Windows 10: How do i create a work account to access windows 11?

Discus and support How do i create a work account to access windows 11? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So i got a totally legal copy of windows 11 running on a VM today and I'm halfway through and then microsoft asks for me to sign in with a work/school... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zev Safern, Jul 10, 2024.

1. How do i create a work account to access windows 11?

So i got a totally legal copy of windows 11 running on a VM today and I'm halfway through and then microsoft asks for me to sign in with a work/school account. I found a guide on how to set one up BUT it requires WINDOWS 10 and i use LINUX MINT. I do have a windows VM windows computer, it's too laggy. Can anybody help me?

:)

Zev Safern, Jul 10, 2024

2. Unable to set up new computer with windows 11 work account

Hi Jose,

I followed your suggested steps but the same thing still happens when I complete the out of the box experience setup.

By the way, the only reason the device was even in the device list was because (as a troubleshooting step) I tried creating a local account and then connecting to my work account to verify that the windows install was working properly. So I'm not surprised I still got the same result How do i create a work account to access windows 11? :(

Mattias Flander, Jul 10, 2024
  3. How to create a Local account in Windows 11

Windows 11, the latest Operating system by Microsoft is released on October 5th, 2021. When you set up a device for the first time, the user is strongly recommended to use Microsoft Account as it offers a lot of advantages compared to a Local account. For Home editions, there is no option to create a local account during the first run. Afterwards you have set your primary account as Microsoft Account, you can create a Local account if you need. This article shows how to Create a new Local account in Windows 11.

Microsoft Account vs Local account

A Local account is a kind of Offline account, where the detail is limited to only one PC. No data is synced over to other computers, and for apps that require sign in, need to be signed in separately using a Microsoft Account.

A Microsoft Account is an online account, which uses your email and password to sign in to the computer. It offers more security, provides more recovery options in case you forget your PIN or Password, Sync your themes, apps and settings to the other devices with the same Microsoft account, reduces activation hassle etc etc. One of my personal favorites is OneNote app - If I note something on a notebook, I can quickly access them on another computer as long as I am using the same Microsoft Account. In Windows 11, the start menu has a separate section for the files you recently accessed, provided they are on another computer.

How to Create a Local account in Windows 11

I list 3 methods to Create Local account in Windows 11 apart from the Settings app which is known to all, starting from the UI to the command line.

1. Create a Local account using netplwiz

• Press Win+R Keys to open Run dialog box.
    • Type netplwiz and press enter.
    • Click Add button.

How do i create a work account to access windows 11? 6376d4f0-bc42-432e-8590-8beacb2c3f5b?upload=true.png

• Click Sign in without a Microsoft Account. For Windows 10 Home, if you do not see that option, disconnect from the Internet.
    • Click Local account if prompted.
    • Type the username you want, and the password. You must also specify a hint. Click Next.

How do i create a work account to access windows 11? 69c640ab-7693-41f5-a79e-ad9f178dacd0?upload=true.png

• Click Finish.
    • Log off and log in to the new account.
    Add a Local account using command Prompt.

Microsoft also offers an option to create a Local account using Command line. To create a Local account using Command Prompt(You can also use Terminal or Windows Powershell), see the steps below:

• Type cmd in the search, right-click it and press enter. Alternatively, press Win+R, type cmd in Run and Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
    • Execute the command in the following format:
    net user "<Username>" "<Password>" /add

• Replace <Username> with the desired username, and <Password> with the desired password.

How do i create a work account to access windows 11? 308cf659-4aee-4f07-b063-f34a73858e3d?upload=true.png

These steps can show you how to add a new local user account to Windows 11. If you want, you can promote the account from a standard account(by default), to an administrator that can make system wide changes, using the steps below:

• Go to: Settings>Accounts>Family and other users.
    • Under Other users, click "Change Account type".
    • Change it to Administrator.

How do i create a work account to access windows 11? 031d1608-1a59-428c-8d53-93b9ab0e9f18?upload=true.png

How do i create a work account to access windows 11? 37700570-77fa-4b5f-8df2-14ea3b813f6e?upload=true.png
    Sumit (@_sumitdhiman) / Twitter

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Jul 10, 2024
  4. angus Win User

How do i create a work account to access windows 11?

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

How do i create a work account to access windows 11?

1. How do i create a work account to access windows 11? - Similar Threads - create account access

2. How do I create a local account in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I create a local account in windows 11?: How do you creat a local account in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-create-a-local-account-in-windows-11/325bef35-52be-4114-abad-a9d9913eb30b
  3. How do I create a local account in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I create a local account in windows 11?: How do you creat a local account in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-create-a-local-account-in-windows-11/325bef35-52be-4114-abad-a9d9913eb30b
  4. How do i create a work account to access windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i create a work account to access windows 11?: So i got a totally legal copy of windows 11 running on a VM today and I'm halfway through and then microsoft asks for me to sign in with a work/school account. I found a guide on how to set one up BUT it requires WINDOWS 10 and i use LINUX MINT. I do have a windows VM windows...
  5. How to create a local account in Windows 11 with restriction to access internet and USB...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create a local account in Windows 11 with restriction to access internet and USB...: Dear all,I am using Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, OS build: 22631.3593. I am the admin user of the PC.I want to create a local user for my staff to read some confidential documents. Therefore, I need to restrict that local user to access internet and USB storage, i.e. no...
  6. How do I remove an external work account from Windows 11 that I no longer have access to?

How do I remove an external work account from Windows 11 that I no longer have access to?: Teams is telling me that there is a problem with one of my accounts. There is nowhere in Windows 11 to remove it. I'm guessing that's because I've never logged into it since the Windows 11 install. The Microsoft MyAccount Organizations page shows the account, but I cannot...
  7. How do I access my local account on Windows 11 after signing in with a work or school account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I access my local account on Windows 11 after signing in with a work or school account?: I set up my computer with a local admin account not a Microsoft account or a "work or school account" on Windows 11 Enterprise. Then I added a work account, which I gave standard privileges not an admin. Now, when I go to the login screen, I'm only given access to "work or...
  8. How do I access my local account on Windows 11 after signing in with a work or school account?

How do I access my local account on Windows 11 after signing in with a work or school account?: I set up my computer with a local admin account not a Microsoft account or a "work or school account" on Windows 11 Enterprise. Then I added a work account, which I gave standard privileges not an admin. Now, when I go to the login screen, I'm only given access to "work or...
  9. How do I remove an old work account I no longer have access to in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove an old work account I no longer have access to in Windows 11?: It is not listed under work & school so I can't use that to disconnect.Under email & accounts, I can select manage, and then I select to remove this account from your device, but then it just gets stuck loading and never actually removes the account. I no longer have access...
  10. How do I remove an old work account I no longer have access to in Windows 11?

How do I remove an old work account I no longer have access to in Windows 11?: It is not listed under work & school so I can't use that to disconnect.Under email & accounts, I can select manage, and then I select to remove this account from your device, but then it just gets stuck loading and never actually removes the account. I no longer have access...