Windows 10: How do I delete a corrupt in-progress download from the windows store?

Discus and support How do I delete a corrupt in-progress download from the windows store? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My forza 7 download has been stuck around 68GB and it keeps stopping because the files are corrupt and I need a clean install. When I click the X it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CallumDuncan1, Oct 7, 2018.

1. How do I delete a corrupt in-progress download from the windows store?

My forza 7 download has been stuck around 68GB and it keeps stopping because the files are corrupt and I need a clean install. When I click the X it just stops and and when I hit install it just resumes from the 68GB and fails again because it doesnt delete the already existing download. I've already tried wsreset and the windows store fixer thing. I just need to know where the download is located so I can delete it.

:)

CallumDuncan1, Oct 7, 2018

2. Downloading is Slow from Store.

Hi Mihir,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the description, I understand that Windows store downloads slowly.

Step 1:

I suggest you to clear Windows Store cache and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe on Run window and press enter.
    • Check if issue persists.

You may try the following steps and check:

Step 2:

Try to run the sfc scan and check if the Windows store downloads faster:

Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 7, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 7, 2018
  4. How do I delete a corrupt in-progress download from the windows store?

How to stop Windows 10 update in progress

Hi,

This could be due to corrupted Windows Update components. We suggest that you run the Windows Update troubleshooter to address this. See this
    support article and click on Download troubleshooter for Windows 10.

If the issue persists even after running the troubleshooter, we suggest that you delete the SoftwareDistribution folder or its contents. The SoftwareDistribution folder is used to store Windows Update cache. Follow the steps below on how you can delete the
    said folder:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.
    • Delete the folder itself or the contents.
    • Restart your PC. Doing so will restore a new SoftwareDistribution folder that basically refreshes Windows Updates.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

How do I delete a corrupt in-progress download from the windows store?

1. How do I delete a corrupt in-progress download from the windows store? - Similar Threads - delete corrupt progress

2. How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?: I was downloading the Phoenix Wright: ace attorney trilogy game from the microsoft store and accidentally restarted my pc during the download, now it is corrupted and I cannot retry the download so how do I delete the corrupted download from the store to try and download it...
  3. How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?: I was downloading the Phoenix Wright: ace attorney trilogy game from the microsoft store and accidentally restarted my pc during the download, now it is corrupted and I cannot retry the download so how do I delete the corrupted download from the store to try and download it...
  4. How do I cancel a download in progress on Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I cancel a download in progress on Microsoft store: Hi I need help cancelling a download I started on Microsoft store but I can't find a way to cancel the game and it's a big game, so I chose wisely and tried to cancel it but there was no way to cancel so I tried to search it up on Microsoft edge but it kept bringing up how to...
  5. How do I cancel a download in progress on Microsoft store

How do I cancel a download in progress on Microsoft store: Hi I need help cancelling a download I started on Microsoft store but I can't find a way to cancel the game and it's a big game, so I chose wisely and tried to cancel it but there was no way to cancel so I tried to search it up on Microsoft edge but it kept bringing up how to...
  6. how do l delete a corrupt file from windowsapp

how do l delete a corrupt file from windowsapp: Hi guys. My computer started showing the blue screen which is being caused from my external drive. The problem started 3 days ago when my grandson try to update a game on gamepass for pc. I have worked out that l have a corrupt file in windowsapp folder which says Users...
  7. How do download an app from windows store ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do download an app from windows store ?: Every attempt to install an app from Microsoft store has never worked , i tried to install xodo pdf reader the download remained stuck for 4 hours in the end i just cancelled it. Right now I am trying to install Sea Of Thieves using both the Xbox app and the Microsoft Store...
  8. how do i download from the web and not only windows store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i download from the web and not only windows store: help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-from-the-web-and-not-only/8298bb1e-e84c-47cc-bf2e-0336264411c7
  9. How do I download apps that are not from the Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I download apps that are not from the Microsoft store: Split from this thread. hi I was wandering how I download apps that are not from the Microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-apps-that-are-not-from-the/b8e19e0a-36b0-46ec-83f1-3f65ba698e51
  10. how do I found downloads I downloaded from orapp store or google play store?

how do I found downloads I downloaded from orapp store or google play store?: how do I found downloads I downloaded from orapp store or google play store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i/de9e88de-386e-4765-8e35-184b7586db6b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to clear a corrupt windows store download

2. how to clear windows store download progress

3. delete inprogress install

4. windows store in progress download folder,
  5. delete corrupted download from windows store,
  6. how do delete a windows store download,
  7. delete corrupted download on Microsoft Store