Windows 10: How do i create a shortcut to restart explorer.exe?

Discus and support How do i create a shortcut to restart explorer.exe? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sometimes when Windows Explorer crashes, opening Task Manager with Ctrl+Alt+Delete takes awhile and sometimes i don't think it will pull up. I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Double, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Double Win User

How do i create a shortcut to restart explorer.exe?

Sometimes when Windows Explorer crashes, opening Task Manager with Ctrl+Alt+Delete takes awhile and sometimes i don't think it will pull up. I would like to create a shortcut to restart explorer.exe from the desktop if possible, but how?

:)

Double, Apr 15, 2016

2. How do I create a keyboard shortcut to reduce volume of playback audio device?

Hi,

We encourage you to submit your concern with keyboard shortcut to reduce volume of playback audio device using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details
    and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently
    to see the status of your feedback items.

For more information on Feedback Hub, see our support article and
    YouTube video.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.

2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.

3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.

4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.

5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.

6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.

7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).

8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share. .

9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like URL Manager<unique link>).

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 15, 2016
  3. How do I create a keyboard shortcut to reduce volume of playback audio device?

Hello and thank you for taking a moment to consider assisting with my question!

I play a game that has audio issues, and I need to be able to press a key that can lower the volume of my playback device by 30%, or some granular control over the volume level through a keyboard shortcut.

I'm on Windows 10, my keyboard is the Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire, and the audio device I need to control is an Astro Mixamp (connected through USB).

The keyboard has a wheel and mute button integrated for volume control, and it will work with windows volume but does not control the Astro Mixamp.

Any thoughts you may have on how I can implement such control are greatly appreciated!

P.S.

I don't want to use AutoHotKey as it can interfere with games built in anti-cheat systems.

Rx Chem Dog, Apr 15, 2016
  4. derekimo Win User

derekimo, Apr 15, 2016
  5. Double Win User
    Hey that's a better alternative, this way you don't have to look at, or rely on a shortcut the whole time. This is great, thanks :]

Double, Apr 15, 2016
  6. derekimo Win User
    You're welcome, I agree about not having to look at or rely on a shortcut. *Smile

derekimo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do i create a shortcut to restart explorer.exe? - Similar Threads - create shortcut restart

2. How do I create shortcuts for apps in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I create shortcuts for apps in Windows 11?: I am unable to drag and drop apps onto desktop. When using the Start menu method, I am unable to find and/or access apps in windows apps because access is restricted. This is extremely frustrating!...
  3. How do I create a desktop shortcut for File History?

How do I create a desktop shortcut for File History?: I am having a problem creating a desktop shortcut for File History in windows 11. When I right click the desktop, and click on NEW followed by SHORTCUT, I get a message box asking me to type the location of the item. Do any of you know the LOCATION of File History? * Moved...
  4. How do I creat a network shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I creat a network shortcut?: I have created a shared folder on my linux machine and would like to access it from my windows machine. I am trying to create a shortcut on my windows desktop that links to the folder on the linux desktop using the location "\\<ipaddress>\<shared_folder>". Windows security...
  5. How do I creat a network shortcut?

How do I creat a network shortcut?: I have created a shared folder on my linux machine and would like to access it from my windows machine. I am trying to create a shortcut on my windows desktop that links to the folder on the linux desktop using the location "\\<ipaddress>\<shared_folder>". Windows security...
  6. How do I Create a Shortcut to the WinDefender Exclusion page?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I Create a Shortcut to the WinDefender Exclusion page?: Win 10 Pro version 1909 OS Build 18363.720 Rather than go through many pages and forgotten prompts to create a folder Exclusion in Win Defender, I'd prefer to create a Desktop shortcut. Using the URI windowsdefender: I can get to the Manage prompt, but no further... Any...
  7. How do I create a shortcut to a file on the network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I create a shortcut to a file on the network?: I have some files (mainly spreadsheets) on the network and need to share some of those with managers I can share the link to the file by email quite easily, I can share the whole folder but dont want to. I Cant share a shortcut by email because Outlook removes it How do I...
  8. How do I create shortcuts on JUST MY profile?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I create shortcuts on JUST MY profile?: Every time I create a shortcut when signed into my profile, it shows up on the other profile's desktops as well. Is there a way to create a shortcut for just me that other profiles don't see?...
  9. How to turn this into a exe shortcut?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn this into a exe shortcut?: How to turn this into a exe shortcut? Press Windows Key +R on the keyboard to open the Run dialog. Then enter "thunderbird.exe -p" Followed this, could not get it to work: How to Run Command Prompt Commands from a Windows Shortcut Code: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c...
  10. How do I create a camera app shortcut on the desktop?

How do I create a camera app shortcut on the desktop?: Instead of pinning the camera app to the taskbar, I'd like it to be a desktop shortcut, but there is no right-click option for that, and I can't find where the camera app folder is located in Windows 10. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks! 44664
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to create restart explorer .exe shortcut on desktop