Windows 10: How Do I Create a PIN to log into Windows 10

Discus and support How Do I Create a PIN to log into Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a Local, Administrator Account. I do not use a password to log into Windows 10 (I know, but I am alone). When I try to set up a PIN in Log-in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NonNerd, Aug 9, 2021.

1. NonNerd Win User

How Do I Create a PIN to log into Windows 10

I have a Local, Administrator Account. I do not use a password to log into Windows 10 (I know, but I am alone). When I try to set up a PIN in Log-in Options, I get this I do not know what account is wanted. My Microsoft Account password is not accepted nor is leaving the field empty. What do I use or how to get around this. Thanks, anyone.

:)

NonNerd, Aug 9, 2021

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 9, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 9, 2021
  4. How Do I Create a PIN to log into Windows 10

Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

How Do I Create a PIN to log into Windows 10

1. How Do I Create a PIN to log into Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create PIN log

2. How do I log into my laptop if windows hello doesn't let me create a pin ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I log into my laptop if windows hello doesn't let me create a pin ?: I have a Lenovo laptop that i knew had a little problem with Microsoft accounts, but a few days ago just started not letting me log in to my laptop. Every time i try to enter just makes me do a whole security thing just to crate a pin btw doesn't let me create the pin, so...
  3. How do I log into my laptop if windows hello doesn't let me create a pin ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I log into my laptop if windows hello doesn't let me create a pin ?: I have a Lenovo laptop that i knew had a little problem with Microsoft accounts, but a few days ago just started not letting me log in to my laptop. Every time i try to enter just makes me do a whole security thing just to crate a pin btw doesn't let me create the pin, so...
  4. How do I log into my laptop if windows hello doesn't let me create a pin ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I log into my laptop if windows hello doesn't let me create a pin ?

6. How do I remove the log in pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the log in pin: This is driving me nuts for the past couple minutes every source I find says disable windows hello but I don't even see that option I'm not on a local account and I'm a admin so why can't I see it...
  7. How do I remove the log in pin

How do I remove the log in pin: This is driving me nuts for the past couple minutes every source I find says disable windows hello but I don't even see that option I'm not on a local account and I'm a admin so why can't I see it...
  8. My screen is stuck on create pin for windows, how do I get to a screen to create the pin?

in Cortana
    My screen is stuck on create pin for windows, how do I get to a screen to create the pin?: Just setting up my new laptop and screen is stuck on create pin for windows. How do I get page to open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-stuck-on-create-pin-for-windows-how/f21f2f63-4607-4372-a1c5-e14f3477e16c
  9. My screen is stuck on create pin for windows, how do I get to a screen to create the pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen is stuck on create pin for windows, how do I get to a screen to create the pin?: Just setting up my new laptop and screen is stuck on create pin for windows. How do I get page to open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-stuck-on-create-pin-for-windows-how/f21f2f63-4607-4372-a1c5-e14f3477e16c
  10. My screen is stuck on create pin for windows, how do I get to a screen to create the pin?