Windows 10: How do I create a completely separate user account?

Discus and support How do I create a completely separate user account? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a main account that I use day to day for work and general use, however I want to create a new separate account that does NOT share any files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RealChegg, Feb 27, 2019.

1. RealChegg Win User

How do I create a completely separate user account?

I have a main account that I use day to day for work and general use, however I want to create a new separate account that does NOT share any files, apps or anything with the first account. This is because i want my second account for only games and my first one for only work so i do not get tempted to play games while working. I have a system with 2 drives, 1 boot SSD and 1 HDD for all data. I want to install all my games on the HDD but i do not want to be able to access them from the first account and I also do not want any apps that are installed on the main boot drive ssd on the first account to be able to be accesed or run from the second account.

I hope this was not too confusing, so is this possible?

P.S I am running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro.

:)

RealChegg, Feb 27, 2019

2. Unable to create new User account

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you logged in with a Microsoft account or Local account?

• Are you trying to create new user account using Administrator account?
    I suggest you to run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files

Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Please get back to us with the information required, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Am unable to create a new user. Accounts -> Add someone else to this PC options is not working to create a new account.

Hi Pawan,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

Follow the below steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts, click on Manage another account.
    • Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC
      and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of creating a new user account for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 27, 2019
  4. How do I create a completely separate user account?

Complete separate user account? Win 10

I was wondering if I can make an additional user account that has complete separate files and separate programs.
    Such as I have Diablo 2 but I don't want the other user to be able to see that Diablo II is installed.

Another example being that I have family photos of my account that I don't want a stranger to see...

Also, I would like to have a very simplified help in terms of wording How do I create a completely separate user account? :eek:.

Please a reply would be nice I am running low on time.

KingDan1700, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

How do I create a completely separate user account?

1. How do I create a completely separate user account? - Similar Threads - create completely separate

2. How do I restore separate Microsoft accounts ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore separate Microsoft accounts ?: My husband and I have always maintained our own Favorites on our 2 computers.I recently purchase a new laptop, with Windows 11. He is still using his desktop PC with Windows 10. Suddenly, our Favorites have merged. I'm seeing his Favorites all mixed in with mine, and he's...
  3. Create and separate access on user accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create and separate access on user accounts: Hi folks! I have Windows 10 Professional on a laptop. Is there a possibility to separate accounts from each other as well as installation of programs, folders etc.? in a way that the programs/folders etc. only belong to one account and are not accessible from outside from...
  4. How to separate user accounts on Windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to separate user accounts on Windows 10?: I've been trying to setup 2 user accounts on my Windows 10 OS; so, that I can separate my Uni work and regular use, but I'm not able to separate the accounts when it comes to the apps and programs. E.g. when i delete a shortcut on my desktop from the uni work account it also...
  5. Create Completely Separate User

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create Completely Separate User: I want to create a new separate account that does NOT share any files, apps, or anything with the first account. Is there a way to partition my drives in such a way? I want to have a fresh install of steam and use separate files from my main user so when I use mods for games...
  6. Separate user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Separate user accounts: Why set up separate user accounts? I was expecting that each user could have different program icons on their home screen to simplify their use of the PC, but all icons are the same on screens and task bars. Also, is there a way to hide or turn off the brightly colored...
  7. Family Account - are parent accounts completely separate

Family Account - are parent accounts completely separate: Hi, I haven't been able to find anything that confirms 100% that if you have two parent accounts within the same family group that those two accounts remain completely separate. I realise they will both have control over any child accounts in the same group, but can anyone...
  8. How do I create a new user account WITHOUT a Microsoft account?

How do I create a new user account WITHOUT a Microsoft account?: I have been trying for the past two hours to get a runas command to work, but I am crippled every time by a user name or password incorrect. I've tried deleting my admin password, I've changed the admin password, nothing works. (Linux is so much easier to use). I am the...
  9. How do I create a new user account WITHOUT a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I create a new user account WITHOUT a Microsoft account?: I have been trying for the past two hours to get a runas command to work, but I am crippled every time by a user name or password incorrect. I've tried deleting my admin password, I've changed the admin password, nothing works. (Linux is so much easier to use). I am the...
  10. Complete separate user account? Win 10

Complete separate user account? Win 10: I was wondering if I can make an additional user account that has complete separate files and separate programs. Such as I have Diablo 2 but I don't want the other user to be able to see that Diablo II is installed. Another example being that I have family photos of my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make account completely separate in windows 10

2. how to separate windows 10 accounts completely

3. how to create a completely seperate pc account

4. how to make a windows account seperate,
  5. how to make completely separate accounts on windows 10,
  6. windows 10 create completly seperate users,
  7. how to create completely seperate windows user,
  8. how to make a completely seprate windows account,
  9. is there any way to create a completely seperate acc on the same computer,
  10. create a totally separate user account win10