Windows 10: How do I copy a archive data DVD to a blank DVD

Discus and support How do I copy a archive data DVD to a blank DVD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a recently created archive data disk (dvd) that I would like to copy. I seem to recall that there once was a function called "diskcopy" that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Peppercorn71, Nov 22, 2018.

1. How do I copy a archive data DVD to a blank DVD

I have a recently created archive data disk (dvd) that I would like to copy.

I seem to recall that there once was a function called "diskcopy" that would allow you to copy a disk with a single drive. It could involve a fair amount of disk swapping (which is ok by me), but I am not able to find similar functionality in Windows 10 (64 bit).

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this today without having to purchase third-party software or a new disk drive?

:)

Peppercorn71, Nov 22, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

DVD copy

Hello,

Thank you for replying back with the status of this issue.

I would suggest you to copy the movie files from your DVD on your computer hard disk by opening the drive in the computer. You may follow the steps below -

• Insert the DVD in the CD\DVD drive.
    • Open computer, click on DVD drive, and Select the files you want to copy. To select all files, press Ctrl and A keys together, to select files randomly press Ctrl and left mouse click on the file.
    • Right click on the selected files, click on copy.
    • Select the location where you want to save those files, right click and paste it.
    Then you may insert the blank DVD and burn the disk using the Windows DVD Maker. You may refer to the below link for assistance in burning the DVD and other details -

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows DVD Maker -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/burn-cd-dvd-media-player#1TC=windows-10

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Arul_D, Nov 22, 2018
  3. JimWynne Win User
    specific steps to copy a DVD

If the DVD to be copied contains only data, as opposed to a commercial DVD, the data can be copied to the hard drive and then to a blank DVD.

JimWynne, Nov 22, 2018
  4. DonWiest Win User

How do I copy a archive data DVD to a blank DVD

specific steps to copy a DVD

I am trying to copy a DVD to a blank DVD. I need to know how to do that step-by-step with an explanation of each step.

DonWiest, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

How do I copy a archive data DVD to a blank DVD

1. How do I copy a archive data DVD to a blank DVD - Similar Threads - copy archive data

2. How To Copy Internet Video To DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Copy Internet Video To DVD: Is there a way to copy a video from the internet to a DVD connected to my desktop I am using MS Edge to watch the video on the internet ? This is a documentary video that is about 90 minutes long and I would like to use it on my DVD player that is connected to my TV, so I can...
  3. DVD player will not recognize my blank DVD's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD player will not recognize my blank DVD's: I have an HP CDDVDW SH-216ALN When I insert a blank DVD-RW, DVD+RW or DVD-R File Explorer says that there is no disc in the drive. However it will read a CD and a commercial DVD The discs are not faulty since they are all read in my husband's computer without any...
  4. Do I need to copy desktop.ini when copy dvd?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need to copy desktop.ini when copy dvd?: I am making backup of my software installation dvd by selecting all files in the dvd and copy and paste into my computer hard disk. Doing this so that I will have the software even if the dvd corrupt or I lose the dvd in future. When I open the dvd, there are software files...
  5. DVD copying software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD copying software: Until recently I have been using the free version of WinXDVD to copy MP4 DVDs to my HDD. I had a small problem with one DVD and contacted the company and they recommended installing the latest trial version. What they did not tell me is that the new version has a 5 minute...
  6. how do i copy a dvd movie thats copyrighted ?

how do i copy a dvd movie thats copyrighted ?: Hi im wanting to make back ups of my dvd films that are probably copyrighted so they can play in all dvd players for tv etc ? do we still have to do all that image burning carry on? i have nero portable and running windows 10 64 bit with dvd rw drive. thanks alot in advance...
  7. Copying DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying DVD: I have a home DVD that is over 2 hours long. I would like to copy and burn a DVD with only a 1 hour section of it. What is the best way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-dvd/e2d0225a-0262-4fb5-812e-f66ed3e30ea5"
  8. DVD copy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD copy: How do I copy an unprotected DVD to my hard drive using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-copy/595feffd-e727-42f9-8dd7-d232f529d688
  9. copying a movie dvd

copying a movie dvd: I am trying to copy a movie on a dvd onto a cd using windows media player. I only have one dvd/cd drive on my computer. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/copying-a-movie-dvd/feb29d92-38b5-43f3-9827-f1262acefa25
  10. Copying a DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying a DVD: Please help with how I can copy a DVD. I don't have any software that I can find on my system. Does anything come packaged with Windows 10? 45766