Windows 10: How do I create a new user account WITHOUT a Microsoft account?

Discus and support How do I create a new user account WITHOUT a Microsoft account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have been trying for the past two hours to get a runas command to work, but I am crippled every time by a user name or password incorrect. I've... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SteveMann, Dec 13, 2018.

1. SteveMann Win User

How do I create a new user account WITHOUT a Microsoft account?

I have been trying for the past two hours to get a runas command to work, but I am crippled every time by a user name or password incorrect.

I've tried deleting my admin password, I've changed the admin password, nothing works.
    (Linux is so much easier to use).

I am the only user of this PC. My account information (Settings, Accounts, Your Info):STEPHEN L: MANN
    stephrL: @mmdv.com
    Administrator
    I've tried:
    runas /savecred /user:"STEPHEN MANN" "D:\River Documents\Hardware\Network\NetUse.bat"
    runas /savecred /user:stephr@mmdv.com "D:\River Documents\Hardware\Network\NetUse.bat"
    runas /savecred /user:Admininistrator "D:\River Documents\Hardware\Network\NetUse.bat"

They all give me:1326: The user name or password is incorrect.
    On this forum someone with a similar question said that he solved it by creating a new admin account. But, Microsoft to the "rescue", the option to create a new user account without Microsoft credentials is gone.

All I want to do is run a batch file with admin privileges at startup.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    And, please, do not teach me to 'Right-Click'.

:)

SteveMann, Dec 13, 2018

2. Unable to create new User account

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you logged in with a Microsoft account or Local account?

• Are you trying to create new user account using Administrator account?
    I suggest you to run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files

Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Please get back to us with the information required, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Am unable to create a new user. Accounts -> Add someone else to this PC options is not working to create a new account.

Hi Pawan,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

Follow the below steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts, click on Manage another account.
    • Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC
      and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of creating a new user account for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 13, 2018
  4. How do I create a new user account WITHOUT a Microsoft account?

not able to create new user accounts

Hi Sirish,

Are you signed into a Microsoft account or a local account?

if you are trying to add a new account from the settings option, then I would suggest you try creating a new account from the control panel and check. Go to user accounts section and check if you are able to create a new user account.

Bennet Martin, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

How do I create a new user account WITHOUT a Microsoft account?

1. How do I create a new user account WITHOUT a Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - create user account

2. How do I create a new account on laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I create a new account on laptop?: "Select Start > Settings > Accounts and then select Family & other users." - That's what I saw on the Microsoft community, but I don't see the option Family & other users....
  3. How do I create a new account on laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I create a new account on laptop?: "Select Start > Settings > Accounts and then select Family & other users." - That's what I saw on the Microsoft community, but I don't see the option Family & other users....
  4. How to create a new admin user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to create a new admin user account: I'm an administrator. I want to create a new administrator account. Control Panel User Account doesn't show an Add User. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-new-admin-user-account/cbf0d022-3fee-4615-8c67-d5f1038ed86d
  5. Create new local user without access to the other account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Create new local user without access to the other account: I'd like to create a new local user for school on my pc without access to my current files. My current account has a lot of clutter and files from video games and such. When I make a new basic account, I still have access to everything that was installed on my main user...
  6. How do I make a normal user account/create an admin account without admin rights?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make a normal user account/create an admin account without admin rights?: Hello! I would just like to ask the question, how do I create an admin account without admin rights? Keep in mind I do not have a USB to install other software on. If someone could help me with this, feel free to ask questions to help you answer the question. Thank you!...
  7. Create new User account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create new User account: Split from this thread. Greetings and happy new year to you, Greg, Master of Windows 10! Would you do me the honor or assisting me with any advice how to repair my very LIGHT corrupted user in Win 10. I want to keep all the "links" the user has. My outlook mails mostly...
  8. How do I create a new Admin account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I create a new Admin account?: I cannot find the password for the Admin account, and when I try to add new software (virus protection, etc.) I am prompted for the password before being allowed to perform the addition or update. PLEASE HELP....
  9. How do I create a new user account WITHOUT a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I create a new user account WITHOUT a Microsoft account?: I have been trying for the past two hours to get a runas command to work, but I am crippled every time by a user name or password incorrect. I've tried deleting my admin password, I've changed the admin password, nothing works. (Linux is so much easier to use). I am the...
  10. can't create new user account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't create new user account: win 10 installed on a cow chip labeled ASUS. I can't create a new account. Only have one admin account, The tab to create a new user is missing. Tried to create one through Settings. Get message the snapin cannot be used. All this started when I tried to give read only rights...