Windows 10: How do I correct mispelled name in C:/Users folder? There is not rename option. It was...

Discus and support How do I correct mispelled name in C:/Users folder? There is not rename option. It was... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I correct mispelled name in C:/Users folder? There is not rename option. It was created when I got the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ashith Shetty, Apr 28, 2019.

1. How do I correct mispelled name in C:/Users folder? There is not rename option. It was...

How do I correct mispelled name in C:/Users folder? There is not rename option. It was created when I got the computer

:)

Ashith Shetty, Apr 28, 2019

2. Renaming the users folders

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You are trying to rename the User folder, which can’t be done through the File explorer. Whatever user name you use of your User account, user account folder will have same name. You can rename the Subfolder of the User account folder but not User
    account folder.

If you want rename the User account folder, change user account name using the suggestion

Lets’ refer to these steps to rename the User account and check if that helps.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Control Panel, click on User Accounts.
    • Click on User account, then click on “Change your account name
    • If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on
      Yes.
    • Enter the new user name.
    • Click on change name.

Reference link for more information.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename

Please do let us know if you need further help.

Mohammed Yaseer, Apr 28, 2019
  3. How to correct misspelled name on Windows 10?

Anthony Pontecorvo1, Apr 28, 2019
  4. How do I correct mispelled name in C:/Users folder? There is not rename option. It was...

How to correct misspelled name on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thanks for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you want to correct a misspelled user account name on Windows 10 PC.

Before assisting further, are you editing Microsoft user account name or Local user account name?

You will not be able to edit/rename Microsoft user account name on the computer. If you are using a Local user account, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control panel from the context menu.
    • From the top right corner of the window, click on View by
      and select Large icons.
    • From the window, click on User accounts and select
      Manage another account
    • From the window, select your user account (the one to edit/rename) and click on
      Change the account user name.
    • Type correct user name in the box and click on Apply and
      OK.
    • Close the window, lock the PC (press Windows logo + L keys on the keyboard) and check if the changes are effective.

The above changes made will reflect only on the Login/lock screen. To change the name of the user folder in
    C: drive, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File Explorer
    • Click on This PC from the left side panel of the window and open
      C:
      drive.
    • Open Users folder and select the user folder with a misspelled user name.
    • Right click on the misspelled user name and select Rename option from the context menu to rename the folder.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

How do I correct mispelled name in C:/Users folder? There is not rename option. It was...

1. How do I correct mispelled name in C:/Users folder? There is not rename option. It was... - Similar Threads - correct mispelled name

2. User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed: I sent my laptop back to HP for repair. They reloaded the entire operating system. They names my user account "HP" . I have now changed this to "pmaye" except File Manager does not reflect this change as a user in c:\Users\HP. How do I change the HP name to reflect pmayer and...
  3. How do I rename the folder in C:\Users ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I rename the folder in C:\Users ?: There's a folder in C:\Users with my name on it. I want to change the folder's name so that my name isn't there anymore. Everyone is able to see it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-rename-the-folder-in-cusers/13694681-86af-442a-a99e-1e109ce6e5b5
  4. Rename C:/Users/<name>

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rename C:/Users/<name>: How do I rename the above specified directory? I changed it through registry editor but after that my start menu failed and I've reset my PC. Please help me out with this submitted by /u/HarishRaj21 [link] [comments]...
  5. Is there any way to rename user folder name aka this : C:\Users\<user name> without...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there any way to rename user folder name aka this : C:\Users\<user name> without...: i am trying to rename this because my current folder name is kind of a joke. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-rename-user-folder-name-aka/4858d831-8cf8-4422-b0c7-3f2b69fae403
  6. How to Rename user folder name ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Rename user folder name ?: As you can guess from the title. submitted by /u/SolarisAZ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gsczbw/how_to_rename_user_folder_name/
  7. How can I rename a user in C:\users\[name] ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I rename a user in C:\users\[name] ?: I recently got a new PC built, got Windows 10 installed, and booted up my computer, but I noticed my user folder wasn't named like it normally is. Usually the folder is named as my first name, but this time, it was named zoatc. I thought I could just get away with right-click...
  8. I need to change or Rename the folder C:\Users\<name> to C:\Users\<Mywish> . I'm using...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need to change or Rename the folder C:\Users\<name> to C:\Users\<Mywish> . I'm using...: Please Give me the details to rename the users name in C drive to my wish. Currently I only have one user and I have admin privileges. What steps I need to follow. ?...
  9. User Folder Name not correct - how to change?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Folder Name not correct - how to change?: Clean install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update. All went perfectly but the folder name in the Users folder is not correct. It is called "greg" and I did not choose this and I don't like it. The name of my actual account in the Control Panel - User Accounts shows correctly....
  10. How to rename a user's folder in c:\users?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to rename a user's folder in c:\users?: While my request in the thread Is it advisable/useful to have a second (full) Administrator account? was successfully handled, I now have this situation which I consider appropriate to mention in a new thread. Basically, I would like to rename the "new user" folder of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. correct misspelled username windows 10

2. no rename option for folder in c drive

3. windows user folder last name misspelled

4. name on users file in c drive misspelled,
  5. windows mispelled user folder,
  6. name is misspelled in c:\users