN addresses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting to IPV6 - how do I set up Local LAN addresses: Hi there ISP is migrating to IPV6 shortly. I'm going to bite the bullet and try to convert LAN adresses to IPV6 -- not sure how to do this Google isn't totally helpful on this either. I believe for the switch over period one can use something like a NAT64 gateway for...
  10. How do I get back to local account

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get back to local account: I'm a little confused here(which in not too unusual for me). I think that I somehow got the MS account and had to change my password. How do I get back to local account. 3122