Windows 10: How do I delete a file that says "Windows cannot find ___. Make sure you typed the name...

Discus and support How do I delete a file that says "Windows cannot find ___. Make sure you typed the name... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, so I am having some issues with storage on my computer, so in an attempt to solve this issue, I went to Storage Settings as you can see here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vlad Ardelean, Sep 26, 2019.

1. How do I delete a file that says "Windows cannot find ___. Make sure you typed the name...

Hello, so I am having some issues with storage on my computer, so in an attempt to solve this issue, I went to Storage Settings as you can see here:

How do I delete a file that says "Windows cannot find ___. Make sure you typed the name... 44a37f4b-c75b-4ab2-837c-70c2f3be8007?upload=true.png

I then clicked on "Apps & Features" due to it taking up the vast majority of storage on my computer, and filtered it by size. One app taking up a huge amount of space on my computer is Elder Scrolls Online which is 60.1 GB. I thought I deleted the app awhile ago, so was surprised to see it still taking up my storage, and naturally I tried to get rid of it. So I clicked on the name, and then clicked "Uninstall" however this error message then popped up:

How do I delete a file that says "Windows cannot find ___. Make sure you typed the name... c3a0efa1-0fb1-4cea-af23-c037a01800e5?upload=true.png

Not only that, but there are many other apps displaying the same error message, including Diablo III which, as you see in the screenshot, takes up quite a bit of storage. So how do I fix this problem? I desperately need to clear up storage and couldn't find help anywhere else on this particular problem.

:)

Vlad Ardelean, Sep 26, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Sep 26, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

How do I delete a file that says "Windows cannot find ___. Make sure you typed the name...

Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

You would have to move your Page File to a different drive to get rid of that file, however you can make is smaller by adjusting the size in Windows.

To get rid of Hyberfile.sys you need to disable hibernation by doing the following:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press ENTER.
    • Type exit and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window
    Then you can delete the hyberfile.sys file.

newtekie1, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

How do I delete a file that says "Windows cannot find ___. Make sure you typed the name...

1. How do I delete a file that says "Windows cannot find ___. Make sure you typed the name... - Similar Threads - delete file says

2. How do I delete a file that says "Windows cannot find. Make sure you typed the name...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a file that says "Windows cannot find. Make sure you typed the name...: When I try and delete this it says this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-file-that-says-windows-cannot/617e259b-9aed-40eb-9ee6-e3d7e8ca3d42
  3. How do I delete a file that says "Windows cannot find. Make sure you typed the name...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete a file that says "Windows cannot find. Make sure you typed the name...: When I try and delete this it says this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-file-that-says-windows-cannot/617e259b-9aed-40eb-9ee6-e3d7e8ca3d42
  4. Windows cannot find ' F:\dataweave_qs\dataweave.txt ' .Make sure you typed the name...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find ' F:\dataweave_qs\dataweave.txt ' .Make sure you typed the name...: Actually i went with the recent windows-11 update from that day my files are not opening and my Microsoft store also not opening and whatever the files i have in my temp folder i.e., documents and downloads, desktop those files are gone . Anyone Please help me how to resolve...
  5. "Windows 11 cannot find '<file>'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows 11 cannot find '<file>'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try...: This morning, when I started up my computer, I started getting this error all over the place.This occurs even when I've clicked on that file in Explorer directly, so I'm not typing the name at all. Most often the test case is a PDF file, so I attempted to uninstall Foxit...
  6. "Windows 11 cannot find '<file>'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Windows 11 cannot find '<file>'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try...: This morning, when I started up my computer, I started getting this error all over the place.This occurs even when I've clicked on that file in Explorer directly, so I'm not typing the name at all. Most often the test case is a PDF file, so I attempted to uninstall Foxit...
  7. Windows cannot find explorer.exe, Make sure you typed the name correctly

in Windows 10 News
    Windows cannot find explorer.exe, Make sure you typed the name correctly: [ATTACH]Many users have reported this issue that when they click on the File Explorer icon present in the taskbar of their Windows 11/10 computer, they receive an error, and are unable to open File Explorer. Though there are many ways to open File Explorer of Windows 11/10...
  8. Windows cannot find *name of the file*. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try again.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find *name of the file*. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try again.: I downloaded a file sent by my teacher thru fb. But when I go to the download button, then click the open file, there's a tab that says "Windows cannot find *name of the file*. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try again." I don't know what to do, and I can't do my...
  9. Windows cannot find the file C:\ name of file , make sure you typed the name correctly....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find the file C:\ name of file , make sure you typed the name correctly....: Windows cannot find the file C:\ name of file , make sure you typed the name correctly All my files in my documents folder are coming up with this...
  10. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly: Crazy morning!!! Today Windows doesn't want find a couple of programs. Some are in C drive other in D driver. Office too is not working. I tried to uninstall and reinstall, for example Foxit, but I cannot still run it. To run the programm I went under the directory and...