Windows 10: How do I decline future windows 10 updates. They are removing stuff and making stuff inoperable

Discus and support How do I decline future windows 10 updates. They are removing stuff and making stuff inoperable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please let me know how I can: 1. Say no to updates when Windows prompts me about them; 2. Stop any automatic ones from happening in the background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YvonneGulley, Aug 5, 2019.

1. How do I decline future windows 10 updates. They are removing stuff and making stuff inoperable

Please let me know how I can:

1. Say no to updates when Windows prompts me about them;

2. Stop any automatic ones from happening in the background that I am not aware of.

They have so seriously ruined my way of operating I feel it should be MY personal choice whether I have them. the way they just get rid of some programmes, sometimes just replacing them with inferior ones, is tantamount to theft and is not acceptable. I don't want them any more. That should be my choice.

:)

YvonneGulley, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Autumn20 Win User

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Autumn20 Win User
    Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Aug 5, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

How do I decline future windows 10 updates. They are removing stuff and making stuff inoperable

My Stuff disappeared

Strange indeed- build 318, whether live id login or local user I get the search options displayed in Cortana, and not My Stuff now.

UK English.

Noted that logged in using my live id, the options were at the top of the Cortana box, whilst as a local user they were at the bottom (assuming no other factor affected this).

MS posts suggest this:

Type in "indexing" in your Cortana search box, click "indexing options" and a box will pop up with the locations you have designated to be searched. If the drive or drives you want to include are not listed, click "modify" and add them by checking the ones you want. Be sure to include the drive your Windows 10 is installed on or you won't get the "My Stuff" to show up.
    Search my stuff - Microsoft Windows

However I've not yet found this to work

dalchina, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

How do I decline future windows 10 updates. They are removing stuff and making stuff inoperable

1. How do I decline future windows 10 updates. They are removing stuff and making stuff inoperable - Similar Threads - decline future updates

2. how do i turn off hyper-v stuff and virtualization stuff? Also, how do i fix windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i turn off hyper-v stuff and virtualization stuff? Also, how do i fix windows 10...: how do i turn off hyper-v stuff and virtualization stuff? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-hyper-v-stuff-and-virtualization/6bd88036-b201-4241-89a4-de549ebce9c0
  3. how do i turn off hyper-v stuff and virtualization stuff? Also, how do i fix windows 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i turn off hyper-v stuff and virtualization stuff? Also, how do i fix windows 10...: how do i turn off hyper-v stuff and virtualization stuff? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-hyper-v-stuff-and-virtualization/6bd88036-b201-4241-89a4-de549ebce9c0
  4. how do i turn off hyper-v stuff and virtualization stuff? Also, how do i fix windows 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do i remove this tennis racket stuff?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove this tennis racket stuff?: i have this stuff on my search bar. why does it do this? i dont want it. sure its the french open but i dont care. why does it put a tennis racket on my search bar?...
  6. How do i remove this tennis racket stuff?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i remove this tennis racket stuff?: i have this stuff on my search bar. why does it do this? i dont want it. sure its the french open but i dont care. why does it put a tennis racket on my search bar?...
  7. How do i remove this tennis racket stuff?

8. How to make Cortana Say Custom stuff

How to make Cortana Say Custom stuff: OK so i want Cortanta To have Custom commands. I would say I would use it for..... Technical reasons but...... I really want her to say mean, and funny stuff. off topic For a sec I did something Funny like this in the past Let me show you its pretty cool [img] Anyways...
  9. How to remove Gmail app stuff?

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove Gmail app stuff?: A few weeks ago I created the Gmail offline app for testing purposes. I didn't like it, so I deleted whatever I could find about it, but I'm not sure it was really uninstalled or gone from my system. So much so that today I found this Google Chrome applications item on the...
  10. How to remove Gmail app stuff?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Gmail app stuff?: A few weeks ago I created the Gmail offline app for testing purposes. I didn't like it, so I deleted whatever I could find about it, but I'm not sure it was really uninstalled or gone from my system. So much so that today I found this Google Chrome applications item on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i decline windows 10 update