Windows 10: How do I customize / control notification area in Win10

Discus and support How do I customize / control notification area in Win10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I control what icons are displayed in the "notification area" is that the right name?.How can I move icons from the "overflow area" to constant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Whooooooooo, Nov 6, 2021.

1. How do I customize / control notification area in Win10

How can I control what icons are displayed in the "notification area" is that the right name?.How can I move icons from the "overflow area" to constant display? And visa versa..I know I used to be able to control it. Is this another user control feature MS has dis"improved"?

:)

Whooooooooo, Nov 6, 2021

2. Customizing Icons in Notification Area

Hello,

I just upgraded my windows 8.1 to 10 today .

I found it hard to manage the Notification Area because it did not have the option like "Show icon and notifications" or "Only show Notifications", but just on and off.

Also there is no address in control panel like "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Notification Area Icons" .

I searched some hints and it seems other windows 10 have the address given above in the control panel . source( http://www.addictivetips.com/window...ide-icons-from-the-system-tray-in-windows-10/ ) .

is there some error in my upgrade why can't i find the Notification Area Icons in the control panel ?

JucelJipos, Nov 6, 2021
  3. ms1406 Win User
    Missing Notification area Icon in Windows 10 control Panel

thanks , but you did not understand the problem.

I have since found the solution wlsewhere:

To add a hidden icon to the notification area

• Click the arrow next to the notification area, and then drag the icon you want to move to the notification area. You can drag as many hidden icons to the notification area as you want.

To
    always show all icons on the taskbar

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click Properties.

• Under Notification area, click Customize.

• Select the Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar check box, and then click
      OK.

ms1406, Nov 6, 2021
  4. Hans L Win User

How do I customize / control notification area in Win10

Startup and Notification area

R]I ran this batch file, but it did not help (which I understand, because Task Manager > Processes does NOT show WinDates).

I am back to the conclusion that Win 10 can run WinDates manually, but not automatically at startup (via link). If I double-click on the link C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\WinDates.lnk, WinDates opens fine.

My next step will be to run a scan of system files to see if something is corrupt. However, any other suggestions are welcome.

Hans L, Nov 6, 2021
Thema:

How do I customize / control notification area in Win10

1. How do I customize / control notification area in Win10 - Similar Threads - customize control notification

2. Windows Notification Area - How do I disable a certain Microsoft notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Notification Area - How do I disable a certain Microsoft notification?: In Windows 10 I get the following daily message in the notification area - "Microsoft account problem: Select here to sign in to your Microsoft account to continue using apps between this device and your other devices". I sign in with a local account and I am aware that if I...
  3. Windows Notification Area - How do I disable a certain Microsoft notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Notification Area - How do I disable a certain Microsoft notification?: In Windows 10 I get the following daily message in the notification area - "Microsoft account problem: Select here to sign in to your Microsoft account to continue using apps between this device and your other devices". I sign in with a local account and I am aware that if I...
  4. Windows Notification Area - How do I disable a certain Microsoft notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I customize / control notification area in Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I customize / control notification area in Win10: How can I control what icons are displayed in the "notification area" is that the right name?.How can I move icons from the "overflow area" to constant display? And visa versa..I know I used to be able to control it. Is this another user control feature MS has dis"improved"?...
  6. How To Customize Notifications Area

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Customize Notifications Area: I am running Windows 10 Home. And here is what I want to try and do. I want to receive only notifications from select "People" that are pinned from my "People" app. Or receive only notifications from select email address from "Mail". I don't even know if I can even...
  7. How do I revert "Turn off notifications for [Program X]" in the notification area?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I revert "Turn off notifications for [Program X]" in the notification area?: I turned off notifications for a specific program and I want to turn them back on, but I can't see the program listed in Settings > System > Notifications & actions (also it seems that not not all of the programs with notifications settings are listed there) Thanks :)...
  8. How do I change an icon in the notification area?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change an icon in the notification area?: Also, how do I drag an icon to the notification area? Thank you. 110494
  9. Notification area customize

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area customize: Hi I have 9600 machines I manage in a small school system. Is there a way through the registry or GPO to customize what icons are always shown? It seems to be an all or nothing deal. I want certain ones to show and of course students don't have any access to these settings....
  10. Customize the Notification Area Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize the Notification Area Icons: Hi ! In Windows 7 there was a pannel to customize which icons you want to show or hide in the Notification Area. Like this : [img] Does this pannel got deleted in Windows 10 ? If yes, is there a solution to hide/show icons from the notification area ? The options...