Windows 10: How do I convert ESD USB back to Hard Drive Seagate and Recover my LOST files?

Discus and support How do I convert ESD USB back to Hard Drive Seagate and Recover my LOST files? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! Im really noob at computers and I need some Expert' help. I am planning ro Fully Reformat my computee because it is getting REALLY REALLY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NealNealNealNeal, Jul 25, 2020.

1. How do I convert ESD USB back to Hard Drive Seagate and Recover my LOST files?

Hello! Im really noob at computers and I need some Expert' help.

I am planning ro Fully Reformat my computee because it is getting REALLY REALLY SLOW. So, I downloaded a Windows 10 OS at the official Microsoft Website.

I didn't really payed attentions on the warnings and Stuffs and I agreed everything. Checking back, I saw my Hard Drived changed into "ESD - USB". I really panicked because this is my Dad's hard drive and almost all our vintagr pictures are in here. So I searched some articles on internet saying check at the "Disk Management" panel. I clicked and surprisingly, I saw this Black Colored Tab saying "Unallocated" with 437 GB In Space! They said this can be recovered but everything is Expensive!

Is there a way to recover my files for free? If so please help. Thank you so so so much in advance! Getting nervous because my dad don't know yet! Hihi.

:)

NealNealNealNeal, Jul 25, 2020

2. External hard drive changed to esd-usb

While performing window media creation I have converted my external hard drive as bootable usb device (esd-usb). I couldn't recover my files in the hard drive . Need help

Vigneshkumar03, Jul 25, 2020
  3. How To Undo "ESD-USB" And Recover the lost folder structure and the lost files in the portable hard drive?

Hello ESD-USB,

Most likely your files on your portable drive is overwritten or deleted. In this case, you may consider to try using a third-party recovery program or go to a nearest local computer technician who can perform a recovery of your deleted files from your portable
    hard drive. Also, I was able to find threads similar to your concern. Kindly refer to the links below:

Accidentally Converted External Hard Drive to "ESD-USB"

How To Undo "ESD-USB" And Recover Files?

Revert esd-usb

Note: Using a third-party software is completely at your own risk.
    Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved.

Let me know if you have other concerns.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 25, 2020
  4. How do I convert ESD USB back to Hard Drive Seagate and Recover my LOST files?

How do I revert an external hard drive after converting to ESD-USB?

I used my 500 GB external hard drive to externally install Windows on a computer. I didn't know that would reformat all my files on the hard drive and make them disappear.

Using EaseUS Data Recovery, I got my files back and they are safety saved.

However, my external hard drive is still trapped in ESD-USB mode. And for some reason, it says that there is only 31.9 GB of free space, even though it's a 500 GB device. I even tried to reformat back to "default" through properties, which cleared all the
    data on the hard drive, but it still says there is only 31.9 GB of free space.

How do I get my hard drive back to normal?

MattFaherty1, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

How do I convert ESD USB back to Hard Drive Seagate and Recover my LOST files?

1. How do I convert ESD USB back to Hard Drive Seagate and Recover my LOST files? - Similar Threads - convert ESD USB

2. How to recover my files on old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover my files on old hard drive?: I installed a new SSd drive but left the original one in to use also. The original one has Windows 7. I installed Windows 10 on the SSD drive and had selected new install and the correct drive. After installing I can't get any of my files off the second drive. It seems like...
  3. How To Undo "ESD-USB" And Recover the lost folder structure and the lost files in the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Undo "ESD-USB" And Recover the lost folder structure and the lost files in the...: I would like to reinstall my desktop computer, so I downloaded the windows 10 Media Creation Tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and then selected my 1TB portable hard drive 1TB Seagate BUP SLim Backup SCSI Disk Device to save it when it asked...
  4. Seagate Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate Hard Drive: Hello, I recently fully removed all the files from a 2tb seagate external hard drive. I then realized that there were no basic files in the drive program files, program files 86x, etc to download to. I now cannot download anything I am trying to download Steam currently to my...
  5. how do i exchange one seagate external hard drive for another seagate external hard drive...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i exchange one seagate external hard drive for another seagate external hard drive...: Every time I try to do it, it keeps giving me error messages like Those files are open in another system. or if I try to remove the old Seagate so I can attach a new one it says error. I just want to put the new one on and tell it to receive the backup files....
  6. Formatted my portable hard drive into a ESD-USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formatted my portable hard drive into a ESD-USB: Hi, I was using windows media creation tool and I didn't expect it to overwrite my entire hard drive. I've tried using recuva but it just spits out a mess of files. Is it possible to undo what the creation tool did or at the very least recover some of the folder structure?...
  7. How do I revert an external hard drive after converting to ESD-USB?

How do I revert an external hard drive after converting to ESD-USB?: I used my 500 GB external hard drive to externally install Windows on a computer. I didn't know that would reformat all my files on the hard drive and make them disappear. Using EaseUS Data Recovery, I got my files back and they are safety saved. However, my external...
  8. how can I recover my files on usb drive as I have lost my password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how can I recover my files on usb drive as I have lost my password: how can I recover my files on my usb drive as I have lost my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-recover-my-files-on-usb-drive-as-i-have/e47bea96-2c57-4e87-b83a-b3db4e2a72ea
  9. How To Undo "ESD-USB" And Recover the lost folder structure and the lost files in the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How To Undo "ESD-USB" And Recover the lost folder structure and the lost files in the...: I would like to reinstall my desktop computer, so I downloaded the windows 10 Media Creation Tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10) and then selected my 1TB portable hard drive (1TB Seagate BUP SLim Backup SCSI Disk Device) to save it when it...
  10. Lost access to Seagate external usb drive

Lost access to Seagate external usb drive: Went through my worst week ever with Windows since I built my 1st PC in the Win 3.11 days. For a week almost I was restoring and re-restoring various Win 10 Acronis tibs because my system kept locking up with the little circle spinning at start up or shut down...pretty much...