Windows 10: How do I delete a desktop shortcut from one computer without deleting it from another?

Discus and support How do I delete a desktop shortcut from one computer without deleting it from another? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have done everything from checking Always keep on this device on the pc i want to keep it, to the free up space thing on the pc I don't want it on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by J Person, Nov 30, 2022.

1. J Person Win User

How do I delete a desktop shortcut from one computer without deleting it from another?

I have done everything from checking Always keep on this device on the pc i want to keep it, to the free up space thing on the pc I don't want it on. not matter what I do, if I delete the shortcut from my Surface Book the same thing gets deleted off my gaming computer. is there somthing I'm missing?

:)

J Person, Nov 30, 2022
  2. Try3 Win User

Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

3. xlr8tx Win User
    Deleted folder shortcut keeps reappearing on desktop

Hello all.

I recently deleted several shortcuts from my desktop. Now however, I'm having an odd issue.

One of the deleted folder shortcuts keeps reappearing. I've deleted it the conventional way and with the "Shift+Delete key" method but to no avail.

Someone told me it was OneDrive, but although I do have it installed, I've never used it.

Any suggestions?

xlr8tx, Nov 30, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

How do I delete a desktop shortcut from one computer without deleting it from another?

How do you delete Excel shortcuts in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to delete the shortcut?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To delete a shortcut

Right-click the shortcut that you want to delete, click
    Delete, and then click yes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

1. How do I delete a desktop shortcut from one computer without deleting it from another? - Similar Threads - delete desktop shortcut

2. How do I delete my onedrive shortcuts from one computer but not another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete my onedrive shortcuts from one computer but not another?: I've had a desktop with windows 10 for a couple years now and I have a lot of files on it saved to my OneDrive rather than my SSD video games, chrome shortcuts, etc.. I just bought a new laptop with windows 11. When setting it up, all of the shortcuts from my desktop appeared...
  3. How do I delete my onedrive shortcuts from one computer but not another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete my onedrive shortcuts from one computer but not another?: I've had a desktop with windows 10 for a couple years now and I have a lot of files on it saved to my OneDrive rather than my SSD video games, chrome shortcuts, etc.. I just bought a new laptop with windows 11. When setting it up, all of the shortcuts from my desktop appeared...
  4. How do i delete a shortcut from desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i delete a shortcut from desktop?: I'm unable to delete a shortcut from Firefox and a website I was browsing. I've selected it and hit the "delete" key and right clicked to delete it. I tried moving it to Recycle Bin. I have started Windows in safe mode and tried to delete it and it still won't work. The...
  5. How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?: I am trying to wipe the hard drive clean on an old laptop, but I keep getting an error message, so the reset was unsuccessful after many tries. So, I thought I would delete files instead. But, I'm concerned that if I delete files on the old laptop, that they will be deleted...
  6. How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?

How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?: I am trying to wipe the hard drive clean on an old laptop, but I keep getting an error message, so the reset was unsuccessful after many tries. So, I thought I would delete files instead. But, I'm concerned that if I delete files on the old laptop, that they will be deleted...
  7. How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How do I delete a desktop shortcut from one computer without deleting it from another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a desktop shortcut from one computer without deleting it from another?: I have done everything from checking Always keep on this device on the pc i want to keep it, to the free up space thing on the pc I don't want it on. not matter what I do, if I delete the shortcut from my Surface Book the same thing gets deleted off my gaming computer. is...
  9. How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?: I just got a new laptop and I synced my OneDrive which downloaded everything from desktop. I plan to use this computer for school but I want to delete some files that I don't need on this computer without deleting it from my desktop. Is there a way to do that?Also, I've...
  10. How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?

How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?: I just got a new laptop and I synced my OneDrive which downloaded everything from desktop. I plan to use this computer for school but I want to delete some files that I don't need on this computer without deleting it from my desktop. Is there a way to do that?Also, I've...