Windows 10: How do I create a edge browser to open in private mode?

Discus and support How do I create a edge browser to open in private mode? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; IE can shortcut can be created to open in private browsing mode. example: "C:\Program files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe" -private. 141958 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rknigel, Oct 6, 2019.

1. rknigel Win User

How do I create a edge browser to open in private mode?

IE can shortcut can be created to open in private browsing mode.
    example: "C:\Program files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe" -private.

:)

rknigel, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft’s Edge browser may be storing private browsing data

Read more: Microsoft's Edge browser may be storing private browsing data | The Verge

Brink, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Mooly Win User
    Creating shortcuts for Edge and Opera

Yes it does. Click the three dots at the top right of the Edge browser window and 'In Private' is near the top of the list of options.

Mooly, Oct 6, 2019
  4. How do I create a edge browser to open in private mode?

edge browser won't open

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information before we proceed

• Do you facing this issue only with few sites or with all websites?
    • Are you getting any error message when try to open?
    • Are you able to use other browsers on your system?
    • Is the Microsoft Edge Windows opens?

Step 1:

If Microsoft Edge browser opens, I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.
    Step 2: If the browser didn’t opens try running
    System File Checker.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

How do I create a edge browser to open in private mode?

1. How do I create a edge browser to open in private mode? - Similar Threads - create edge browser

2. Efficiency mode "Edge" browser !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Efficiency mode "Edge" browser !: Good morning, just a straight forward question today, what would be the best setting for me regarding efficiency mode on Edge? My laptop is always on my desk top plugged in, I would like the best performance settings please! At present "Unplugged, low battery" !Brian...
  3. Efficiency mode "Edge" browser !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Efficiency mode "Edge" browser !: Good morning, just a straight forward question today, what would be the best setting for me regarding efficiency mode on Edge? My laptop is always on my desk top plugged in, I would like the best performance settings please! At present "Unplugged, low battery" !Brian...
  4. Efficiency mode "Edge" browser !

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. is there anyway to set the browser private mode as windows default browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
    is there anyway to set the browser private mode as windows default browser?: Hi everybodyI need to set windows default browser to private mode without changing the browser setting to always start in private mode, is there any way to do that without harming the windows?...
  6. Create a shortcut to open Microsoft Edge browser in InPrivate mode

in Windows 10 News
    Create a shortcut to open Microsoft Edge browser in InPrivate mode: [ATTACH]This simple guide is designed to help you create a shortcut to open the […] This article Create a shortcut to open Microsoft Edge browser in InPrivate mode first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How do I create a edge browser to open in private mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I create a edge browser to open in private mode?: IE can shortcut can be created to open in private browsing mode. example: "C:\Program files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe" -private. 141958
  8. How do I update Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I update Edge Browser: My Edge Browser is playing up something awful and not working very well at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-update-edge-browser/dbb266c3-acac-4053-8ba7-fff30af2f1bd
  9. edge browser/open action center do not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edge browser/open action center do not open: I downloaded New CorelDraw X3 Graphic.CDR from the internet yesterday. On installing the software, my edge browser/open action center and such peculiar features of windows 10 do not open at a click. what can I do to restore to normal functions?...
  10. How do I totally disable Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I totally disable Edge browser?: I thought I had disabled this browser when I setup my new Windows 10 OS upgrade. But every time I use Ccleaner I get a message that it is running and do I want to close it. So how can I get rid of this problem? 44609