Windows 10: How do I create shortcuts of apps from the microsoft store?

Discus and support How do I create shortcuts of apps from the microsoft store? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't believe that I have to ask this but I can't seem to find ANY option to create a desktop shortcut. On the store it only allows me to pin it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_Nexius, May 30, 2020.

1. How do I create shortcuts of apps from the microsoft store?

I can't believe that I have to ask this but I can't seem to find ANY option to create a desktop shortcut.

On the store it only allows me to pin it to the taskbar, from the start menu there's no option to open the file location of the app so I can manually create one myself, and there's also no option to create a shortcut through the start menu.

submitted by /u/_Nexius
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_Nexius, May 30, 2020

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jun 4, 2020
  3. How to create desktop shortcut for newly installed apps from Windows 10 store?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me answer your query on Windows 10.

When you install any app from the store, the app will be in the start menu "all apps" list or on the start menu tiles.

Follow the below steps to place a shortcut for apps from store.

1. Click on the start menu and select all apps.

2. Select the app for which you want a shortcut on the desktop.

3. Click the app and drag the it to the desktop screen.

4. You may follow the same steps to create a shortcut for other apps as well.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Jun 4, 2020
  4. How do I create shortcuts of apps from the microsoft store?

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

How do I create shortcuts of apps from the microsoft store?

1. How do I create shortcuts of apps from the microsoft store? - Similar Threads - create shortcuts apps

2. How do I create shortcuts for apps in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I create shortcuts for apps in Windows 11?: I am unable to drag and drop apps onto desktop. When using the Start menu method, I am unable to find and/or access apps in windows apps because access is restricted. This is extremely frustrating!...
  3. How do I create shortcuts for apps in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I create shortcuts for apps in Windows 11?: I am unable to drag and drop apps onto desktop. When using the Start menu method, I am unable to find and/or access apps in windows apps because access is restricted. This is extremely frustrating!...
  4. How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ?: I have downloaded an app and it is pinned to my taskbar. I can also see it in my “apps & features” , but how do I create a shortcut to it on my desktop?I know it can be done because I already have shortcuts on my desktop to other apps - I just can’t figure out how to do it...
  5. How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ?

How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ?: I have downloaded an app and it is pinned to my taskbar. I can also see it in my “apps & features” , but how do I create a shortcut to it on my desktop?I know it can be done because I already have shortcuts on my desktop to other apps - I just can’t figure out how to do it...
  6. How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why cant i create a shortcut for microsoft store app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant i create a shortcut for microsoft store app: Microsoft, im so sick of yall ****. Like every update yall got a major glitch goin on in the system. And i just saw yall reply to hugo, yall basically said do the same thing that we was having problems with. Exactly why people hold grudges against yall...
  8. Why cant i create a shortcut for microsoft store app

Why cant i create a shortcut for microsoft store app: Microsoft, im so sick of yall ****. Like every update yall got a major glitch goin on in the system. And i just saw yall reply to hugo, yall basically said do the same thing that we was having problems with. Exactly why people hold grudges against yall...
  9. How To Create a Custom Shortcut to a Store App in \WindowsApps

How To Create a Custom Shortcut to a Store App in \WindowsApps: In trying to overcome an apparent Windows 10 bug that makes some icons tiny vs other created shortcuts on the desktop, I thought it better to simply create a new icon, and then use it in creating a desktop link shortcut to the app. For this example I'm looking at the...
  10. How do I create a camera app shortcut on the desktop?

How do I create a camera app shortcut on the desktop?: Instead of pinning the camera app to the taskbar, I'd like it to be a desktop shortcut, but there is no right-click option for that, and I can't find where the camera app folder is located in Windows 10. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks! 44664