Windows 10: How do I defragment my hard drive?

Discus and support How do I defragment my hard drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I defragment my hard drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IvanSiekmann, Feb 17, 2020.

1. How do I defragment my hard drive?

How do I defragment my hard drive?

:)

IvanSiekmann, Feb 17, 2020

2. Hard Drive Defragmenting

What is the best program for Hard Drive defragmenting?

Polaris573, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Defragment and Optimize Drives Problem

Hi Edward,

Based on the details you have provided, your C drive was unrecognized by the system. We suggest that you run these
    commands and see if there are any changes:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      the following commands:

• To fix any logical file errors:

• Chkdsk C: /f /r

• To defrag your Drive C manually:

• Defrag C: /D /U

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 17, 2020
  4. How do I defragment my hard drive?

Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

How do I defragment my hard drive?

1. How do I defragment my hard drive? - Similar Threads - defragment hard drive

2. how do i optimize and defragment an external hard drive while booting the system.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i optimize and defragment an external hard drive while booting the system.: i have a WDthe brand 2t external hard drive. i was copying many videos from my phone's internal storage directly to it until it stopped froze and i canceled the copying process, and when it got stuck canceling i unplugged it. when i plugged it back in it took my pc quiet some...
  3. How do I Defragment my Storage Drives?.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I Defragment my Storage Drives?.: My OS is Windows 10 Home version 2004. I use a 125GB SSD only for the system and program installation files. Everything else I store and backup on my 500GB and 1TB HDD's. I have never defragmented my SSD as was advised it is not a good idea but after 7yrs I think it might be...
  4. Hard Drive Defrag . . .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive Defrag . . .: My computer is, a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro . . . I want, to clean up, my hard drive. I think, it's known as "Defrag"? I'm not, sure why? But, my computer is running very, slowly. I hope, after cleaning up my, hard drive. It, will run faster? I typed into, my...
  5. Defraging a remote hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Defraging a remote hard drive: After optimizing the remote hard drive, I get a prompt saying that it "needs optimization 17% fragmented." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defraging-a-remote-hard-drive/3edac645-c25a-467f-aee6-dd82d3dc7f4d
  6. how can defrag hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can defrag hard drive?: need help I don't know how it's done in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-defrag-hard-drive/3c6ada84-f066-404b-a7be-0463d568e606
  7. How to defrag my hard drive in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to defrag my hard drive in windows 10?: How to defragment my hard drive in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-defrag-my-hard-drive-in-windows-10/a3a96022-8baa-4767-8c3e-8de4bd09af4c
  8. want to Defragment my Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    want to Defragment my Hard Drive: want to Defragment my Hard Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-defragment-my-hard-drive/9edb1c7c-1092-4789-84b2-8a1c526cbfcd
  9. How often should I defragment my hard drive?

How often should I defragment my hard drive?: I hear that defragmenting shortens the life span of a hard drive. Is this true? Also, how often should I defrag? Windows has schedules for weekly and monthly optimizations, which is better? Or should I just manually perform it whenever defragmentation reaches a certain...
  10. Do I need to defrag my Hard Drive?

Do I need to defrag my Hard Drive?: I have this SSD hard drive: Samsung SSD 650 Series 2.5" SATA 120GB | for Business Do I need to defrag it? If so, what do I use to defrag it and how often? 27676