Windows 10: How do I debug Windows?

Discus and support How do I debug Windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sometimes my PC does some weird stuff. Specifically, nearly every day I have to kill and restart explorer.exe, as my start bar just stops working after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PeelyPeel, Nov 7, 2020.

1. How do I debug Windows?

Sometimes my PC does some weird stuff. Specifically, nearly every day I have to kill and restart explorer.exe, as my start bar just stops working after i've done some combination of locking my pc, turning off my screens and then log back in.

I work as a Software Engineer, and when my software breaks I debug it until I find the fault. How do I do that in Windows? Can I even do that? How do I find why explorer has half died? Any ideas appreciated. I have written an AHK script that kills and restarts explorer.exe now to try and make this near daily issue easier to manage.

submitted by /u/PeelyPeel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PeelyPeel, Nov 7, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Ethernet is showing as Kernel Debug Network Adapater

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you see Kernel Debug Network Adapter in Device Manager. This can happen if debugging is turner on. I would suggest you to turn off debugging by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Paste the following commands and hit Enter:

bcdedit /debug off

If you still see the Network Adapter, you can disable it from Device Manager without problems. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, to open
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Network adapters.
    3. Now, right click on the Kernel Debug adapter and select
      Disable device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 7, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 7, 2020
  4. How do I debug Windows?

I get "just-in-time (JIT) debugging" message

Hi,

Just-In-Time debugging launches Visual Studio automatically when an exception or crash occurs in an application that is running outside Visual Studio. We suggest changing certain settings on your computer and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet.
    • Click Internet Options.
    • Go to Advanced tab.
    • Under Browsing section, check the box for both Disable script debugging option.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    For more reference about Just-In-Time Debugger, click on this link.

Update us on the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

How do I debug Windows?

1. How do I debug Windows? - Similar Threads - debug

2. cant use usb debugging on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant use usb debugging on windows 11: I am trying to connect my android device to my windows 11 laptop and the laptop cant detect the phone that is connected. I tried different USB cables and phones and nothing happens. If any of you know fixes please let me know, I need this to work for my school projects as we...
  3. cant use usb debugging on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant use usb debugging on windows 11: I am trying to connect my android device to my windows 11 laptop and the laptop cant detect the phone that is connected. I tried different USB cables and phones and nothing happens. If any of you know fixes please let me know, I need this to work for my school projects as we...
  4. A JavaScript errfor occurred in the main process Uncaught Exception: ReferenceError. debug...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A JavaScript errfor occurred in the main process Uncaught Exception: ReferenceError. debug...: My pc was above 100 degres and after I got this mesage .And I got a red light on my computer and mother board flashing . at GetAddrlnfoReqWrap.callbackevalmachine.<anonymous>:1:416at GetAddrinfoReqWrap.onlookup[as oncomplete] node:dns:71:17...
  5. A JavaScript errfor occurred in the main process Uncaught Exception: ReferenceError. debug...

A JavaScript errfor occurred in the main process Uncaught Exception: ReferenceError. debug...: My pc was above 100 degres and after I got this mesage .And I got a red light on my computer and mother board flashing . at GetAddrlnfoReqWrap.callbackevalmachine.<anonymous>:1:416at GetAddrinfoReqWrap.onlookup[as oncomplete] node:dns:71:17...
  6. Getting a Microsoft Visual C++ debug assertion error whenever I try to install anything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a Microsoft Visual C++ debug assertion error whenever I try to install anything...: Whenever I attempt to update my Nvidia drivers or even install any Nvidia programs such as GeForce, I get this error and don't know what to do:Debug Assertion Failed! Program: ...splayDriver/551.76/Win11_Win10-DCH_64/International/setup.exeFile:...
  7. Getting a Microsoft Visual C++ debug assertion error whenever I try to install anything...

Getting a Microsoft Visual C++ debug assertion error whenever I try to install anything...: Whenever I attempt to update my Nvidia drivers or even install any Nvidia programs such as GeForce, I get this error and don't know what to do:Debug Assertion Failed! Program: ...splayDriver/551.76/Win11_Win10-DCH_64/International/setup.exeFile:...
  8. How to debug faulty service in Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to debug faulty service in Windows: How should I troubleshoot/debug a built-in service that won't start on Windows OS.I'm not interested in fixing the issue. What I'm looking for is how to finding the root cause of the issue which is preventing a service from starting.I know SCM is responsible for managing...
  9. How to debug faulty service in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to debug faulty service in Windows: How should I debug a service that won't start on Windows OS.I'm not interested in fixing the issue. What I'm looking for is how to finding root cause of the issue preventing a service from starting.Edit: service is "WinRM"...
  10. How to debug faulty service in Windows

How to debug faulty service in Windows: How should I debug a service that won't start on Windows OS.I'm not interested in fixing the issue. What I'm looking for is how to finding root cause of the issue preventing a service from starting.Edit: service is "WinRM"...