Windows 10: How do I create boot configurations on a drive without it.

Discus and support How do I create boot configurations on a drive without it. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need someone to either point me to a tutorial that actually works, or explain what I must do. I need to boot this drive with win10 already installed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tenbens, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Tenbens Win User

How do I create boot configurations on a drive without it.

I need someone to either point me to a tutorial that actually works, or explain what I must do. I need to boot this drive with win10 already installed. I pulled the drive out of a machine with a dual boot windows 10 on both drives. The other drive is where the boot configurations are stored. So, naturally this drive does not have any boot configurations. It does not even have a boot folder. I tried to manually create a bcd store with bcdedit, but clearly I'm not doing this right because I keep getting system device cannot be found errors. In the recovery environment command line, diskpart does not list this drive as 0, nor does it list the win10 volume as 0. I don't know if that matters. Anyway, there has got to be a process for this. Can someone please let me know what it is? The BIOS is set to legacy boot, MBR, not UEFI. There is no boot or recovery partition on this drive, since that was handled by the other drive. If there is a way without creating them, that would be preferable. Thank you. I know a few of you will want to tell me bootrec, but it's more than just that.

:)

Tenbens, Jul 25, 2021
  2. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Jul 25, 2021
  3. RahulKAR Win User
    boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry

The March 1 KB update is the culprit. Same thing happened with my old PC. Did what you have suggested here and it was solved.

RahulKAR, Jul 25, 2021
  4. How do I create boot configurations on a drive without it.

Help! Failure trying to create a recovery drive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while creating the recovery drive on Widows 10 with error: "We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.", we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of the recovery partition is not created during Windows setup, and will be unavailable for Windows to access and use for the purposes of copying recovery files to a CD or USB, resulting in the error above.

To fix the problem explained above, it is necessary to copy the appropriate files from the Windows 10 DVD to your PC, so that Windows can access and use them to create the recovery drive. Then, the recovery agent is configured with the new path to the setup
    files and the creation can proceed.

Refer: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Follow the below steps:

• Copy the contents of the Windows DVD to a folder on your C:\ drive.
    • Launch an elevated command prompt window by typing in “cmd” in the search menu, and then pressing + + .
    • Type in the following to re-configure Windows to point to the correct setup files location:
    • reagentc /disable
    • reagentc /setosimage /path C:\Win10\
    • reagentc /enable
    4. Verify the commands worked by typing in the following:

• reagentc /info

Later, I suggest you to try creating the recovery drive as suggested in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Creating a recovery drive

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

How do I create boot configurations on a drive without it.

1. How do I create boot configurations on a drive without it. - Similar Threads - create boot configurations

2. How do I boot off a recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I boot off a recovery drive?: So I've got this laptop ASUS X54C and it had Windows 10, so I want to install Windows 7 on it. I knew that on almost every computer theres a Recovery partition. But this one had it blank. So I formatted it, found a image of Recovery drive on archive.org and burned it to...
  3. How do I boot off a recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I boot off a recovery drive?: So I've got this laptop ASUS X54C and it had Windows 10, so I want to install Windows 7 on it. I knew that on almost every computer theres a Recovery partition. But this one had it blank. So I formatted it, found a image of Recovery drive on archive.org and burned it to...
  4. How do I go through sign in without creating a Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I go through sign in without creating a Pin: In one of my posts I said that my USB keyboard stopped working. My laptop is asking me to create a Pin. I can't create a Pin because my keyboard doesn't work. Is there anything I can do...
  5. How do I create a new local user without bloat?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I create a new local user without bloat?: I freshly installed windows10 and de-bloated my admin account. Now I want to create a new user. But the new user comes with everything reset, all the shitty live-tiles in the start menu. I really don't want to go through deinstalling all of it again. Is there a simple way to...
  6. How do I create a hotspot without an internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I create a hotspot without an internet connection: Windows Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763. I wish to use my laptop/surface to share files via wifi to multiple devices ( streaming movies from my HDD). So I think I need to create a hotspot. Where I am using this is in the bush so there is no internet and I dont need it. How...
  7. On a Lenovo with Win 10, how do you boot with the configuration for drive order change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    On a Lenovo with Win 10, how do you boot with the configuration for drive order change: I am using a LENOVO ThinkCenter M Series. I have tried most of the typical key sequences to bring up the computer configuration so it will boot on the CD/DVD drive. Somehow getting older and using different computers this has never been a problem. Usually it was hitting the...
  8. How do I configure SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I configure SSD: Hello, I have a SSD and 1TB hard drive on my laptop. Windows is installed on SSD, I want max performance on SSD cashing etc. How do I make sure that all is configured correctly on my laptop....
  9. How do I Configure Bitlocker on Windows 10 Pro without TPM?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I Configure Bitlocker on Windows 10 Pro without TPM?: How do I Configure Bitlocker on Windows 10 Pro without TPM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-configure-bitlocker-on-windows-10-pro/bb79954a-27d9-471d-8d04-1c487215dddf"
  10. How do I create a bootable USB drive with an ISO?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I create a bootable USB drive with an ISO?: Tried looking this up online, but couldn't find any specific information. I'm running on Windows 10 Home, and I have a Windows 10 ISO I want to put in a flash drive so it's bootable. How do I do this? 29400