Windows 10: How Do I Create a New Video Project in Photos App

Discus and support How Do I Create a New Video Project in Photos App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [ATTACH]I have attached a screenshot of a Photos App task bar. I have been trying to figure out how to create a new video project so that I can cut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EdwardKirk, May 24, 2020.

1. How Do I Create a New Video Project in Photos App

How Do I Create a New Video Project in Photos App dcfefb9b-e8cd-4e96-b2b7-fa9bdc320687?upload=true.png I have attached a screenshot of a Photos App task bar. I have been trying to figure out how to create a new video project so that I can cut together a bunch of short videos into one lone one. There is no option in my task bar to start a new video project.

Additionally, I called microsoft by phone and they tried to help, but were unable. If I go to one of my videos, and try to edit it, there is no option there to start a new project either.

Relevant info:

1. I have just purchased a new laptop: Dell Inspiron 2n1

2. On my old PC, the was an option in the task bar to start a new project.

3. I have followed many different "how to's" online but none work for me.

Please help! I am a teacher and I need to edit these videos to send the video to my students as soon as possible.

:)

EdwardKirk, May 24, 2020

2. Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Photos App, while exporting video project. We were able to create and export the video project. So the issue could be with photos app installed in the PC. I would suggest you
    to follow the steps mentioned in these methods.

Method 1: Please refer the steps as mentioned in

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    article.

Method 2: You can also try to re-install the app using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can install the Photo app from Microsoft Store.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 24, 2020
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    Video projects in photo app

Hi there, thanks for your question.

Once you've finished creating your video in the Photos app, you can follow these steps to finalize it:

- Select Export or share.

- Choose a file size.

- When it’s ready, select Share to social media, email, or another app.

More information on video projects in the Photos app here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/17205/...

Please let me know if you need further support! Thanks!

Graeme.P, May 24, 2020
  4. How Do I Create a New Video Project in Photos App

photo app video project

This is ridiculous.

Saving a video project is not available yet.

This is the first time I used the Win 10 Photo App to make a video.

Had an issue with the video not playing, all I saw were little dots spinning in a circle.

I closed all my other applications, nothing, I shut down my computer. I could not find my project.

There were three tips when I first created a new custom video project. One was that I did not have to save my project, this happened automatically.

I do not know what that means I guess be cause it is not saved.

This make this app absolutely useless.

I did place a feed back about this app before, I do not see the use of placing another one.

Suggestion:

Please let me do some thing very basic like save a project so I can edit it later.

How could this not have been an option.

DefenderStargate, May 24, 2020
Thema:

How Do I Create a New Video Project in Photos App

1. How Do I Create a New Video Project in Photos App - Similar Threads - Create Video Project

2. Photos app creates "Video Projects" folder in a random folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app creates "Video Projects" folder in a random folder: Hi,When I create a new project on "Video Editor" tab of the Photos app and add some videos to the project, a random "Video Projects" folder appears in one of my video folders. The new folder contains the video I've just added to the project. This seems to happen only when I...
  3. Photos app creates "Video Projects" folder in a random folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app creates "Video Projects" folder in a random folder: Hi,When I create a new project on "Video Editor" tab of the Photos app and add some videos to the project, a random "Video Projects" folder appears in one of my video folders. The new folder contains the video I've just added to the project. This seems to happen only when I...
  4. My photos app has no create project for making videos, help?

My photos app has no create project for making videos, help?: I just bought a dell Inspiron and have been trying to edit video but cannot find the Create project button that was on my old photos app on my old laptop. The app version is Microsoft Photos 2019.19071.12548.0 © 2019 Microsoft Corporation. I updated the laptop since getting...
  5. Transfer/Migrate Photo App Video Projects to New Computer

Transfer/Migrate Photo App Video Projects to New Computer: Greetings, How does one transfer Video Projects created on the Photos App to a new computer? Currently my old computer's hard drive is in a docking station connected to my new computer via USB3, and it is now the "F" drive of my new computer. After using PCmover...
  6. How to create custom video projects

How to create custom video projects: How can I create custom video on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-custom-video-projects/98fe164e-42d8-462f-a2b5-8abd5dccc87c
  7. Windows Video Projects in the Photos app

Windows Video Projects in the Photos app: How can I export the video, every time i try the 'finish video' it loads for a bit, the percent goes up- but then stops around 70 and I get this: Unsupported video type or invalid file path, so 1- what video type does it need to be, and how can i change or check that? 2-...
  8. Photos Video Project

Photos Video Project: I just completed a 1-1/2 hour video project using Microsoft Photos. I want to download to my computer. I tried "sharing" to onedrive, but it only shares the video clips not the completed video project. Also I get a message that "larger videos will be removed". Is there any...
  9. How do I duplicate a video project made with Windows 10 photos app?

How do I duplicate a video project made with Windows 10 photos app?: Hi. How do I duplicate a video project made with Windows 10 photos app? There's no mechanism to copy and paste a project. Where is the project file stored? Backing up to onedrive just stores a copy of the video clip within the project, not the actual project itself so...
  10. Video projects in photo app

Video projects in photo app: how do you finish and finalize the video project in photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-projects-in-photo-app/5095e798-b5b3-41df-9008-64c7144742c0