Windows 10: how do I create a bootable USB from a Vista or XP OS computer for a new build computer?

Discus and support how do I create a bootable USB from a Vista or XP OS computer for a new build computer? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have paid for a licence for a Home version of Windows 10. I have only XP and a Vista OS computers which I can download with. I want to create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JonathanArnot, Feb 4, 2020.

1. how do I create a bootable USB from a Vista or XP OS computer for a new build computer?

I have paid for a licence for a Home version of Windows 10.

I have only XP and a Vista OS computers which I can download with.

I want to create a bootable USB 3.0 ISO Windows 10 file for a new build fresh computer.

I have downloaded a copy of Windows 10 onto a USB 3.0 stick. The new computer recognises the USB stick but does not boot from it.

I appreciate your advice.

:)

JonathanArnot, Feb 4, 2020
  2. xhunter08 Win User

How to create bootable USB? Please Help!

Hello guys,
    My friend's computer has been infected by virus very badly. It won't even let the win. xp (pre-installed on the computer) load properly. I tried to run command prompt but it won't let it. Now I have no option left other than to format his Hard drive and install new win. xp.
    I have 2 GB USB.
    Please someone help me create a bootable USB (that boots with command prompt) so that I can install downloaded WIN. XP S3 on his computer.

Any comments or suggestions of this kind'd be appreciated.

cheers,
    xhunter.

xhunter08, Feb 4, 2020
  3. How to create bootable USB? Please Help!

I don't think you can fit WinXP on a 2gb flash drive. Look around this forum, Mussles made a guide about how to make a bootable USB drive.

YinYang.ERROR, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Agility Win User

how do I create a bootable USB from a Vista or XP OS computer for a new build computer?

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

how do I create a bootable USB from a Vista or XP OS computer for a new build computer?

1. how do I create a bootable USB from a Vista or XP OS computer for a new build computer? - Similar Threads - create bootable USB

2. Create a bootable FreeBSD USB in Windows OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create a bootable FreeBSD USB in Windows OS: submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_Bass_59 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mp8u7q/create_a_bootable_freebsd_usb_in_windows_os/
  3. Creating a bootable usb from ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a bootable usb from ISO: If I create a bootable usb from the ISO file, does that ISO file remain the same in the sense that I can use it to to an In-Place Repair or reinstall Windows?...
  4. How do I create Win 10 usb bootable from a MacBook Air?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I create Win 10 usb bootable from a MacBook Air?: Please give me a detail version not a summary or if you know a video that works let me know. I have watched YouTube vids on it but all are varying and under the comments people say it doesn’t work. I am finally switching from Mac to pc, my pc is almost done building. Software...
  5. Create Bootable USB From Win10 Build-1909 ISO

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create Bootable USB From Win10 Build-1909 ISO: Hi guys. Currently on build 2004 but looking to clean install 1909. Unfortunately the Media Creation Tool will only work for the most recent build which is 2004. What's the best way for me to create a bootable USB with 1909 on it? I have the ISO just need to create the USB....
  6. How to Create Bootable USB

How to Create Bootable USB: Hi, Just downloaded windows 10 Installation Media from Download Windows 10 . There are two options there Update and Download tool now. I first tried Update and was told that a newer version was available. This was downloaded successfully. That said, the reason I went on there...
  7. Can this OS be moved to a new build computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can this OS be moved to a new build computer?: I want to move the OS (Win 10 pro) from an older computer to a new build. The sys. started as a Win 7 full retail sys. Then was updated Win 8 / 8.1. Then updated to Win 10. Can someone say if this can be moved and then activated? Thanks, . 64053
  8. creating bootable xp usb

creating bootable xp usb: Hi guys, I wanted to create a bootable xp usb stick that I could keep on me because I work with a couple of, lets say careless, people who are constantly getting their computer into mischief. So I've got an Ubuntu install stick but I know my way around windows more so I've...
  9. How do I create a bootable USB drive with an ISO?

How do I create a bootable USB drive with an ISO?: Tried looking this up online, but couldn't find any specific information. I'm running on Windows 10 Home, and I have a Windows 10 ISO I want to put in a flash drive so it's bootable. How do I do this? 29400
  10. Can I create Bootable USB for Win 10 from another computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I create Bootable USB for Win 10 from another computer?: Had tried to update the BIOS on my son's Alienware Aurora R4 so that we could install an upgraded graphics card (980 Ti). Used the Dell Support site - and was upgrading from Bios 7 to Bios 9 - would eventually go up to current version 11 before swapping GPU. Followed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. create bootable usb