Windows 10: How do I delete a backup that I created using the Back Up Files wizard from another pc?

Discus and support How do I delete a backup that I created using the Back Up Files wizard from another pc? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I backed up my old Windows 7 PC and then installed it on my new Windows 10 PC. How can I safely remove those back up files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnVecchio, Jul 15, 2018.

1. How do I delete a backup that I created using the Back Up Files wizard from another pc?

I backed up my old Windows 7 PC and then installed it on my new Windows 10 PC. How can I safely remove those back up files?

:)

JohnVecchio, Jul 15, 2018

2. Backup using file history

Thanks Robeline

I was going by other advice and articles that suggest that backing up under Update and security/backup is now the way to go. I will try your suggestion.

Doug

DougWalsh1, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Backup using file history

Hi Doug,

There are limited options when using backup and restore. We suggest that you create a full backup using Windows 10 system image tool, you need to connect external storage with enough available space. See steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
    • On the left pane, click the Create a system image link.
    • Under Where do you want to save the backup?, select the
      On a hard disk
      option.
    • Using the "On a hard disk" drop-down menu, select the storage to save the backup.
    • Click the Start backup button.

Note: Once you completed the steps, the wizard will proceed to create a full backup of your system, including everything that is stored on the main drive, as well as the system reserved partition.

Robelene Win, Jul 15, 2018
  4. hdjx Win User

How do I delete a backup that I created using the Back Up Files wizard from another pc?

files have gone

I MOVED a directory from one W2K PC to another. However, the target PC (which has a backup unit on it and thus the point of the move) crashed halfway through the move and I had to reboot. I then decided that I needed to sort out why the PC crashed and MOVED the directory back again.

However, in the process, most of the files have disappeared! What I don't understand is why the original files were deleted if they were not copied over.

As far as I can see, the files have gone for good. Is there any hope? Friend suggest Data Recovery Wizard, can I try that?

Thema:

How do I delete a backup that I created using the Back Up Files wizard from another pc?

1. How do I delete a backup that I created using the Back Up Files wizard from another pc? - Similar Threads - delete backup created

2. How do I delete previous PC backups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete previous PC backups?: Hey, I've been having some trouble with my Windows 11 PC, and I've had to reset it a few times. When I go to the setup, it keeps asking if I want to restore from an old backup from previous PCs. Is there a way to delete all those previous PC backups?...
  3. How do I delete previous PC backups?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete previous PC backups?: Hey, I've been having some trouble with my Windows 11 PC, and I've had to reset it a few times. When I go to the setup, it keeps asking if I want to restore from an old backup from previous PCs. Is there a way to delete all those previous PC backups?...
  4. How do I do a backup system image to another PC using the network?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I do a backup system image to another PC using the network?: I would like to backup my windows 10 laptop to an other windows 10 pc, how would I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-do-a-backup-system-image-to-another-pc/706e0396-b68e-4d6e-b43c-151696b4aaf1
  5. How do I do a backup system image to another PC using the network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I do a backup system image to another PC using the network?: I would like to backup my windows 10 laptop to an other windows 10 pc, how would I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-do-a-backup-system-image-to-another-pc/706e0396-b68e-4d6e-b43c-151696b4aaf1
  6. How do I do a backup system image to another PC using the network?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I created this for something but ended up not using it. How do I delete it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I created this for something but ended up not using it. How do I delete it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iusetiktokandreddit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lx4thl/i_created_this_for_something_but_ended_up_not/
  8. How do I create a backup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I create a backup?: I’m a Mac guy who got my first windows pc for the first time since windows 7. Im about to wipe my drive and install Arch Linux instead but first I wanna back up my stuff. On mac it’s really simply, you plug in any hard drive and open time machine and with one click literally...
  9. Delete old backups from another PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete old backups from another PC: I have an external HD where 3 different system image backups by windows were created in some other laptop. Now I have a different PC and I want to free disk space by deleting 2 of 3 backups. All searches in web show that I can use Control Panel > Windows 7 Restore and Backup...
  10. How do I create and use a System Image backup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I create and use a System Image backup?: I made one back in the day but when I tried to use it it wasn't like back in the day when you put in the Windows repair disk... (It's been a while I don't remember the confusion.) I know you burn it onto a DVD but once it's made and you need to use it to repair the system how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete a windows created backup in another pc

2. how to remove Win backup and sync