Windows 10: How do I create a backup?

Discus and support How do I create a backup? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m a Mac guy who got my first windows pc for the first time since windows 7. Im about to wipe my drive and install Arch Linux instead but first I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theyCallMeTheMilkMan, Jun 26, 2020.

1. How do I create a backup?

I’m a Mac guy who got my first windows pc for the first time since windows 7. Im about to wipe my drive and install Arch Linux instead but first I wanna back up my stuff.

On mac it’s really simply, you plug in any hard drive and open time machine and with one click literally all of your files are backed up.

Any way I can do this on windows too? Something similar?

If possible I’d like to backup to my iCloud drive as I have lots of space there.

Could I create one big backup file that has everything? Ideas?

submitted by /u/theyCallMeTheMilkMan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theyCallMeTheMilkMan, Jun 26, 2020

2. Backup skipped

Hi Ken,

For us to better isolate your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are your backing up files or creating a system image?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest deleting the backup you created and create a new one. Click this
    article
    and follow the steps on how to create a backup.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Can't create a Restore flash backup in Win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help resolve the issue.

As per the information that you have provided, I suggest that you perform Power Drain and restart the backup process and check if you get the same error.

To perform Power Drain and check if you are able to create the backup. To do so follow the steps below:

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 26, 2020
  4. How do I create a backup?

Backup using file history

Thanks Robeline

I was going by other advice and articles that suggest that backing up under Update and security/backup is now the way to go. I will try your suggestion.

Doug

DougWalsh1, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

How do I create a backup?

1. How do I create a backup? - Similar Threads - create backup

2. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  3. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  4. If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...: Hi Microsoft friends. I have a 500GB internal drive with Windows 11 installed and 500GB USB external backup drive. If I uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, would that make it the same as File History both restore the program, you have to reininstall them...
  5. If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...

If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...: Hi Microsoft friends. I have a 500GB internal drive with Windows 11 installed and 500GB USB external backup drive. If I uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, would that make it the same as File History both restore the program, you have to reininstall them...
  6. Problems with creating backup on Windows 11 of just one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with creating backup on Windows 11 of just one drive: I work on a laptop with 2 m.2 drives, one is primarily for work/systems and the other is for games as they are big. My main C drive has received a warning about possible failure, 'Warning: reliability is degraded Back up your data in case of drive failure' and as a result, I...
  7. Problems with creating backup on Windows 11 of just one drive

Problems with creating backup on Windows 11 of just one drive: I work on a laptop with 2 m.2 drives, one is primarily for work/systems and the other is for games as they are big. My main C drive has received a warning about possible failure, 'Warning: reliability is degraded Back up your data in case of drive failure' and as a result, I...
  8. After creating a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB HDD using Windows 11, can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After creating a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB HDD using Windows 11, can I...: I've just created a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB external HDD. In addition to the 32 GB Active Primary Partition, there is a 2016 GB Unallocated Partition and a !0991 GB Unallocated on the recovery drive. Can I store other data to be backed up in the 10,991 GB...
  9. After creating a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB HDD using Windows 11, can I...

After creating a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB HDD using Windows 11, can I...: I've just created a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB external HDD. In addition to the 32 GB Active Primary Partition, there is a 2016 GB Unallocated Partition and a !0991 GB Unallocated on the recovery drive. Can I store other data to be backed up in the 10,991 GB...
  10. How can I create a complete disk image backup in Win 10 that I can access in Win 11?

How can I create a complete disk image backup in Win 10 that I can access in Win 11?: I bought a new laptop running Win 11 to replace my old laptop running Win 10. I would like to create a complete backup of everything on the old Win 10 system on a USB drive. Then I want to be able to "mount" the USB drive on Win 11 and access the files and folders using...