Windows 10: how do i creat storage space

Discus and support how do i creat storage space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I not very good withcomputer it keeps tellingme I am low on storage space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by catherinebarnes1howdo, Nov 21, 2018.

1. how do i creat storage space

I not very good withcomputer it keeps tellingme I am low on storage space

:)

catherinebarnes1howdo, Nov 21, 2018
  2. mscommem Win User

Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space"

Trying to create a basic Storage Space. No parity, mirroring, or anything. Just a bunch of disks. All disks are functioning normally and have been formatted etc. When I add them to the pool and create the storage space I get the error I've screenshotted
    below, "Can't Delete Storage Space".

Why is it trying to delete the Storage Space in the creation process?

What can I do to create the Storage Space successfully?

Thanks for your help.

how do i creat storage space a4cad38a-04a6-412a-aa2a-360b36db2a61?upload=true.png

mscommem, Nov 21, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Conflicting information on my Storage Space...

From disk management, it does report the same storage and used space as from explorer.
    May I ask did you try to create a storage pool or something ? if so, you should not mess with this.

Is this disk an external disk connected via USB ? WD or Seagate branch ?

I have the feeling that this disk is formatted with GPT type using 512K emulation so Windows get confused. To verify:

1. Right click on Disk 6 ->Properties->Volumes. What does it show on partition styles ? GPT ?
    2. Download Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free, install then run. What does it show on disk 7 ? MBR ?

If step 1 shows GPT and step 2 shows MBR then definitely the disk was formatted using 512K emulation. The reason they did this so that it would be recognized by WinXP or if you connect it to a TV.

Windows Updates failed is another problem you have. First, it tried to updates from 1703 -> 1709 and failed so any subsequent updates to 1803 also failed.

topgundcp, Nov 21, 2018
  4. how do i creat storage space

New with Storage Space

Hi Jay,

Storage Spaces not only increase storage over time as you add drivers to your PC, it will also help you in protecting your data from drive failures. To get more information about Storage Spaces in Windows 10, please check on this
    link. The link will provide you steps as well on how to create a storage space and
    some information about what you need in order for you to create it.

Kindly update us with the result and let us know if you need further help.

Eileen Gal, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

how do i creat storage space

1. how do i creat storage space - Similar Threads - creat storage space

2. Creating New Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating New Storage Spaces: Hi all,So I am trying to create a new storage space, as my internal disk space is low. I was intending on using an external drive but wasn't too sure what was needed. When I looked on the support section for this option, it said even a USB drive should work but, for some...
  3. Creating New Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating New Storage Spaces: Hi all,So I am trying to create a new storage space, as my internal disk space is low. I was intending on using an external drive but wasn't too sure what was needed. When I looked on the support section for this option, it said even a USB drive should work but, for some...
  4. Creating New Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Removal of LCU to create storage space.

Removal of LCU to create storage space.: My laptop regularly records storage remaining of between around 400MB and 3GB without any signficant change having occurred in terms of files saved/apps installed etc. so it seems like a very rough if not random guide. That said I have been somewhat spooked by some low...
  6. Removal of LCU to create storage space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removal of LCU to create storage space.: My laptop regularly records storage remaining of between around 400MB and 3GB without any signficant change having occurred in terms of files saved/apps installed etc. so it seems like a very rough if not random guide. That said I have been somewhat spooked by some low...
  7. How to Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10: [ATTACH]With Storage Spaces, you can group two or more drives together in a storage […] This article How to Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space"

Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space": Trying to create a basic Storage Space. No parity, mirroring, or anything. Just a bunch of disks. All disks are functioning normally and have been formatted etc. When I add them to the pool and create the storage space I get the error I've screenshotted below, "Can't Delete...
  9. create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces: Dear all, I have connected two USB storage drives, each one of them is 16 GB. I tried to create a new virtual pool but it did not work out. I thought the size is not enough and it may need extra storage spaces. I connected 64 GB then opened the storage space but I am still...
  10. Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10: How to: Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 How to Create a Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to create a storage space for a storage pool in Windows...