Windows 10: How do I create a power request? (not override)

Discus and support How do I create a power request? (not override) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Here's the deal. For some reason, when I play Fallout 4 (only Fallout 4) if I leave pc idle long enough for my monitor to go to sleep, when it does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sqrly, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Sqrly Win User

How do I create a power request? (not override)

Here's the deal.

For some reason, when I play Fallout 4 (only Fallout 4) if I leave pc idle long enough for my monitor to go to sleep, when it does the PC becomes totally unresponsive requiring a hard reset. I can still hear the game sounds.

The monitor used to sleep and wake normally if I left the game running. The system does not go to sleep while the game is running though.

I know how to create a "requestoverride" to prevent things from keeping the PC from sleeping (which I have none of) but how do I create a "request" to prevent the display from sleeping when the fallout4.exe process is running?

The possible cause of this issue may be the fact that I did not "install" the game. I had previously created a single archive of the entire game, files and folder structure, and I restored that back to it's original logical location.

The reason for doing this is the massive amount of modding I've done and continue to do to the game. When I have it all running with no problems, I make a backup. I may remove it for 6 months then come back and restore it and do another round of heavy modding and it's good to have a backup in case things go wrong, which they often do when running over 160 mods, using custom models and physics, and teaching yourself how to mod the game even deeper.

Windows 10 x64 Pro V1803 Build 17134.345

:)

Sqrly, Oct 23, 2018
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 24, 2018
  4. wolf Win User

True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

Thema:

1. How do I create a power request? (not override) - Similar Threads - create power request

2. How do I create a manuscript?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I create a manuscript?: I need to type a manuscript, and don't want to use anything other than microsoft word in order to meet the requirements of the publisher. How do I get out of the cloud aps and just use Word?...
  3. How do I create a manuscript?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I create a manuscript?: I need to type a manuscript, and don't want to use anything other than microsoft word in order to meet the requirements of the publisher. How do I get out of the cloud aps and just use Word?...
  4. How do I remove something added to powercfg -Requests Override in CMD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove something added to powercfg -Requests Override in CMD?: I tried powercfg -Requests Override because PC didn't go to sleep. Do anyone know the command to undo this? submitted by /u/BuldozerX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mav0zx/how_do_i_remove_something_added_to_powercfg/
  5. How to undo powercfg -Requests Override?

How to undo powercfg -Requests Override?: Can anyone tell how to undo powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE DRIVER "Legacy Kernel in CMD? submitted by /u/BuldozerX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mahtzs/how_to_undo_powercfg_requests_override/
  6. How would I override trusted installer

How would I override trusted installer: How would I override trusted installer on win10 submitted by /u/Wolferus20000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhvjqi/how_would_i_override_trusted_installer/
  7. How do I create a backup?

How do I create a backup?: I’m a Mac guy who got my first windows pc for the first time since windows 7. Im about to wipe my drive and install Arch Linux instead but first I wanna back up my stuff. On mac it’s really simply, you plug in any hard drive and open time machine and with one click literally...
  8. How do I delete powercfg requests overrides?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I delete powercfg requests overrides?: I recently used the "powercfg /requestsoverride" command in an attempt to fix an issue with my display not turning off. Turns out that this didn't help with the issue, and I am wondering if there is any way to delete these overrides or reset to defaults. [ATTACH]...
  9. How do I uninstall Bing search engine? It overrides GoogleChrome!!!

in Cortana
    How do I uninstall Bing search engine? It overrides GoogleChrome!!!: I need GoogleChrome to do business but since I updated to Windows 10 BING overrides every search engine but Edge I want BING to go away how do I uninstall it. Ive gone through every setting and cannot locate it. HELP!...
  10. How do you create a power plan toggle button

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you create a power plan toggle button: Is there some way to create a power plan toggle similar to the brightness toggle when clicking on the battery in the notification area? My googling doesn't seem to come up with anything. 29921