Windows 10: How do I create a setup that doesn't create a system reverve partition

Discus and support How do I create a setup that doesn't create a system reverve partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I create a setup that doesn't create a system reserved partition? How is it done? John 106980 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RBCC, Mar 28, 2018.

1. RBCC Win User

How do I create a setup that doesn't create a system reverve partition

Can I create a setup that doesn't create a system reserved partition? How is it done? John

:)

2. How do I create a Windows 10 Recovery Partition?

Hi,

We would like to know if you still need help with your concern. Give us a nudge if you need assistance.

Regards.

Marvin Barc, Mar 28, 2018
  3. How do I create a Windows 10 Recovery Partition?

I have a computer that has a Windows 10 Recovery Partition. It was automatically created when I wiped out the SSD and re-installed Windows 10 after I had trouble with the partition sizes of the recovery and system being too small.

I have another computer that I am working on that needed the HDD replaced. When I installed a new SSD drive and installed Windows 10 on it, it did not create a recovery partition. Is there a way to create a recovery partition on this drive? I do not want
    to have another USB recovery drive. I already have one. I just want a working recovery partition like on my other computer. How do I do this?

Moved from:

Windows /Windows 10 /Install,
    upgrade, & activate

SAGB - MCET, Mar 28, 2018
  4. SIW2 Win User

I assume you are planning to use bios boot and mbr partitioning?

If so, create an active partition on the target hard drive before proceeding with the installation.

5. RBCC Win User
    Its mbr. But I don't want the system reserved partition, is there something I do in my answer file to do this?

6. AddRAM Win User
    Unplug any and all other drives except the drive you want to install Windows on, just unplug the power cables.

If you have a data partition on the drive you intend to install windows, DO NOT delete or format it, leave it alone.

If not and you want to use the entire drive for windows, then delete the entire drive to unallocated space, then create the install partition.

You simply setup the drive before hand, so you have 1 active primary partition made up out of the entire drive, or at least 1 install partition if you have some massive OS drive.

You can do it with a Partition Wizard Boot CD, or use Diskpart to setup the partition with your install DVD or USB Stick.

I always setup a Active MBR Primary partition for Windows, I hate having those other partitions.

It should look like this. The only thing missing is a page file, I don`t use one.

DISKPART : At PC Startup - Windows 7 Help Forums

SSD Alignment - Windows 7 Help Forums

AddRAM, Mar 28, 2018
  7. AddRAM Win User
    Another simple way is to hook the drive up to another PC and create the install partition with Partition Wizard.

Right click on the drive you intend to use to bring up the drop down menu.

1) Delete the entire drive to unallocated space. Assuming you have no other partitions you want to keep.
    2) Create a Primary partition out of the entire drive
    3) Format it NTFS
    4) Mark it Active
    5) Align it

Click Apply (top left corner) to do each step or do all steps then click Apply, either way works, but I do 1 step at a time.

Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I create a setup that doesn't create a system reverve partition - Similar Threads - create setup doesn't

2. Creating Recovery and EFI System Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating Recovery and EFI System Partition: Hello,I've just installed Windows 10 on my new SSD and formatted the HDD that had Windows 10 on it before. I just realized in Disk Management that the old HDD has the Recovery and EFI System Partitions. How would I go about adding those to the SSD instead?Thanks....
  3. How to create - or convert - partitions in a Legacy MBR/BIOS setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to create - or convert - partitions in a Legacy MBR/BIOS setup: I have just upgraded a Lenovo T430 laptop from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro (version 20H2) with the excellent help of Brink's tutorial. I chose an in-place upgrade as I wanted to retain some of the settings and apps from the Win7 setup (I have no critical personal data on this...
  4. Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition

in Windows 10 News
    Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition: [ATTACH]If you encounter the Windows setup error message Setup was unable to create a […] This article Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. creating partitions

creating partitions: I want to partition a new HDD. Could some please explain the best way f doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-partitions/b404630c-dc77-40f2-a8a0-972357c75bf4
  6. Choose where the System Partition is created.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Choose where the System Partition is created.: I'm having issues with Windows Server 2016 installing the system partition on the incorrect drive however, it's just like windows 10 in this regard. There are no directly attached storage devices other than the DVD drive. There are 2 raid controllers. The first raid...
  7. How to create a System Reserved Partition???

How to create a System Reserved Partition???: In my laptop, i have 2 drives,first one is 1TB HDD which is completely empty and have no System Reserved Partition but second one is 120GB SSD, in which the windows 10 is installed and it also do have 549MB System Reserved partition. My question is there any to way to create...
  8. Create partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Create partition: Any guide on create partition ? 124529
  9. Create partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Create partition: Any guide on create partition ? 124529
  10. Setup: Could not create new partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup: Could not create new partition: Hello everyone, Just tried to reinstall my windows. Everything works fine untill I select the drive on which the os should be installed. The error "could not create new partition" pops up. Already searched for it on the internet and pretty much the same solution comes up...