Windows 10: How do I create a hotspot without an internet connection

Discus and support How do I create a hotspot without an internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763. I wish to use my laptop/surface to share files via wifi to multiple devices ( streaming movies from my HDD).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrankHolland, May 9, 2019.

1. How do I create a hotspot without an internet connection

Windows Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763.

I wish to use my laptop/surface to share files via wifi to multiple devices ( streaming movies from my HDD).

So I think I need to create a hotspot. Where I am using this is in the bush so there is no internet and I dont need it.

How can I configure the laptop/surface for this purpose.

Basically its a wifi connected server without internet.

Getting frustrated since I swear I have done this in the past---distant past.

Appreciate any help I can get.

PS Having run the "netsh wlan show drivers" command I see the Laptop/surface doesn't support a hosted network

:)

FrankHolland, May 9, 2019
  2. John Ado Win User

Mobile hotspot Connected but no internet access

Got it.

This usually happen if Internet Connection Sharing was not enabled. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Network Connections.
    • Please note that at this point, your hotspot connection should be showing here
    • Right-click your internet source, which should be Ethernet.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Sharing.
    • Check the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection option.
    • Under Home networking connection drop-down menu select your
      hotspot connection name
    • Click OK.

Please advised as necessary.

John Ado, May 9, 2019
  3. I need help creating a hotspot on my laptop pc

Hi Luis,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my house without wifi comes", are you referring that don't have any internet connection to the computer?
    • When you say that "I can not use WiFi so I need for help creating", how exactly are you trying to create a hotspot on the computer?

I would like to inform you that we need a Wi-Fi or Internet connection for sharing the internet through a hotspot.

You may try to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article as a reference.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Please get back to us with an update on issue with creating a hotspot in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 9, 2019
  4. How do I create a hotspot without an internet connection

No internet / wifi from hotspot

So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet as I'm writing this from my ipad and doing things on my phone.

I tried resetting all of them and turning hotspot, bluetooth, wifi on and off.. I've had problems connecting pc's to apple hotspots before, normally just rebooting everything and toggling hotspot on/off does the trick.

I started reading some internet troubleshooting guides, one suggested I reset my network settings on my phone.

I did this - now the surface pro 4 won't even connect to it. It will see the wifi network but will not connect.

The ipad it connects but does not give me internet access.

I also tried my friends iphone hotspot to just make sure it wasn't something with my devices and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

realtordcnova, May 9, 2019
Thema:

How do I create a hotspot without an internet connection

1. How do I create a hotspot without an internet connection - Similar Threads - create hotspot without

2. How can I do Internet Connect Sharing with an adapter and hotspot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I do Internet Connect Sharing with an adapter and hotspot?: I've got a philips hue bridge that i've sucssessfully managed to connect to my university public network, eduroam, with windows Internet Conenct SharingICS. The issue is when I try connect my phone to the computers hotspot I'm unable to connect because my internet is already...
  3. How can I do Internet Connect Sharing with an adapter and hotspot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I do Internet Connect Sharing with an adapter and hotspot?: I've got a philips hue bridge that i've sucssessfully managed to connect to my university public network, eduroam, with windows Internet Conenct SharingICS. The issue is when I try connect my phone to the computers hotspot I'm unable to connect because my internet is already...
  4. How can I do Internet Connect Sharing with an adapter and hotspot?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Pc not connecting to my wifi/internet without hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc not connecting to my wifi/internet without hotspot: I'll give the basic problem up top and any info I think might possibly be useful later. Also, sorry for not knowing the proper terms etc. I'll try to explain as best I can.The wifi connection for my pc continuously drops, to the point that no web pages load. However, when I...
  6. Pc not connecting to my wifi/internet without hotspot

Pc not connecting to my wifi/internet without hotspot: I'll give the basic problem up top and any info I think might possibly be useful later. Also, sorry for not knowing the proper terms etc. I'll try to explain as best I can.The wifi connection for my pc continuously drops, to the point that no web pages load. However, when I...
  7. Using Mobile HOTSPOT without internet connection

Using Mobile HOTSPOT without internet connection: Hello everyone, how i can use the function HOTSPOT on Windows 10 (1809), without internet? I wanna connect my smartphone to another use. It's possible? On windows 7, i can use this, simple, but in the windows 10 not work. - I tried use: v OK, But netsh wlan...
  8. Can't make an Hotspot connection without an internet connection.

Can't make an Hotspot connection without an internet connection.: Hi, Sometmes when I go outside to play LAN games with my friends I like to use a hotspot. But it seems not always possible as I don't constantly have an internet connection. I can't use the netsh wlan start hostednetwork command as it shows that my Wi-Fi card...
  9. Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection

Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection: I am developing an offline solution and would like to use the Mobile Hotspot Wi-Fi in areas without internet service. It seems that the Mobile hotspot cannot be turned on when I'm offline. Is there any workaround for this? Please advise. Many thanks! Noah...
  10. How do I enable "Mobile Hotspot" without internet connection?

How do I enable "Mobile Hotspot" without internet connection?: I am attempting to start the "Mobile Hotspot" that is inside the settings menu, without an active internet connection. Is there any way I can do this, or is there an alternative? What I have tested before is using the netsh command to set and start the "Hosted Network"....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get spectrum hotpowifi

2. can a iphone be a hotspot without internet