Windows 10: How do I copy a disk without Disk Copy? [Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.662]

Discus and support How do I copy a disk without Disk Copy? [Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.662] in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop has a pitifully small 256Gb SSD. so I purchased a Seagate Expansion drive to store stuff on instead. It was fast and great, until it suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cybot, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Cybot Win User

How do I copy a disk without Disk Copy? [Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.662]

My laptop has a pitifully small 256Gb SSD. so I purchased a Seagate Expansion drive to store stuff on instead. It was fast and great, until it suddenly suffered a mechanical failure causing me to lose 3.5Tb of data. Turns out that Seagate has been using drives prone too failure in their Seagate Expansion Portable line. I purchased two WD drives as replacement. One for use, and one for a backup of the first drive. I have data already on the first drive, and I was preparing to transfer a copy to the second, when I discovered that Windows 10 no longer has a Disk Copy function. This is obviously a setback for me. Ideally, I would have setup the drives as a Raid 1 Mirror, but you can't do that with external USB drives as far as I know. how should I create a copy of the drive without access to disk copy? I would prefer to use windows built it functions instead of some third party cloning software, as the second drive will be occasionally updated to keep its data matching the first USB drive. Windows Backup is also out, as I need the drive to function like a regular drive in the event the other drive suffers from a failure. I tried using Copy/Paste on the two drives from My PC in explorer, but it only created a blank folder on the second drive with the name of the first drive's label. even though windows acted like it would copy the files over, no files were ever copied. I am kind of stumped here. suggestions would be helpful, as this is my first time with such a setup.

:)

Cybot, Dec 5, 2020

2. Can i make a windows install disk out of a installed copy of windows?

is there any way i can make a windows install disk out of a installed copy of windows?

Live OR Die, Dec 5, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Pinchy Win User

XP disk versus Laptop Recovery Disk?

Recovery disks are just OEM copies of XP disks. Ie, they can have things such as the companys logo within the files.

If you got a normal XP disk you cant use it. The only way your dads copy of XP will activate is if your normal XP copy is OEM, unless you use the recovery disk.

I always use the recovery disks. Works just like a normal copy *Smile How do I copy a disk without Disk Copy? [Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.662] :). Plus with the recovery disks you dont need the serial key as I *think* its embedded into the files on the disk. Just need to activate windows once on the net *Wink How do I copy a disk without Disk Copy? [Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.662] ;).

Pinchy, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I copy a disk without Disk Copy? [Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.662] - Similar Threads - copy disk without

2. Copy Disk to an another disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy Disk to an another disk: Hi,I need a solution to make a copy from one hard drive to another. Usually I would just use a hard drive cloner, however in this case they are Intel Computer Sticks, so it is impossible to extract the hard drive from the computer. PXE boot is not possible, neither is boot...
  3. Copy Disk to an another disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy Disk to an another disk: Hi,I need a solution to make a copy from one hard drive to another. Usually I would just use a hard drive cloner, however in this case they are Intel Computer Sticks, so it is impossible to extract the hard drive from the computer. PXE boot is not possible, neither is boot...
  4. Copy Disk to an another disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disk Copy not included with Windows 10 [Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.662]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Copy not included with Windows 10 [Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.662]: My laptop has a pitifully small 256Gb SSD. so I purchased a Seagate Expansion drive to store stuff on instead. It was fast and great, until it suddenly suffered a mechanical failure causing me to lose 3.5Tb of data. turns out that Seagate has been using drives prone too...
  6. Copy programs to another disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy programs to another disk: I have problems on my C disk and I have installed on the disk E windows 10 clean. I would like not to transfer (like EaseUS Todo PCTrans which transfers) but to copy programs (also with settings) from one disk C to disk E. There i an utility orr program what does this do?...
  7. Purchase a copy of Win 10 on a disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchase a copy of Win 10 on a disk: Hello, Is there a way to purchase a legitimate copy of win 10 installation disks. My mom has a computer that she acquired with a buggy copy of win 7 and she is just now getting internet to her location. She lives in a remote area and my fear is that whatever is going on...
  8. Copy programs to another disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy programs to another disk: I have problems on my C disk and I have installed on the disk E windows 10 clean. I would like not to transfer (like EaseUS Todo PCTrans which transfers) but to copy programs (also with settings) from one disk C to disk E. There i an utility orr program what does this do?...
  9. Copying a driver disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copying a driver disk: I have a disk with the driver for my Asus sound card on that I use because Asus only support the driver with a RAR file and to be honest I have no idea on how to get the driver from this apart form handing out money for a RAR ? reading program and I very rarely use stuff like...
  10. copy from windows 7 disks

in Windows 10 Support
    copy from windows 7 disks: Happy New Year to one and all. Let's talk about this garbage O/S. Attempted to install my photos from a disk created on Windows 7. At 43% completed it freezes and will not install any further, and where have all my sites stored in Favorites gone? 101374