Windows 10: How do I create custom categories in the start menu? w10

Discus and support How do I create custom categories in the start menu? w10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; With the amount of software installed on a modern work PC you need the possibility of creating custom categories in your start menu, something which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikaelPersson__, Mar 30, 2020.

1. How do I create custom categories in the start menu? w10

With the amount of software installed on a modern work PC you need the possibility of creating custom categories in your start menu, something which was removed in windows 10. Is there a built in way of doing this or is the only option to install a skin or start menu replacement?

:)

MikaelPersson__, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Relax Win User

Start Menu Customization

What symbol are u using to make them appear on top of the list?

Relax, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Start Menu Customization

In a manner of speaking, yes.
    Basically you need to create custom shortcuts in the folders that the originals reside in:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    and
    C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

How do I create custom categories in the start menu? w10 [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

How do I create custom categories in the start menu? w10

create folders in start menu to organize

You need to go to the specified location, (highlighted), and create folders and shortcuts of the one you want to show on the Start Menu, then possibly 'hide' the rest.

How do I create custom categories in the start menu? w10 [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

How do I create custom categories in the start menu? w10

1. How do I create custom categories in the start menu? w10 - Similar Threads - create custom categories

2. Customize the taskbar or create application groups on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize the taskbar or create application groups on Start Menu: Where is the ability to customize!? why can you not create app groups on the start menu, or on the taskbar. this needs fixed. this makes things much harder to find and run. i want to group my photo apps into a folder called photo apps and have them accessible on the taskbar...
  3. Customize the taskbar or create application groups on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customize the taskbar or create application groups on Start Menu: Where is the ability to customize!? why can you not create app groups on the start menu, or on the taskbar. this needs fixed. this makes things much harder to find and run. i want to group my photo apps into a folder called photo apps and have them accessible on the taskbar...
  4. How do I further customize the pinned items in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I further customize the pinned items in the start menu?: [ATTACH] I'd like to add a picture to the background of some of these programs, sorta like live tile. Is there a way to do that? (Also, the 2 covered tiles are the weather and photos tiles) A lot of the shortcuts just have the default accent color, which I don't like....
  5. How to create a USB that boots to a Custom menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create a USB that boots to a Custom menu: Created a bootable USB with Rufus. Would like to make a custom menu. What should I do? 169357
  6. How can the Start Menu be customized?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can the Start Menu be customized?: I was able to determine the three folders that contain the Start Menu items here: Windows 10: why can't I customize the Start Menu . I was then able to add "Microsoft Office" to the Start Menu, but only if I put it in ...\users\username. Trying to create the Microsoft...
  7. How do I pin a custom shortcut to the Start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I pin a custom shortcut to the Start menu?: I found an article about how to do this that described this method: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3wnohc/is_there_a_way_to_pin_custom_shortcuts_to_the/ but this doesn't work. There are only a handful of folders and shortcuts in this folder, not anywhere near the...
  8. Start Menu Customization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Customization: Hi all If this post is a repeat of an existing topic, I apologize, I couldn't find anything in my searches. I'm trying to customize the Windows 10 start menu and I'm running into an issue with grouped boxes (the icons boxes created by placing one icon on top of another,...
  9. Customizing the Start Menu

Customizing the Start Menu: Is there a way to customize the Start Menu so I can remove the ABC letters & also place shortcuts into folders? What I mean is this: In 7, after I install a program, I can R-click the Orb & select (If I remember correctly) Properties or Open Windows Explorer. Opening Windows...
  10. How do i customize the start menu?

How do i customize the start menu?: So basically what i want to do, is to remove everything from the start menu, and add what i want. I dont want to see a list of all apps i have or whatever else it shows me. I just want it gone, plain and simple, and to add what i feel is important. Under "Most used" i...