Windows 10: How Do I Deactivate the Windows and Get the Product Key?

Discus and support How Do I Deactivate the Windows and Get the Product Key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey I bought a new laptop and It came preisntalled with Windows 10. But I want to use Linux on that computer. Can I deactivate the Windows and get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Enes Kavçakar, Aug 3, 2020.

1. How Do I Deactivate the Windows and Get the Product Key?

Hey I bought a new laptop and It came preisntalled with Windows 10. But I want to use Linux on that computer. Can I deactivate the Windows and get the product key to activate another computer?

:)

Enes Kavçakar, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Phusius Win User

How do I get Windows 7 to install on a full 3 TB HDD?

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. Giving this a shot now. I already try converting to GPT once already and it worked, but still only showed 2 TB, however, the steps listed your link Newteki have a few added steps I did not do. Also, I decided to go with Windows 8 Pro since Windows 7 was giving me so much trouble with this issue, yet it still gave me the same problems of only showing 2 TB then a separate 700ish GB drive.

Here goes nothing, thanks all, will be reporting back soon, hozzah!

Phusius, Aug 3, 2020
  3. deactivate windows product key

How do I deactivate a Windows product key from another computer? All the answers I found refer to deactivating a product key on the same machine but I can't do that because the the machine was reinstalled with Linux without deactivating the product key.
    My case is specifically for Windows 7 but for the sake of the question if there's a method that works for all versions of Windows that be preferred.

Thanks.

P.S. for the topic category I said activate since I'm looking to deactivate the license so I can reactivate it.

thinker101, Aug 3, 2020
  4. How Do I Deactivate the Windows and Get the Product Key?

How do I get Windows 7 to install on a full 3 TB HDD?

You may could divide into two partitions 1.5GB a piece and that would be easier.

brandonwh64, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

How Do I Deactivate the Windows and Get the Product Key?

1. How Do I Deactivate the Windows and Get the Product Key? - Similar Threads - Deactivate Product Key

2. How do i get my product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get my product key: I'm failing to get my product key for activation because i don't know where it was stored. I'm using HP 250 G8 NoteBook PC with windows 10 professional. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-product-key/e685007c-9c3e-4c6e-b435-faad8ef079aa
  3. Product key not deactivating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key not deactivating: I want to transfer my Windows 11 Pro account to a new PC. I ran the commands to deactivate the product key and removed my existing pc from the account. However, it is not deactivated and the other PC can't find the product key.Here's a screenshot. The pc still says that it's...
  4. Product key not deactivating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key not deactivating: I want to transfer my Windows 11 Pro account to a new PC. I ran the commands to deactivate the product key and removed my existing pc from the account. However, it is not deactivated and the other PC can't find the product key.Here's a screenshot. The pc still says that it's...
  5. how do I get my product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get my product key?: how do I know my product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-product-key/ce8ed8ec-7947-4fbd-a4f7-35442835bfd0
  6. Deactivate product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deactivate product key: Hi, Can anyone guide me on how i can deactivate the key product and move the product key on a new device? The existing win 10 version is an upgrade from win 7 premium. If that helps? TIA...
  7. how do i get a new product key

how do i get a new product key: So i threw my old product key out by accident dont blame me its my first laptop and now i need a new product key how does one go about doing that?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-new-product-key/af1462b4-2ee4-4611-8a71-b101843e7290
  8. how do i get my product key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get my product key?: I am having trouble getting my product key, I tried trouble shooting but all to no avail.... I would really appreciate your help, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-product-key/ef9046d1-e062-4ab9-97c8-7f8ed6970e16
  9. How do you deactivate your windows 10 product key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you deactivate your windows 10 product key?: I activated my windows 10 by using the command prompt method but now I feel like it was not very safe so I was wondering if I can deactivate it so that I can purchase a real windows key. Or if anyone knows, is the command prompt method safe? submitted by /u/olafjansen...
  10. Product Key Deactivation

Product Key Deactivation: Hi all, I bought Windows 10 Home Edition when I built my PC a couple of years ago and I am now going to be selling it to build a new one. I will be keeping my SSD which Windows and other programs are currently installed on, putting in a new one and installing Windows on...