Windows 10: How do I create an album folder manually?

Discus and support How do I create an album folder manually? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I rip music using Windows Media Player, the folder that stores the album's tracks has an image of the open folder, and the image of the front of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JOSHSKORN, Jun 30, 2021.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

How do I create an album folder manually?

When I rip music using Windows Media Player, the folder that stores the album's tracks has an image of the open folder, and the image of the front of the album. I have a few album folders that I created manually, thus no rip involved, nor an album cover. How can I manually create an album folder using a specific picture?

:)

JOSHSKORN, Jun 30, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User

Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album

I solved it by doing the following! I'm not sure which step cracked the problem.

1. Set indexing to index the content of my music files by right clicking on the top level folder, setting the option and applying to all files and sub-folders
    2. Rebuilt the index via the Control Panel Indexing options
    3. Deleted the folders watched in Groove
    4. Deleted the Groove database at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_<random>\LocalState\Database
    5. Started Groove
    6. Reassigned the folders to watch

All songs now appear with the right artist & album but some album art was missing in Groove and Media Player despite being displayed correctly in iTunes. I manually updated the missing album art in Media Player and Groove then synchronised to match the Media Player album art.

Steve C, Jun 30, 2021
  3. AsterT1 Win User
    Is there a way to create albums based on folders in Windows Photos?

Hi Whitling2k,

I am Aster, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to help you with your problem.

Unfortunately, it would not be possible to automate the process of creating albums from folders. You would have to manually create the album and select the photos that you want to be in that album.

If you wish, you may suggest to Microsoft's feedback hub for such a feature to be implemented here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/402156...

Hope this clarifies, thank you.

AsterT1, Jun 30, 2021
  4. How do I create an album folder manually?

Albums are not being created automatically

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

The Photos app creates albums for you from groups of related photos. Not all of the related photos will be in each album. If you have several similar photos, it’ll select what looks like the best one. You can always edit the album if you prefer different
    photos.

Where, Screenshots, Saved Pictures and Camera Rolls are the albums which system will create automatically for you. You can follow the below mentioned steps to Create and Edit albums as per your requirement.

Create an album

• Open the Photos app, select Albums, select +, and then

• Select your photos, and then select Done (the check mark).

• Select Change cover, choose the photo you want at the top, and then select
      Done.

• Select the title text and type a new title.

• Select Save.

Edit album

• Open the album in the Photos app, select Edit (the pencil), and do any of the following:

• Select Add or remove photos, select the ones you want, and then select
        Done.

• Select Change cover, choose a new photo, and then select Done.

• Select the title and type a new title.

• Select Save.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

How do I create an album folder manually?

1. How do I create an album folder manually? - Similar Threads - create album folder

2. How do i create folders based on a Document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i create folders based on a Document: HelloI have 300+ Documents and i need to create 300+ folders based on the name of the document names and put the documents into the corresponding foldersis there a quick way to do this?Thank you...
  3. How do i create folders based on a Document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i create folders based on a Document: HelloI have 300+ Documents and i need to create 300+ folders based on the name of the document names and put the documents into the corresponding foldersis there a quick way to do this?Thank you...
  4. How do i create a new Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i create a new Documents folder?: My Documents folder in my C: Disk has disappeared because it fused with my Onedrive a while ago. While removing my documents folder in my OneDrive it removed my Documents folder aswell. So here i am asking how do i create a new Documents folder and set it up?...
  5. How do i create a new Documents folder?

How do i create a new Documents folder?: My Documents folder in my C: Disk has disappeared because it fused with my Onedrive a while ago. While removing my documents folder in my OneDrive it removed my Documents folder aswell. So here i am asking how do i create a new Documents folder and set it up?...
  6. How do i create a new Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Is there a way to create albums based on folders in Windows Photos?

Is there a way to create albums based on folders in Windows Photos?: Title says it all really. I'm moving a large 20+ year photo library from the now defunct Google Picasa application to Windows Photos, and all my photographs are stored very neatly by folders. I know I am going to lose a lot of my organisation when I move my library over,...
  8. Create a folder for album saved in Photos , or, how to transfer an album saved in photos...

Create a folder for album saved in Photos , or, how to transfer an album saved in photos...: Unable to transfer an Album 300photos in Photos to burn to a DVD or disc How to Create a file folder to transfer the album to - or actually transfer the album so I could burn to a dvd...
  9. Folders and Albums

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders and Albums: Can't seem to find anything when googling for this. Creating albums using Windows Photos app from images that are in my Mega folder. Was wondering if I can just directly add folders or drag and drop images into the album as its a bit tedious sorting through the many images....
  10. How to create a photo album

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create a photo album: Create an album by opening 'Photos', select 'Create > Album'. Select the pictures you want to include, then select 'Create'. For more info click here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/tips/home/photo-basics#createalbumphotos [ATTACH]...