Windows 10: How do i create default folders in my dual / secondary drive?

Discus and support How do i create default folders in my dual / secondary drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I want these default folders and subfolders in my dual drive. I did it before through windows 10 . I don't want to create these manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Snehil Mak, Apr 9, 2020.

1. How do i create default folders in my dual / secondary drive?

How do i create default folders in my dual / secondary drive? a5f35a6a-cd29-421b-8eb3-8fb8d9433406?upload=true.png

I want these default folders and subfolders in my dual drive. I did it before through windows 10 .

I don't want to create these manually but using built in windows application

:)

Snehil Mak, Apr 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 9, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User
    Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

There are two tools essential tools that everyone one should always have - Macrium Reflect Free and a dishwasher. *Smile.

cereberus, Apr 9, 2020
  4. jkteddy77 Win User

How do i create default folders in my dual / secondary drive?

Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

Hmm, which is faster. I attempted a Live Linux Drive already but it was very slow and would not boot, not to mention I don't know a thing about using linux.

Would option 2 be easier? I looked at Macrium, but the install steps themselves are confusing me, and I fear not knowing how to navigate it once I boot to it.

EDIT: I installed Macrium Reflect Free, went through these steps to create the media.
    Don't forget to check the UEFI/MBR box if you are attempting this yourself.
    I then booted to it, "browsed my files for an image", but for real, navigate to the WindowsApps folder on your secondary drive, and delete it. It doesn't disappear instantly, but when you exit the drive, and log back into windows, the folder will be gone.

Thanks for the suggestion cereberus!

jkteddy77, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

How do i create default folders in my dual / secondary drive?

1. How do i create default folders in my dual / secondary drive? - Similar Threads - create default folders

2. I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.: Windows 10 I bought a SSD card and made it my primary system. Since the HHD that i used before isn't the system disk anymore, i can delete the WIndows folder right? But i can't. I tried changing the ownership, but it still tells me to get permission from the desktop. i tried...
  3. I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.: Windows 10 I bought a SSD card and made it my primary system. Since the HHD that i used before isn't the system disk anymore, i can delete the WIndows folder right? But i can't. I tried changing the ownership, but it still tells me to get permission from the desktop. i tried...
  4. I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How Do I Change the Default "Optimized Folder For" When Creating a New Folder?

How Do I Change the Default "Optimized Folder For" When Creating a New Folder?: Whenever I use the context menu to create a "New folder" on my desktop New > Folder, the folder is always optimized when created for "Videos" New Folder > Properties > Customize > What kind of folder do you want?. I would like to change this default, automatic customization...
  6. How Do I Change the Default "Optimized Folder For" When Creating a New Folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Change the Default "Optimized Folder For" When Creating a New Folder?: Whenever I use the context menu to create a "New folder" on my desktop New > Folder, the folder is always optimized when created for "Videos" New Folder > Properties > Customize > What kind of folder do you want?. I would like to change this default, automatic customization...
  7. How Do I Change the Default "Optimized Folder For" When Creating a New Folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows created folder on secondary hard drive

Windows created folder on secondary hard drive: Windows 10 is running on the ssd drive c. I have a second drive in the notebook and windows is creating a folder on that drive D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps and when I delete the folder then windows will recreate it.How do I stop this from occurring?Thank you....
  9. Folders being created seemingly randomly on my secondary drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders being created seemingly randomly on my secondary drive: Hey As of a few weeks ago folders have been created on my secondary drive and I have no idea why, I have tried looking around for a solution but haven't been able to find anything that could hint as to why I am having this issue. [img] The folders consist either of no...
  10. how do I access the default-default folder?

how do I access the default-default folder?: I always struggle to find this folder, but it contains old files that I occassionally need, but I don't recall how I did it the last time that was at least a few years ago. Thanks, JS...