Windows 10: How do i copy only Folder & Subfolder Names into a .txt File and or Excel?

Discus and support How do i copy only Folder & Subfolder Names into a .txt File and or Excel? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi, i want to be able to copy the names of the Folders and Subfolders Only ! Not the names of the files in the folder. I can only find the shift right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AkramShifu, Oct 25, 2020.

1. How do i copy only Folder & Subfolder Names into a .txt File and or Excel?

hi, i want to be able to copy the names of the Folders and Subfolders Only ! Not the names of the files in the folder. I can only find the shift right click and cmd dir /b option but that copies all file names as well as the folder names but i dont need the file names in the folder just folder and subfolders. can someone help? i tried copyfile name extension but that only copies the folders selected but misses out on the subfolders. ive also tried xplorer 2 lite but again have the same issue only copies the folder names but not the subfolders. help!

:)

AkramShifu, Oct 25, 2020
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Oct 25, 2020
  3. das10 Win User
    das10, Oct 25, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

How do i copy only Folder & Subfolder Names into a .txt File and or Excel?

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

How do i copy only Folder & Subfolder Names into a .txt File and or Excel?

1. How do i copy only Folder & Subfolder Names into a .txt File and or Excel? - Similar Threads - copy Folder Subfolder

2. In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?: In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?For example, I want to find a file with the character string "fund", I type "fund" in the search box and I get thousands of documents that have "fund" somewhere in the text of the document....
  3. In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?: In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?For example, I want to find a file with the character string "fund", I type "fund" in the search box and I get thousands of documents that have "fund" somewhere in the text of the document....
  4. how do I copy an excel file to another file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I copy an excel file to another file?: I do not know where to start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-an-excel-file-to-another-file/0663cccb-abac-4f32-b881-2b6c1b68dbb0
  5. how do I copy an excel file to another file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I copy an excel file to another file?: I do not know where to start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-an-excel-file-to-another-file/0663cccb-abac-4f32-b881-2b6c1b68dbb0
  6. How do I copy folder and sub folder names in one go

How do I copy folder and sub folder names in one go: Hi I have a folder on my desktop with 200 plus folders each with folders in them I want to copy the folder and sub folders names in one go to a notepad file is that possible...
  7. SubFolder Disappeared after I Saved an Excel file Into thus Subfolder

SubFolder Disappeared after I Saved an Excel file Into thus Subfolder: In winows 10, An Subfolder disappeared after I Saved an Excel file into this subfolder. Explorer does not show the subfolder as a hidden folder' as well. How can I restore the link to the disappeared subfolder ?...
  8. How to copy only images files from different subfolders and keep the tree of subfolders as...

How to copy only images files from different subfolders and keep the tree of subfolders as...: I have a folder containing 3d Objects with their thumbs, and I want only to copy thumbs to a different path but with keeping the subfolder pathes, is there any way I can do that? Note that this file has big size that I cannot duplicate it to my HD and delete the 3D files...
  9. Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names

Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names: Hello, I am using windows and have the following situation: I have multiple PDF files which naming system is as following: 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1801 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1802 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1807 I also have folders that are named as following:...
  10. Copy folder or file names as a text file

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy folder or file names as a text file: Hi i have an extension called copy file names but doesn’t work very well, mucks up the order.... if i I use the windows option it works but I get more info than I need, I simply want the file name... are there switches Cher’s I can use to achieve this ..? thanks 135675