Windows 10: How do I create a registry key?

Discus and support How do I create a registry key? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings, I would like to have a batch script run automatically every time I open the command prompt. Anarticle implies that I need to create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cShane, Jan 4, 2020.

1. cShane Win User

How do I create a registry key?

Greetings,

I would like to have a batch script run automatically every time I open the command prompt. Anarticle implies that I need to create a registry key in this path:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor

How do I do this?

I think the key name is supposed to be AutoRun and the value should be the script I want to run. When I open the registry and click Edit > Run, it shows seven different types of keys that I can create. Which one do I choose?

Someone else asked this question without an answer.

I apologize if I'm not using the right terminology.

Thanks,

Shane.

:)

cShane, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Darkfalz Win User

Can NOT remove ATITool registry key!

It's low priority to stop ATITool from making undeletable class keys in the reigstry?

That's about one rung above spyware.

What bothers me most is that I'm pretty sure you can't protect a registry key by any simple means, something must still be running somewhat that is protecting that key. Even after I manually removed the service. That's what bothers me.

Darkfalz, Jan 4, 2020
  3. asyntax Win User
    ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Frogger Win User

Modded Registry. Want Old Back....

did you try this

To restore the registry
    Open Registry Editor.
    Click Options, and then click Print to print these instructions. (If you are using the Help and Support Center, click Print above the topic area.) They will not be available after you shut down your computer in step 2.
    Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
    In the list, click Restart, and then click OK.
    When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
    Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
    NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.
    Caution

Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on your computer.
    Notes

To open Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.
    When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, Windows restores information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet only. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain.

Frogger, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I create a registry key? - Similar Threads - create registry key

2. Can I delete a registry key that I just created?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete a registry key that I just created?: I've been struggling to solve a problem for some time now. In Windows, my photos will show thumbnails, but my videos will not. One step an article told me to do, was go to the Registry Editor and follow this path...
  3. Can I delete a registry key that I just created?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete a registry key that I just created?: I've been struggling to solve a problem for some time now. In Windows, my photos will show thumbnails, but my videos will not. One step an article told me to do, was go to the Registry Editor and follow this path...
  4. Can I delete a registry key that I just created?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to Create folder in registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Create folder in registry: \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-folder-in-registry/b4fa7a55-78a8-4ee6-a739-ff1503cc42a2
  6. Change registry value in dynamically created registry key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change registry value in dynamically created registry key: Hello, I need find a way to disable the onboard microphone on a number of Windows 10 laptops I am imaging via SCCM OSD. After a lot of research it seems the best way to do this is by changing a registry value that controls whether the mic is enabled or disabled. I've...
  7. How to create a Registry Key in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create a Registry Key in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Windows Registry is a collection of settings that Windows and applications can use. It is a directory which stores settings and options for the operating system for Microsoft Windows. It contains information and settings for all the hardware, operating...
  8. How to create Virtual Registry

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to create Virtual Registry: How can I create and manage a virtual registry? How to use it so that only selected programs use a virtual registry? How can I close access to it? I read docs.microsoft, but there is not all the information that interests me. Appreciate your help. 122151
  9. How do I create a Password Reset key

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I create a Password Reset key: I've looked at the instructions but the option to create a Password Reset Key is not where it should be (Control Panel>User Accounts). Need help! 74624
  10. Prevent application to create a registry key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent application to create a registry key: Hi, is it possible to prevent certain application to create a registry key in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software registry location? That registry key causes some problems - when I delete it manually problems are solved but every so often key gets created as soon as...