Windows 10: How do I convince Windows 10 that a vEthernet adapter is on the private network?

Discus and support How do I convince Windows 10 that a vEthernet adapter is on the private network? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am using WSL2 on Windows 10 and would like to run an X Server like X410. I've installed X410, but all connections to any WSL2 x clients like xeyes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jpflathead, May 4, 2020.

1. How do I convince Windows 10 that a vEthernet adapter is on the private network?

I am using WSL2 on Windows 10 and would like to run an X Server like X410. I've installed X410, but all connections to any WSL2 x clients like xeyes, xclock, xterm are blocked until I tunnel X410 connections on the public network.

But in general, I don't want X410 to be able to connect on public networks!

How do I convince Windows 10 that the vEthernet (WSL) adapter it created is really in the private network, same as it's WI-FI network?

https://i.imgur.com/7lmMrR4.png

submitted by /u/jpflathead
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jpflathead, May 4, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

Duplicate vEthernet Switch Adapters?

I have two instances of a vEthernet Switch Adapter after installing a VM in Hyper V. I only have the default switch installed in Hyper V. How do I remove the greyed out adapter? Right clicking does not allow me to delete anything

How do I convince Windows 10 that a vEthernet adapter is on the private network? [​IMG]

Steve C, May 4, 2020
  3. icelava Win User
    Changing network profile for Hyper-V virtual internal ethernet adapter

My Windows 10 operates Hyper-V and defines multiple virtual network adapters. For the host OS, the virtual adapter for external connection (vEthernet (External)) to the router can be categorised as private network.

How do I convince Windows 10 that a vEthernet adapter is on the private network? ecbb7a06-2f12-453f-b408-4360b0cb9f9b?upload=true.jpg

However, the virtual adapter (vEthernet (Internal)) that I use as an internal network to communicate with guest VMs, I cannot find any way to change its profile to private. Where is the UI or command line or possibly Registry path I need to hack to change
    this?

icelava, May 4, 2020
  4. How do I convince Windows 10 that a vEthernet adapter is on the private network?

Error: "Can create home group in private network only" - the wireless network is private though

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about connecting to HomeGroup network with error: Can create home group in private network only, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that this issue might have occurred due to settings in the Network type on Windows 10.

Step 1: I suggest you to check with the network type on Windows 10, try the below:

Right click on the Network icon in the System tray
    and click on Open Network and Sharing Center.

Here you will see the network you are connected to and what type of network Windows 10 has identified it as. (Private/ Public).

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to change the network type to Private if it is not and check if it helps.

• Log-in as an Administrator, on the desktop, click on the Network system icon in the taskbar notification area.
    • Right click on your network connection and click on
      Turn sharing on or off
    • Click on Yes, turn on sharing and connect to devices.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt and check if it helps.

For reference: HomeGroup problems in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 4, 2020
Thema:

How do I convince Windows 10 that a vEthernet adapter is on the private network?

1. How do I convince Windows 10 that a vEthernet adapter is on the private network? - Similar Threads - convince vEthernet adapter

2. Need help to remove an unwanted network adapter. vEthernet MEmuSwitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help to remove an unwanted network adapter. vEthernet MEmuSwitch: Hi, I recently noticed in my task manager that there is another extra network adapter named vEthernet present. image belowAlthough I don't use ethernet, this seemed unusual, so I took a look at my network adapter settings, but did not find the extra adapter mentioned. image...
  3. Windows 10 private network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 private network: i have three computers. They all see each other on Windows Explorer. Computers A and B can access each other. Computers B and C can access each other. Computer A can access Computer C but C can't access computer A. This is the real problem because the printer is connected to...
  4. Windows 10 private network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 private network: i have three computers. They all see each other on Windows Explorer. Computers A and B can access each other. Computers B and C can access each other. Computer A can access Computer C but C can't access computer A. This is the real problem because the printer is connected to...
  5. Windows 10 private network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How do I reinstall network adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall network adapter?: So I was having issues connecting my computer to my home wifi I was having issues with DNS and getaway, I was told I can uninstall the network adapter and reinstall it, but it wasn’t appearing anywhere. I’ve tried resetting the pc, doing network reset, doing the trouble shoot...
  7. How do I reinstall network adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reinstall network adapter?: So I was having issues connecting my computer to my home wifi I was having issues with DNS and getaway, I was told I can uninstall the network adapter and reinstall it, but it wasn’t appearing anywhere. I’ve tried resetting the pc, doing network reset, doing the trouble shoot...
  8. How do I reinstall network adapter?

9. Windows 10 Private Network

Windows 10 Private Network: How do I make my Windows 10 computer visible to other computers on my home network ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-private-network/e56997e6-c426-4545-af88-4d6ab446bce3
  10. Duplicate vEthernet Switch Adapters?

Duplicate vEthernet Switch Adapters?: I have two instances of a vEthernet Switch Adapter after installing a VM in Hyper V. I only have the default switch installed in Hyper V. How do I remove the greyed out adapter? Right clicking does not allow me to delete anything [img] 134900