Windows 10: how do I create a start up disk?

Discus and support how do I create a start up disk? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I create a start up disk for a windows 10 desktop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DonaldStirnweis.com, Dec 31, 2020.

1. how do I create a start up disk?

how do I create a start up disk for a windows 10 desktop?

:)

DonaldStirnweis.com, Dec 31, 2020

2. how to create a start-up disk for windows 10 pro

Hi,

To help you create a recovery drive, we suggest that you try to follow the steps found in the article below:

We would also need to ask you if you are trying to create a bootable USB disk for Windows 10.

Let us know so that we can further help.

Marivel Man, Dec 31, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Dec 31, 2020
  4. geotso Win User

how do I create a start up disk?

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

how do I create a start up disk?

1. how do I create a start up disk? - Similar Threads - create start disk

2. How do I fix start up problems?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix start up problems?: I recently reset my laptop acer aspire 3 and now when I try to log in it says “The user profile service failed the sign-in” and I have no idea how to fix it. Could someone help?...
  3. How do I create a bootable windows 10 disk

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I create a bootable windows 10 disk: I set up a Hello PIN on my home computer and now I cannot even get into my computer. The forgot password just reverts right back to the log in screen. Ican't start my computer on soft mode and basically I am locked out of my computer and can't use it. Can I download a...
  4. creating tool or software for disk start up and burner

creating tool or software for disk start up and burner: creating tool or software for disk start up and burner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-tool-or-software-for-disk-start-up-and/491f980c-86e9-45fd-acb9-72ee4fcae715
  5. Start up disk/recovery disk????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start up disk/recovery disk????: I recently had a friend fix my laptop. It had a malware virus that corrupted it. He left inst. to create a START UP DISK in case my pc gets corrupted again or I would not be able to get in it. He also left inst. to create a RECOVERY DISK. Is there a difference?...
  6. start up disk

start up disk: My Dell (I7 processor, 8 gigs mem) takes approx. 6 minutes to boot up completely. Horrible.... I want to create a start up disk (USB, DVD, whatever it takes) to eliminate the lag time. I don't use 90% of all the stuff that's loading and that's why its probably taking soooooo...
  7. how do i make a start up drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i make a start up drive: Is there a way to make a start-up using a back up drive? If so, how do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-a-start-up-drive/12a496b4-4fb9-461d-81f5-326d730c67db
  8. How do I create a mirror disk?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I create a mirror disk?: I am trying to create a mirror disc, but the option to add a mirror is grayed out no matter what I try. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-create-a-mirror-disk/39879650-127b-41ff-8d18-3527e846a13c
  9. How do I create an slipstream disk for windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I create an slipstream disk for windows 10: I want to create a slipstream disk including the required software included in the iso for future use. Does any one know any tools like RT7 115527
  10. how do i create a back up for win 10 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    how do i create a back up for win 10 ?: I want to have some way of recovering everything just in case things go bad with win 10 17150