Windows 10: How do I copy files from the WindowsApps folder?

Discus and support How do I copy files from the WindowsApps folder? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I try to copy Minecraft: Dungeons, it gives: "You need permission from your computer's administrator to perform this action." When I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheTank18, Jul 7, 2020.

1. How do I copy files from the WindowsApps folder?

Whenever I try to copy Minecraft: Dungeons, it gives: "You need permission from your computer's administrator to perform this action." When I try to change it to read and write, it says "Access is denied." I already set my user and group (Administrators) to full control, and now it locks me out of the permission settings entirely.

submitted by /u/TheTank18
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheTank18, Jul 7, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Copying files into WindowsApps directory

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please note that it is not advised to make any changes in the WindowsApps folder, as it can cause issues while using the pre-installed apps. However, to be on a safer side you can always create a system restore point to restore the PC to the state
    where everything was working fine. Refer the article to
    Create a system restore point

Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to take ownership of WindowsApps folder.

1. Click on the Search Bar on the left hand side of the
      Taskbar.
    2. Now type CMD, right click on it, and select
      Run as Administrator.
    3. Type in the following command: icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /grant Administrators:F
    4. Once the above command is successfully executed run the following command:
      icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /grant Administrators:F /t
    5. Type Exit and hit enter.
    6. Restart the PC.

After the restart you should be able to make changes inside the WindowsApps folder.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of troubleshooting steps to assist you better.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 7, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

How do I copy files from the WindowsApps folder?

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

How do I copy files from the WindowsApps folder?

1. How do I copy files from the WindowsApps folder? - Similar Threads - copy files WindowsApps

2. Copying files into WindowsApps directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files into WindowsApps directory: Hello, I want to copy some files into game directory in WindowsApps, but firstly I have access denied, so I have changed permission for every user. Now I have got access to that directory, but I cannot copy any files into it. Everytime it says that I don't have right...
  3. Copying files into WindowsApps directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files into WindowsApps directory: Hello, I want to copy some files into game directory in WindowsApps, but firstly I have access denied, so I have changed permission for every user. Now I have got access to that directory, but I cannot copy any files into it. Everytime it says that I don't have right...
  4. Copying files into WindowsApps directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't copy from WindowsApps

Can't copy from WindowsApps: I'm trying to copy folders from the WindowsApps folder of another computer, but it says "Your organization does not allow you to place this file here." How can I fix this?...
  6. Can't copy from WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't copy from WindowsApps: I'm trying to copy folders from the WindowsApps folder of another computer, but it says "Your organization does not allow you to place this file here." How can I fix this?...
  7. Can't copy from WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?: I bought a pc like 8 months ago and I bought xbox game pass for pc and downloaded few games. Then I had to reboot my pc, and all my GAMES were gone but the windowsapps folders didn't go anywhere. For example I downloaded Wolfenstein 2, I don't have the game anymore but I have...
  9. How do I hide the WindowsApps folder?

How do I hide the WindowsApps folder?: I know that the WindowsApps folder is for the apps I installed from the windows store but I moved it into my D:/ drive instead of the C:/ drive. It's just kind of cluttering up space and I want to hide it since I won't open it anyway. Whenever I try to do Properties > Hide,...
  10. Copying files into WindowsApps directory

Users found this page by searching for:

1. copy to windowsapps folder

2. hkwnto copy files incthe windowsapps folder to snother drive