Windows 10: How do I create shortcuts for apps in Windows 11?

Discus and support How do I create shortcuts for apps in Windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am unable to drag and drop apps onto desktop. When using the Start menu method, I am unable to find and/or access apps in windows apps because access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mary Boyce, Feb 10, 2024.

1. How do I create shortcuts for apps in Windows 11?

I am unable to drag and drop apps onto desktop. When using the Start menu method, I am unable to find and/or access apps in windows apps because access is restricted. This is extremely frustrating!

:)

Mary Boyce, Feb 10, 2024

2. Windows 11 - Creating desktop shortcut became annoying!!

I have been using Windows 11 for quite some days. And found difficulty in setting the desktop shortcut for apps. In previous Windows versions, we can simply create desktop shortcuts by right-clicking the app and selecting "Send to --> Desktop(create shortcut)". Now it takes 2 to 3 steps to create a shortcut which is annoying. Can we expect this feature to get added in upcoming updates?

Thamizl Mani, Feb 10, 2024
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 10, 2024
  4. How do I create shortcuts for apps in Windows 11?

How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Feb 10, 2024
Thema:

How do I create shortcuts for apps in Windows 11?

1. How do I create shortcuts for apps in Windows 11? - Similar Threads - create shortcuts apps

2. How do I create shortcuts for apps in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I create shortcuts for apps in Windows 11?: I am unable to drag and drop apps onto desktop. When using the Start menu method, I am unable to find and/or access apps in windows apps because access is restricted. This is extremely frustrating!...
  3. How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ?: I have downloaded an app and it is pinned to my taskbar. I can also see it in my “apps & features” , but how do I create a shortcut to it on my desktop?I know it can be done because I already have shortcuts on my desktop to other apps - I just can’t figure out how to do it...
  4. How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ?

How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ?: I have downloaded an app and it is pinned to my taskbar. I can also see it in my “apps & features” , but how do I create a shortcut to it on my desktop?I know it can be done because I already have shortcuts on my desktop to other apps - I just can’t figure out how to do it...
  5. How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How do I creat a network shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I creat a network shortcut?: I have created a shared folder on my linux machine and would like to access it from my windows machine. I am trying to create a shortcut on my windows desktop that links to the folder on the linux desktop using the location "\\<ipaddress>\<shared_folder>". Windows security...
  7. How do I creat a network shortcut?

How do I creat a network shortcut?: I have created a shared folder on my linux machine and would like to access it from my windows machine. I am trying to create a shortcut on my windows desktop that links to the folder on the linux desktop using the location "\\<ipaddress>\<shared_folder>". Windows security...
  8. How do I create shortcuts of apps from the microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I create shortcuts of apps from the microsoft store?: I can't believe that I have to ask this but I can't seem to find ANY option to create a desktop shortcut. On the store it only allows me to pin it to the taskbar, from the start menu there's no option to open the file location of the app so I can manually create one myself,...
  9. how do i create a desktop shortcut for an app in windows 10?

how do i create a desktop shortcut for an app in windows 10?: I just installed "Best Calculator" onto my PC from the MS store, but I can't figure out how to put a shortcut on my desktop. The response to this question posted in 2015 is to drag the icon from the Start page to the Desktop, but I don't think there's any way to display...
  10. How do I create a camera app shortcut on the desktop?

How do I create a camera app shortcut on the desktop?: Instead of pinning the camera app to the taskbar, I'd like it to be a desktop shortcut, but there is no right-click option for that, and I can't find where the camera app folder is located in Windows 10. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks! 44664