Windows 10: How do I copy history from Windows 10's Calculator app?

Discus and support How do I copy history from Windows 10's Calculator app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In the Windows 7 Calculator, I could click Edit->History->Copy History, but in the Windows 10 version, there isn't a menu bar. I checked under menu and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stargate38, Dec 28, 2016.

1. How do I copy history from Windows 10's Calculator app?

In the Windows 7 Calculator, I could click Edit->History->Copy History, but in the Windows 10 version, there isn't a menu bar. I checked under menu and settings, but it wasn't in either. I've attached a screenshot to show what it looks like:

How do I copy history from Windows 10's Calculator app? [​IMG]

How do I copy the history? As you can see, there's a lot of digits there, and it would be a lot quicker if I could copy/paste them into a Notepad document somehow, instead of typing them all. I tried googling for an answer, but everything ended up being about Win7.

:)

Stargate38, Dec 28, 2016

2. windows 7 calculator in windows 10

Hi John,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please be informed that the Calculator app for Windows 10 combines the best of the old desktop Calculator with some of the touch-friendly features of a modern calculator app.

I suggest you to refer the below article for more information about calculator in Windows 10. It includes how to switch modes/ how to check Memory and history and keyboard shortcuts.

How to use the Calculator in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-use-the-calculator-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 28, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Hashes mismatch while copying data

A hash is a numerical representation of a file. Basically, a complicated formula is applied to all the 0's and 1's and from that a long hexadecimal number is created. That number is called a 'hash.' (Not the same as the hash I smoke - that's different.)

When copying a large file (typically from the internet) you will frequently be shown the original file's hash. After copying the file you can calculate the hash of the copy with the same formula that was used to calculate the hash of the original. Now you
    can compare the two hashes; if they are identical then the copy is identical to the original.

Therefore, a hash mismatch means that the file wasn't copied accurately. The cause depends on where you copied the file from and where you copied it to.

BulldogXX, Dec 28, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

How do I copy history from Windows 10's Calculator app?

Hi, not a direct answer to your question, as I try to avoid universal apps for some reason.
    Old Windows 7 Calculator for Windows 10
    You could still use the 'old' calculator. (And yes, that's win 10)

How do I copy history from Windows 10's Calculator app? [​IMG]

dalchina, Dec 28, 2016
Thema:

How do I copy history from Windows 10's Calculator app?

1. How do I copy history from Windows 10's Calculator app? - Similar Threads - copy history 10's

2. Calculator app disappered from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator app disappered from Windows 10: This morning my standard default Microsoft Windows calculator app has disappeared. A pop-up stating that I would need a "new app to open this ms-calculator link" appears when pressing the calculator button on my keyboard. The app does not show in Settings>Apps & features, nor...
  3. Calculator app disappered from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator app disappered from Windows 10: This morning my standard default Microsoft Windows calculator app has disappeared. A pop-up stating that I would need a "new app to open this ms-calculator link" appears when pressing the calculator button on my keyboard. The app does not show in Settings>Apps & features, nor...
  4. How do I do fractions in the calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I do fractions in the calculator: No button. I want to be able to do actual fractional things, not just divide stuff. Like I wanna do 1/5 + 1/5 and get 2/5, not 0.24. Any help??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-do-fractions-in-the-calculator/28bbc929-3db7-4340-8015-ba37a5c4b885
  5. calculator history disappears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    calculator history disappears: When I switch to the calculator from a different browser the history sometimes disappears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-history-disappears/b9c4b79d-a51e-44e7-83d8-6e67683c81e5
  6. How do I change the icon for the Windows 10 calculator app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the icon for the Windows 10 calculator app?: Hello, Somehow, I figured out how to do this yesterday, but after moving the locations of the icons, I can't seem to figure out how to do it again. The Goal: I want to edit the icon for the calculator app for Windows 10 so that I can pin it to my taskbar and have it match...
  7. Microsoft 10's calculator

Microsoft 10's calculator: Anyone have a Real Fix for Microsoft 10's calculator working and staying so. - dlc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-10s-calculator/628baf92-2c06-4f58-8461-e5db865e87e4
  8. Windows 10 Calculator - history function

Windows 10 Calculator - history function: I wan't to be able to view the calculation history, and use the calculator at the same time. this was a standard option in the previous calculators. please bring it back. also, it's really annoying that the keys flash different colours when you press the corresponding...
  9. Calculator history

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Calculator history: Hi, it is not a bug (?) - calculator's history shows bad math calculation. Try type 1000+100 (enter) *0,5 (enter). Result is 550 - thats right. But in history is displayed "1000 + 100 x 0,5 = 550". Should by displayed "(1000 + 100) x 0,5 = 550" or shoud use...
  10. How to enable copy paste from history in the win10 calculator

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable copy paste from history in the win10 calculator: Hello, is there a way to copy History from Calculator in win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-copy-paste-from-history-in-the-win10/eca5feeb-fab4-4487-a490-27b04577d018