Windows 10: How do I create a new Admin account?

Discus and support How do I create a new Admin account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cannot find the password for the Admin account, and when I try to add new software (virus protection, etc.) I am prompted for the password before... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobertThornhill1, Mar 13, 2019.

1. How do I create a new Admin account?

I cannot find the password for the Admin account, and when I try to add new software (virus protection, etc.) I am prompted for the password before being allowed to perform the addition or update. PLEASE HELP.

:)

RobertThornhill1, Mar 13, 2019

2. Admin account corrupted

Hi Joshua.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select
      Safe mode and then press Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press
      CTRL + Shift + ESC.

• Click File >
      Run New Task.

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges

• Type CMD.

• Type the following command and hit
      Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    6. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 3: Create a new user account in Safe Mode and give admin privileges to the new account.

Create a new user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

After creating new user account, press Windows key, type
    Mange your account
    and hit Enter. Click on Family
    and other users
    and select the newly created account. Now change the account type to
    Administrator.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Mar 13, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 13, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

How do I create a new Admin account?

NavyLCDR, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

How do I create a new Admin account?

1. How do I create a new Admin account? - Similar Threads - create Admin account

2. how do I create a new admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I create a new admin password: I had been using my PIN for sign on with administrator access. I had to restore my PC and when it completed my PIN had gone. The PC and I are getting on in years so I can't remember the password and the hint isn't working as it should. There was no other administrator. Now I...
  3. how do I create a new admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I create a new admin password: I had been using my PIN for sign on with administrator access. I had to restore my PC and when it completed my PIN had gone. The PC and I are getting on in years so I can't remember the password and the hint isn't working as it should. There was no other administrator. Now I...
  4. how do I create a new admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I create a new account on laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I create a new account on laptop?: "Select Start > Settings > Accounts and then select Family & other users." - That's what I saw on the Microsoft community, but I don't see the option Family & other users....
  6. How do I create a new account on laptop?

How do I create a new account on laptop?: "Select Start > Settings > Accounts and then select Family & other users." - That's what I saw on the Microsoft community, but I don't see the option Family & other users....
  7. Create New Admin Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create New Admin Account: If I create new admin account, does my 2 hard disks and my game folder still appear? And can I play game from game folder if it still appear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-admin-account/28b8f2f5-616a-4ebd-9456-4733b18f3b89
  8. Create New Admin Account

Create New Admin Account: If I create new admin account, does my 2 hard disks and my game folder still appear? And can I play game from game folder if it still appear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-admin-account/28b8f2f5-616a-4ebd-9456-4733b18f3b89
  9. How to create a new admin user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to create a new admin user account: I'm an administrator. I want to create a new administrator account. Control Panel User Account doesn't show an Add User. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-new-admin-user-account/cbf0d022-3fee-4615-8c67-d5f1038ed86d
  10. How to create new Admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to create new Admin account: I am having a horrible problem with uninstalling a printer. Talked to MS and Canon with no remedy. Canon mentioned to create new admin account to create new registry. They feel something is deeply embedded and hanging up printer somehow. Pls advise on how to create new...