Windows 10: How do I create a W10 ICD Deployment on a SSD to install on to itself.

Discus and support How do I create a W10 ICD Deployment on a SSD to install on to itself. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I would really appreciate help with the below query. What I have: I've created a custom deployment for W10 using WICD and placed it on a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mosquito, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Mosquito Win User

How do I create a W10 ICD Deployment on a SSD to install on to itself.

Hi.

I would really appreciate help with the below query.

What I have:
    I've created a custom deployment for W10 using WICD and placed it on a USB Pen Drive.
    It is for internal purposes and it works very well for what it is intended.

Looking to:
    What I really want however is for it to be self included in the drive in which it will be installed, but I am not sure how possible that is. (Dell, HP, etc do something like this on their new machines, don't they?)

In short. I am looking to place this deployment image onto, perhaps a bootable partition on a SSD.
    The hope is that it would boot up, begin the instalation process and install itself on the remaining (empty) partition without wiping itself out.

Currently the USB Pen Drive deployment image boots any drive, begins the instalation and as part of such, wipes the entire drive. The install data is never lost because it is handled by the USB Pen Drive.

How can I:
    1. Generate a RAW partition (perhaps hidden)
    2. Write protect it (keep it from wiping)
    3. Edit the instalation method of the W10 deployment (specify not to auto wipe all by default)
    4. Allow all to be clone-able

I looked around for this information but did not find specifics. I'd gladly read if needed, so even good links will be appreciated.

Big Thanks.

:)

Mosquito, Sep 28, 2016

2. How do I install a new programme with a CD on W10?

There is no setup file listed

ShariHiggins, Sep 28, 2016
  3. How do I install a new programme with a CD on W10?

How do I install a new programme with a CD on W10?

original title: Windows 10

DICKBELLSF, Sep 28, 2016
Thema:

How do I create a W10 ICD Deployment on a SSD to install on to itself.

1. How do I create a W10 ICD Deployment on a SSD to install on to itself. - Similar Threads - create W10 ICD

2. How do I create a .msi installer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I create a .msi installer?: I've tried to read the documentation of Windows Installer Windows Installer - Win32 apps Microsoft LearnBut its just too confusing as it doesn't exactly tells me HOW TO CREATE AN INSTALLER FILE.I want to know the exact steps....
  3. How do I create a .msi installer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I create a .msi installer?: I've tried to read the documentation of Windows Installer Windows Installer - Win32 apps Microsoft LearnBut its just too confusing as it doesn't exactly tells me HOW TO CREATE AN INSTALLER FILE.I want to know the exact steps....
  4. how do I create an association with my default email in w10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I create an association with my default email in w10: I have set 'Mail' as the default email in 'settings, but when I try to send a photo to the email programme I get a dialogue box that tells me that there is no association with an email account and I should make one. How do I do that?...
  5. How do I create a template in W10 Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I create a template in W10 Mail app?: Hi. I searched through the forums, did not find any conclusive threads. Is it even possible to create a template in windows 10 mail app, so I don't have to re-write everything when sending similar emails to different addresses? (i.e. cover letters for jobs, etc) 118563
  6. How do I create a Profile Picture in W10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I create a Profile Picture in W10: Facial recognition not available in Windows Hello setup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-create-a-profile-picture-in-w10/a5136e8e-dd51-4710-9bb9-79dcaa610447"
  7. How do I install W10 to a SATA drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I install W10 to a SATA drive: When I download my free version of Windows 10, I want to install it to my 128gb SATA drive which is now labeled Drive S, and keep my current installation of Win 7 Ultimate on drive C in case I want to revert back to Win 7. How do I install Win 10 on my SATA drive, change...
  8. Windows ICD Deployement Fails - windeploy.exe, 0x80071501

Windows ICD Deployement Fails - windeploy.exe, 0x80071501: This may be bit higher level than what this forum is for. I apologize if I shouldn't post here. I'm cross-posting this here from: Windows ICD Deployement Fails I'm needing help figuring this out. As the title says, I'm using a customized provisioning package with ICD...
  9. How to add applications in Windows ICD when creating an image?

How to add applications in Windows ICD when creating an image?: I've just started using Windows ICD, wanting to create an image for our company computers. I've configured the user accounts and added drivers and other custom settings but would like to see if I can also add in applications to get installed as well. I'm planning using the...
  10. Best way to create W10 Pro reference computer and deploy the image

Best way to create W10 Pro reference computer and deploy the image: Hi All, I've got some new DELL AIO Optiplex 3240s that are now running W10 Pro after successful clean installs. I am needing to set one up as a reference computer and then deploy that image to the rest of them. This is for the small library I work at, so we don't have a...